2023 line up thread

Guy Incognito

9 hours ago, mario man said:

Was it Nuha on stage with Warmduscher a few years back? Seem to remember one of her band/entourage stage dived towards the end of the set

Yeah, it was Wu-Lu who dived off the stage, messed it up and half landed on the barrier. Surprised he didn't really hurt himself.

4 hours ago, SweepingTheNation said:

She's actually in Europe for a few weeks and has a gap between Vienna on the 31st and Cologne on the 4th. Even so I'd be surprised if she's playing so soon after headlining.

Aha didn't see that. Doubtful then she'd leave the Vaterland and back again for 1 gig.

Jeff Lewis was great last night. Get him back, He's got a date in Deal that weekend and one in Manchester, but that's nothing for the mighty warhorse that is JL when touring. Think he's just coming to the end of 14 nights on the trot or something

• Upvote 1

On 5/11/2023 at 6:52 PM, goldengirl said:

Argh worst possible clash for me 😞 Wanted to see King Gizz for ages, but I also love Ezra and my friend I'm going with she's the only act she knows 😅

Do we know for certain that it is a clash... ie that Ezra Furman is headlining the Garden? I suppose I hoped she could be subbing the Woods.

2 hours ago, Yoss said:

But then she headlined the Garden the time before. I'm not sure which would be considered the step up or down.

Issue then is who headlines Garden, as that far up the bill and with the self-confirmations so far the best options are Fatoumata Diawara, Kokoroko, Greentea Peng or The Murder Capital, who - and I know this is going to sound a bit weird - feel better suited to being Woods subs than Garden headliners.

Edited by SweepingTheNation

On 5/13/2023 at 2:09 PM, Yoss said:

I don't have a clue. You might well be right that Ezra will headline Garden - I just wasn't sure if that was actually something that had been confirmed anywhere.

Unknown Mortal Orchestra is higher up in the list here:

https://endoftheroadfestival.com/line-up/music/

Hoping and praying that Ezra is on before King Gizz 💗

(Well I wanted to see UMO too but less urgently than KG)

Edited by goldengirl

On 5/13/2023 at 11:33 AM, Yoss said:

But then she headlined the Garden the time before. I'm not sure which would be considered the step up or down.

I reckon the last album hasn't had the impact that previous ones have. Garden headliner, for me.