2023 line up thread

Guy Incognito

3 hours ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

Bristol Beer Factory session IPA at 4.2% is unlikely to be anything too exciting, but the previous Two Tribes stuff is pretty bland so I'm all up for a change.

The BBF Independence and Milk Stout beers are great, so hopefully Laser Juice will be decent or they might have some options.

• Upvote 1

Mate said what about Baxter Dury playing? I don't hate it from a quick glance? He'd be back from playing Switzerland 25 Aug, without other European dates until late Sept, he isn't down for Green Man so isn't playing either festival. What I don't know about is why it wouldn't be announced!

He'd be a great late night too. I wasn't there last time he played so not sure how it went!

13 minutes ago, jplewes said:

Mate said what about Baxter Dury playing? I don't hate it from a quick glance? He'd be back from playing Switzerland 25 Aug, without other European dates until late Sept, he isn't down for Green Man so isn't playing either festival. What I don't know about is why it wouldn't be announced!

He'd be a great late night too. I wasn't there last time he played so not sure how it went!

Really enjoyed him. He was on at about the same time,mid evening from what I remember, I think? Was well received all round.

• Like 1

On 7/13/2023 at 9:50 AM, scatteredscreens said:

I assume tickets will sell out soon and then hopefully ticket selling platforms will open.

I have an earlybird I've had for ages I want to get rid of, I have other plans that weekend, willing to sell it for as low at £160, which is about 40 quid off the earlybird price I paid. Will likely have to wait for the proper platforms to open but if anyone wants me to hold it back for them let me know.

image.thumb.png.d3b9e16d2851d4bd33f6883b11fe52f8.png

Did you put this on twickets yet?

"

One for you, thirsty reader. This year our craft selection will be headed up by the excellent Lost and Grounded Brewersol BeBristol Beer Factoryed in, you guessed it, Bristol. 

Lost & Grounded are fascinated by the precision of German brewing and the idiosyncratic nature of Belgian beer. From their flagship Keller Pils through to the delicious Apophenia, we have a range of brews to keep you coming back for more.

Bristol Beer Factory’s mission is to brew to unite people and communities over world-class hops, inspiring people to demand and drink progressive, independent beer. They’re bringing an exquisite selection including Laser Juice - a session IPA supercharged with new-wave hop energy that will take you to the New Mexico mountains; Clear Head, for the ones looking for a 0.5% alcohol-free option and many more.

If you missed out on tickets, you can visit both breweries’ socials to be in with the chance to win a pair of tickets, some beers and more. See you down the front!

1 hour ago, zahidf said:

"

One for you, thirsty reader. This year our craft selection will be headed up by the excellent Lost and Grounded Brewersol BeBristol Beer Factoryed in, you guessed it, Bristol. 

Lost & Grounded are fascinated by the precision of German brewing and the idiosyncratic nature of Belgian beer. From their flagship Keller Pils through to the delicious Apophenia, we have a range of brews to keep you coming back for more.

Bristol Beer Factory’s mission is to brew to unite people and communities over world-class hops, inspiring people to demand and drink progressive, independent beer. They’re bringing an exquisite selection including Laser Juice - a session IPA supercharged with new-wave hop energy that will take you to the New Mexico mountains; Clear Head, for the ones looking for a 0.5% alcohol-free option and many more.

If you missed out on tickets, you can visit both breweries’ socials to be in with the chance to win a pair of tickets, some beers and more. See you down the front!

Apophenia is a 8.8% Belgian Trippel! Imagine that’ll only be in the beer fest tent, and will be gone by Fri pm

I know the mystery artist has already been done to death but I'm going to throw in a new possibility - Bat For Lashes. Former headliner, played Meltdown and a couple of warm-up gigs in June, talked in a March interview about having a new album set for the autumn so might be holding the announcement back until the release date goes public (though she was announced for an October Cardiff arts festival last week)

• Upvote 1

Because I enjoy the speculation - my wife also suggested ANOHNI and the Johnsons as new album, but no tour dates etc. https://pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/anohni-and-the-johnsons-my-back-was-a-bridge-for-you-to-cross/

Bit more left field I guess (and no gigs since 2013 as far as I can see, so pretty unlikely!), but fits with there being a reason for no announcement. 

By the date I'm hoping I'll have seen every flipping possible name so I can be like, I knew it!

Edited by jplewes

46 minutes ago, RedRockRick said:

I'm quietly confident that ??? will be Jarvis or a derivative, or Blur or a permutation, or The Magnetic Fields. My earlier hot tips of Tony Bennett and Randy Meisner haven't worked out, though they remain more likely than Polly. 

I do keep going back to Pulp or Blur as the enormous one that would be worth the wait. Struggle to believe that they'd play and then Future Islands would headline though, seems mad!

Maybe less convinced on Magnetic Fields with European gigs in Nov! If they could make them a massive slot to do 69 love songs in full (or half on one night...) as they've been doing in the US though, that'd be grand.

I feel the most likely options for ??? are:

boygenius: Def too big to go on the regular line up (does that make them more or less likely?), touring. Got history with the festival. Lucy was harping on about how much she loves it.

Gabriels: Dropped out last year, touring, about the right size.

Fat White Family: Announced three random dates in Sept, about the right kinda size and style.