Vodafone Paredes de Coura 2023

LikeEverythingElse

4 hours ago, Naran Jitu said:

Loving the line up as well. A bit disappointed bc of KGLW absence but cannot ask for everything. 

How many bands are we still missing? I'm guessing one headliner for the 16th and another one for the 17th? I thought Wilco would headline, that Saturday looks awesome already but the other days seem weak to sell day tickets... 

in a instagram post today,  the director said around 10 bands are missing

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Tigane said:

in a instagram post today,  the director said around 10 bands are missing

We have 26. The festival usually has 40 (7 on the first day and 11 on the others). Last year, even the first day (not including the day with only Portuguese acts) had 11 artists. So, I'm expecting 14-18 more. Maybe he made a mistake counting the names left to announce... or we will have a smaller line-up.

• Like 1

This Friday final announcement? 

If the info was correct, there are still 4 bands tba. It's weird as the lineup seems to be lacking at least 2 headliners, but I expect small bands to fill the low half. Hopefully we'll get one more headliner for Thursday. 

Still hoping for KG (yes I know someone had info saying otherwise). 

Just now, Naran Jitu said:

This Friday final announcement? 

If the info was correct, there are still 4 bands tba. It's weird as the lineup seems to be lacking at least 2 headliners, but I expect small bands to fill the low half. Hopefully we'll get one more headliner for Thursday. 

Still hoping for KG (yes I know someone had info saying otherwise). 

Probably more than 4 bands

19 minutes ago, young_contra said:

i was going to post that.   

Strange way to announce names in the festival.   Probably they would announce the names tomorrow and Sic Noticias made that mistake

• 1 month later...
8 hours ago, FestivalJamie said:

Can someone help me with this? How can I get here via public transport from the UK? The tickets for the festival seem quite cheap- is it best to bring a tent etc as luggage on the plane then set up camping or is there another way to go? Tipps would be super appreciated as this is my first time at this festival!

The best way is to take a flight to Porto, then go by bus/car to Paredes de Coura , by the Highway  Porto - Valença , and it is easy to go to Coura.   The best way to spend your time in the festival is in the camping, right next to the festival site.   However if you don't like camping, there are hotels in nearby towns  , however for the full Coura experience,  camping is better option 

• Like 1

On 4/12/2023 at 1:27 PM, FestivalJamie said:

Can someone help me with this? How can I get here via public transport from the UK? The tickets for the festival seem quite cheap- is it best to bring a tent etc as luggage on the plane then set up camping or is there another way to go? Tipps would be super appreciated as this is my first time at this festival!

Never been there but I know some people who did and they all confirmed me that what is written here is the best way to reach the festival: https://www.paredesdecoura.com/en/how-to-arrive/
It's in the North, so, as @Tiganesaid, the best is if you fly to/from Porto or Vigo.
The festival takes place in a wood with a river close to a small village that's very nice during festival days and they all told me camping at this festival is a very nice experience. Bring your own stuff if you can.

Edited by gigi21

• 4 weeks later...

I’m so tempted for this. But there’s so little info on the website and around that I’m so confuse. As a solo-goer, I can’t find the exact busses I need to take to get to the festival. Also there’s the question about camping gear- do I pay to bring it from England or hire something in Portugal? These are things which I find super confusing.

Lorde is going to be absolutely incredible at parades that’s for sure. She will put on a better set here than at any of the bigger festivals!

On 5/20/2023 at 2:03 AM, FestivalJamie said:

I’m so tempted for this. But there’s so little info on the website and around that I’m so confuse. As a solo-goer, I can’t find the exact busses I need to take to get to the festival. Also there’s the question about camping gear- do I pay to bring it from England or hire something in Portugal? These are things which I find super confusing.

Lorde is going to be absolutely incredible at parades that’s for sure. She will put on a better set here than at any of the bigger festivals!

Fly into Porto hand luggage only. Take portable camping things including small sleeping bag and inflatable mat that shrinks down small and get it all in a rucksack.

Take taxi from airport to the Matosinhos Decathlon that is nearby. Ask driver to wait while you quickly buy basic tent (research which one in advance)

Jump back in taxi to Porto town (I think the buses go from Campanha) 

https://rede-expressos.pt/en/timetables

Take pre-booked direct bus to festival. 

Enjoy festival.

Recycle tent. 

Fly home.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, FestivalJamie said:

Does anyone know what time the main stage ends each night? The headliner seems to start at a different time each day... :'D

Yes, at different time every night.

Maybe is easier to read in this Instagram post. The bands won't clash, so the last show on the main stage ends when the next show on the second stage starts.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CvpBPkqIoSc/?igshid=NjIwNzIyMDk2Mg==

Also this clashfinder looks pretty accurate:

https://clashfinder.com/s/paredesdecoura2023/

Edited by gigi21
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, gigi21 said:

Yes, at different time every night.

Maybe is easier to read in this Instagram post. The bands won't clash, so the last show on the main stage ends when the next show on the second stage starts.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CvpBPkqIoSc/?igshid=NjIwNzIyMDk2Mg==

Also this clashfinder looks pretty accurate:

https://clashfinder.com/s/paredesdecoura2023/

Would be strange if Lorde is only having 1 hour as she is main headliner, was assuming she will have 90 minutes like on the other headline shows?

44 minutes ago, FestivalJamie said:

Would be strange if Lorde is only having 1 hour as she is main headliner, was assuming she will have 90 minutes like on the other headline shows?

honestly don't know but I hope so, never been at Coura, let's wait for someone else.

• Thanks 1