BRITs 2023

stanh

21 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Looking at its chart performance it went straight in at #1 and then sank fairly quickly. I've not heard it but I think it was largely a downbeat breakup album which maybe explains it d@bbing down outside his fanbase 

Looking at metacritic it was her highest rated album ever. Aggregate score of 84 to Stormzy’s 79. 

Can’t say I have listened to it to know myself what it’s like but if the best she’s ever done can’t be nominated then I do think they have made a mistake removing the genders from this category. 

1 hour ago, gigpusher said:

Maybe it’s just my timeline but I heard more positive reviews of her album than I did of Stormzy’s which seemed to get an utterly beige reception. 

I don’t think either are particularly memorable but Stormzy’s definitely takes the biscuit for being more mainstream.

Florence isn’t the topical mainstream artist she was nearly 10 years ago. Stormzy is still a big name with all his records getting played constantly on radio.

I have loved Florence but I think people massively inflate her contemporary relevance and popularity. 

Edited by Matt42

11 hours ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

More coal in the fire for the hype train that is Fred Again...

100%, would be cool to see him pick up at least one award - reckon he could pretty easily get Dance act.

6 hours ago, Matt42 said:

Her album came and went I’m afraid, just like the last one

Shame, it was pretty good, as was Crash. 

6 hours ago, Matt42 said:

My predictions (as in what I think the Brits will pick… not what I would pick)… some could go either way but let’s see

Yeahh pretty good shouts them, I also think Afraid To Feel may have a decent shot at SotY as well. I think it's between As It Was, B.O.T.A and Afraid To Feel. 

4 minutes ago, WhoOdyssey said:

I feel like if 'Afraid To Feel' was in contention for Best Single, LF System would be nominated for Best Dance Act too (which Eliza is). Just a thought though!

Not exactly how their nomination process works

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-64264069

thought this article was quite interesting - note that Little Simz seemingly wasn't even up for nomination due to no music releases in the timeframe.

3 hours ago, stanh said:

Yeahh pretty good shouts them, I also think Afraid To Feel may have a decent shot at SotY as well. I think it's between As It Was, B.O.T.A and Afraid To Feel. 

Reckon a few could be off but I’ve tried my best to think where we could see even spreads. Easy to predict Harry will sweep it, but I think a few categories he is nominated in will go elsewhere.

Only thing I’m now second guessing is I have AM going home empty handed… which I can’t see…

Edited by Matt42

• 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, stanh said:

Full performance lineup is out now, not the most impressive of years I must say. 

-Harry Styles

-Lizzo

-Stormzy

-Lewis Capaldi

-David Guetta, Becky Hill & Ella Henderson

-Cat Burns

-Wet Leg

-Sam Smith & Kim Petras

Don;t they usually have a 'legend' 'lifetime performance' award/performance- noone there would qualify - surely 

2 minutes ago, Funkyfairy! said:

Don;t they usually have a 'legend' 'lifetime performance' award/performance- noone there would qualify - surely 

Yeah I think so, unless there are some surprises in store? Because otherwise it is pretty much the 2020 lineup again (they had Harry Styles, Lizzo, Stormzy, Lewis Capaldi).

20 minutes ago, stanh said:

Full performance lineup is out now, not the most impressive of years I must say. 

-Harry Styles

-Lizzo

-Stormzy

-Lewis Capaldi

-David Guetta, Becky Hill & Ella Henderson

-Cat Burns

-Wet Leg

-Sam Smith & Kim Petras

Who are the special guests, theyve been known to have surprise collaborations and changing it a saturday they need to beef it up and have the audience figures

3 minutes ago, Funkyfairy! said:

Who are the special guests, theyve been known to have surprise collaborations and changing it a saturday they need to beef it up and have the audience figures

There has been rumours on Twitter about Beyoncé, Taylor Swift and Miley Cyrus all having been approached to perform, but not too sure what the sources actually were, or where it came from in the first place.