2023 line up thread

Guy Incognito

10 minutes ago, robith said:

Never been to any of the Literature stuff, but I always find it very reassuring that it's there

Conversely, one of my most eagerly awaited bits. Pretty mediocre this year, with exception of Jeremy Deller, who's a star booking. Slightly pissed off that I'd pre-ordered his book from RT.

5 minutes ago, RedRockRick said:

Conversely, looks pretty interesting to me - very Guardian-centric as well!

Yeah, I think I often prefer the fiction writers they get in, Max Porter was great for example, David Keenan, Backlisted talking about Ulverton, that kind of thing. Environmental journalism from the Guardian, however, is never going to light my fire. But you know, fortunately, the festival is not built entirely around my tastes/prejudices.

On 4/19/2023 at 10:19 AM, AboutToday said:

One of our group paid £80 for their ticket last year, the week before. 

Given that the line up is weaker this year than last, at least in terms of the subs and immediate undercard, I wouldn't be surprised to see resales dip closer to £50.

Yep, if I pay my balance (still undecided as I feel the line-up is pretty underwhelming) this is the last time I’ll get a ticket early. Especially with how much they cost now. 

4 hours ago, SweepingTheNation said:

Depends on your definition of "late night stuff" but there's usually (often) more electronic acts and DJs in the Big Top after the main headliner, DJs in the woods and secret sets in the Tipi until 2-2.30am.

The Saturday in 2021 was a highlight for this - absolutely danced my feet into dust at the Romare/Auntie Flo double header in the Big Top. But last year was good too with Battles/Ross from Friends with Djs I forget on afterwards. Really like that as a vibe

• Upvote 1

On 4/27/2023 at 12:02 PM, Mardy said:

Yeah, I think I often prefer the fiction writers they get in, Max Porter was great for example, David Keenan, Backlisted talking about Ulverton, that kind of thing. Environmental journalism from the Guardian, however, is never going to light my fire. But you know, fortunately, the festival is not built entirely around my tastes/prejudices.

I wish Backlisted were there every year. It is where I discovered the podcast and they seem a natural fit.

2 minutes ago, the neon handshake said:

Third wave of acts announced for Manchester Psych Fest, could be a few more crossovers? 

Screenshot_20230504_101334.jpg

Snail Mail is at Green Man. Expecting to add Jeffrey Lewis to the growing list of ideal overseas acts who are in the country that weekend and probably not playing. (Genuinely surprised that Nuha's not been named, though, especially as her old band Arrows Of Love played a couple of times)

Edited by SweepingTheNation

41 minutes ago, SweepingTheNation said:

Snail Mail is at Green Man. Expecting to add Jeffrey Lewis to the growing list of ideal overseas acts who are in the country that weekend and probably not playing. (Genuinely surprised that Nuha's not been named, though, especially as her old band Arrows Of Love played a couple of times)

Fingers crossed for Jeffrey LEwis

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, RedRockRick said:

I'm certainly expecting more acts to be announced, though I do think we'd already had last year's final announcement by this time last year?

Last year there were two regular announcements, then a whole bunch more (mostly because of the launch of the Boat stage and a handful of pullouts) came with the day splits on 20th July.

Going by my reckoning for the clashfinder there's currently three slots left, and that's if nothing gets changed compared to last year (the two late Tipi places getting reclaimed by the secret sets or Angel Olsen's set starting earlier as with Magnetic Fields)

Paid my balance about 4:30 yesterday as it’s a great place but no more early bird tickets for me from now on.  Really hoping for some more high profile additions but not expecting them.

This is the kit and BC camplight seem big omissions with new albums out soon. 

On 5/4/2023 at 10:15 AM, SweepingTheNation said:

Genuinely surprised that Nuha's not been named, though, especially as her old band Arrows Of Love played a couple of times)

Was it Nuha on stage with Warmduscher a few years back? Seem to remember one of her band/entourage stage dived towards the end of the set