Slam Dunk 2024

Dukey

Pretty underwhelmed even with two of my favourite bands headlining stages (wonder years & I prevail) feel like I’ve seen every remotely interesting band on the bull over the last couple of years, the only quite fun surprise is head automatica which would be a laugh: 

people will be happy with AAR but I stand by them being one of the worst bands I’ve ever seen live (and that was at give it a name in 2007)

There’s enough bands I want to see there to warrant going but £120 is f**king well steep. It’s a good job Slam Dunk is always the best day of the year. I want to see: 

Head Automatica (x1000) 

Funeral For A Friend 

You Me At Six 

All American Rejects 

We The Kings 

Pale Waves 

Bob Vylan 

The Wonder Years 

LS Dunes (curiosity, mostly) 

La Dispute 

Goldfinger 

Assuming Avril will be at Download under FOB but happy with The All American Rejects, I Prevail, Funeral for a Friend, The Interrupters & Palaye Royale however I’d miss at least one of these through clashes which is a shame. Genuinely shocked by YMAS being the main headliner though, so boring. Also happy with Bob Vylan, LS Dunes & One Step Closer. Probably enough for me to justify a ticket. 

Anyone fancy making a mock up clash finder based on last year please? Just to see potential clashes if only lower acts are announced. 

My personal thoughts with the words below:

Slam dunk don't usually show off a "split" poster like this until much later but its also usually obvious to split the stages on "genre" of music usually and the way this poster is split does read appropriate.

Last year all stages had a minimum of 7 bands and a max of 9 so most of these "stages" have a lot of space left except for the ska punk stage.

Speaking of last year that was a headliner stage but the "size" or "quality" of the bands announced do seem smaller. Right now I would have to assume the ska punk is in the dual sided tent alternating with I guess the "stage" headed up by the wonder years. That could entirely change if they pull Rancid as their second main headliner and pull another big name next to Interrupters.

My guess is right now the 2 main stages are the ones headed by YMAS obviously and they solidify the I prevail stage with say WSS, maybe Turnstile or as someone mentioned earlier, Refused playing shape of punk to come.