2023 line up thread

Guy Incognito

I know this festival has been mentioned before, but they seem to have added a few more names. It's the weekend before End of the Road. We've got King Gizzard, but what are the chances of getting a few more? OhSees, Dry Cleaning, Shame, Crack Cloud, Les Savvy Fav, Nilufer Yanya, Black Midi, Panda Bear & Sonic Boom, Porridge Radio, Snail Mail, Squid. Any of those would pep things up a bit (though a few played last year, so unlikely).

adelanto_2023_cartel_completo_1.png

39 minutes ago, Thruxton Appleby said:

I know this festival has been mentioned before, but they seem to have added a few more names. It's the weekend before End of the Road. We've got King Gizzard, but what are the chances of getting a few more? OhSees, Dry Cleaning, Shame, Crack Cloud, Les Savvy Fav, Nilufer Yanya, Black Midi, Panda Bear & Sonic Boom, Porridge Radio, Snail Mail, Squid. Any of those would pep things up a bit (though a few played last year, so unlikely).

We've been looking at this for a while - Les Savy Fav, Squid and Snail Mail are at Green Man and as you say a lot more are too recent. Panda Bear & Sonic Boom is the interesting one, they have European festival dates every weekend in August except GM and there's no reason they wouldn't have been in their first announcement so it might be worth keeping an eye on that. Osees are starting a US tour on the 3rd though.

• Upvote 1

One thing we may need to bear in mind regarding the second announcement is in that Guardian piece about the lack of female headliners (in which, if you missed it, he says Angel Olsen was offered headliner status but wanted to play the Garden while he had another lined up and lost them to an exclusivity clause) Simon says the full line-up will be 50% female and another 10% mixed gender bands. Of those in the first announcement 36 out of 96 (37.5%) are female with just under 20% mixed* so while he's clearly just grabbing figures out of the air for a journalist's sake hoping nobody follows it up, given eyes are on festivals like this one on gender balance there's some catching up to do and I wonder how many of those near top end acts who would be available are female.

( * and that figure includes the single female members of eight-piece Caroline, seven-piece Personal Trainer and six-piece Blue Bendy)

Edited by SweepingTheNation
  • Upvote 3

12 minutes ago, SweepingTheNation said:

One thing we may need to bear in mind regarding the second announcement is in that Guardian piece about the lack of female headliners (in which, if you missed it, he says Angel Olsen was offered headliner status but wanted to play the Garden while he had another lined up and lost them to an exclusivity clause) Simon says the full line-up will be 50% female and another 10% mixed gender bands. Of those in the first announcement 36 out of 96 (37.5%) are female with just under 20% mixed* so while he's clearly just grabbing figures out of the air for a journalist's sake hoping nobody follows it up, given eyes are on festivals like this one on gender balance there's some catching up to do and I wonder how many of those near top end acts who would be available are female.

( * and that figure includes the single female members of eight-piece Caroline, seven-piece Personal Trainer and six-piece Blue Bendy)

I was thinking Julia Jacklin as Simon EOTR had recently linked to her, but I see she has UK dates 2 months before and 2 months after EOTR...

13 hours ago, SweepingTheNation said:

We've been looking at this for a while - Les Savy Fav, Squid and Snail Mail are at Green Man and as you say a lot more are too recent. Panda Bear & Sonic Boom is the interesting one, they have European festival dates every weekend in August except GM and there's no reason they wouldn't have been in their first announcement so it might be worth keeping an eye on that. Osees are starting a US tour on the 3rd though.

I think Panda Bear/Sonic Boom will be in the second announcement 

I'm hoping that to be the case 

6 hours ago, blurman said:

185 also way better 

BT2ANNC22222-scaled.jpg

Depends what you like and what you want to see. There's some alright stuff on there but most of the bigger acts are dull in my opinion and I've seen everyone else I'd watch on that list at least twice, and in some cases over 5 times.

I guarantee that if you went to EOTR you'd have a good time. I've been to all but 3 of them and I can't recall ever speaking to anyone who didn't have anything other than a really enjoyable weekend. 

Imagine thinking that either of those line ups were as good/had the depth of EOTR's lol. 

48 minutes ago, benali said:

Has anyone else on here booked to see Moin in London in a couple of weeks? I've wanted to see them for ages and thought EOTR would be the first time, but bagged some tickets for the early evening gig and am now very excited.

I'd love to be seeing them but sadly can't make it. Their latest album is incredible. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, blurman said:

185 also way better 

BT2ANNC22222-scaled.jpg

Echo and the Bunnymen, Gary Numan, Primal Scream, Public Service Broadcasting have played almost everywhere, every year in the UK. There are some decent bands on that lineup but it is just very safe, very English and unimaginative.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

12 hours ago, benali said:

Has anyone else on here booked to see Moin in London in a couple of weeks? I've wanted to see them for ages and thought EOTR would be the first time, but bagged some tickets for the early evening gig and am now very excited.

Hoping to see them at Rewire if I can manage the inevitable clashes. Excited to hear what they do with the album, I can imagine them stretching and pulling apart those tracks into something completely different.

17 minutes ago, jplewes said:

Deafheaven dates added in the UK & Ireland 19-25 Aug. With some of the stuff on the bill could imagine them fitting, but they're back in the US by 6 Sept and that's a week early, so probably also unlikely? Maybe Green Man..?

Just saw that and was thinking the same. EOTR seems unlikely based on dates, but here's hoping!

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, jplewes said:

Deafheaven dates added in the UK & Ireland 19-25 Aug. With some of the stuff on the bill could imagine them fitting, but they're back in the US by 6 Sept and that's a week early, so probably also unlikely? Maybe Green Man..?

They're chiefly over for ArcTanGent, which usually gets a lot of US acts and then doesn't share them with any other festival, which I've never understood the economics of. Though I see they have Green Man Sunday (and potentially Friday) spare...

• Upvote 1