Adverts on here

km9

Just wondering what adverts people are seeing on here.

I'm not complaining at all about advertising, and I know people will jump in and say I must have been googling some dodgy stuff (I definitely haven't), but there are some pretty tasteless adverts on this site and I don't know if everyone gets the same 

31 minutes ago, km9 said:

Just wondering what adverts people are seeing on here.

I'm not complaining at all about advertising, and I know people will jump in and say I must have been googling some dodgy stuff (I definitely haven't), but there are some pretty tasteless adverts on this site and I don't know if everyone gets the same 

I've just had a look on the main site and as ads are by google, I'm afraid to say it's based on your browsing history.

I've refreshed a few times and got Experian, British Airways, landlord services and American Express which are all fully inline with my browsing over the last few days! 

20 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Surely it is based on the browsing history stored on that specific computer, and not necessarily any one individual's browsing history on that computer? I genuinely don't know if that's the case or not.

most likely based on that computer (will depend on set-up, etc.).

Edited by Neil

4 hours ago, Neil said:

most likely based on that computer (will depend on set-up, etc.).

I had thought that there might be some potential for being able to differentiate, but didn't actually know. I base the direction of travel in my thoughts on the fact that, to me, everything can now be broken down, scrutinised etc - as long as you are 'connected'. I recall reading about a hit man in the UK who was caught because the police were able to use a sports watch / computer type device, which pinpointed his presence at the geographical location of the killing (can't recall if it recorded the actual time too). 

2 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Good to see you back. 

Thank you.

I have ran out of up votes.

I don't want to give the impression that I'm back for good, because that may not be the case. I needed to take time out from 'everything' for a while back there. A case of loosing control / not being able to cope / more shit to deal with than a person who's vocational job it is to deal with shit. 

I do love this 'place. That'll never go away.

4 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Thank you.

I have ran out of up votes.

I don't want to give the impression that I'm back for good, because that may not be the case. I needed to take time out from 'everything' for a while back there. A case of loosing control / not being able to cope / more shit to deal with than a person who's vocational job it is to deal with shit. 

I do love this 'place. That'll never go away.

Well, you do what's right for you and your health. That's all that matters. Your tales have been missed. And this place will still be here. As crazy as ever. And, with love, much like yourself.