Vodafone Paredes de Coura 2023

LikeEverythingElse

Hopefully King Gizz will be back this summer. 

I was really bummed out when they pulled out last year and lost a little bit of hope when they announced a European Tour for early spring but maybe after going to the US (Boston Calling) they come back for a summer leg. 

Idk I really want to see them at Coura. 

1 hour ago, Naran Jitu said:

Hopefully King Gizz will be back this summer.

I think they will. And since they'll be touring America in June, I think they'll come back to Europe in the second half of Summer, so they're very likely for Paredes.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Tigane said:

Unfortunately is like DanielFerreira said.  Sometimes he hints, but other times is just random music, so we never know if it is a hint or not

ok guys, thank you, let's see. Shame are in Spain the week after Paredes, so this time it could be. Who knows

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, young_contra said:

we thinking Wilco and Fever Ray are headliners?... no, right?

Wilco is .    With rumours going on Green Man  Fest forum,   and  with additions in Rock En Seine and All Points East,   Yeah Yeah Yeahs, i think they will be other of the headlienrs.    No idea if it can be headliner in Coura, but if the rumours are true,  Boygenius may go to this festival as well

And with King Gizz announcing on their social media, that they will do EU + UK in August,  and due to their cancellation last year,  they will probably be back here 

Edited by Tigane
  • Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, JCravo said:

I must confess that I'm having some difficulty identifying the headliners for Coura this year. The Walkmen and Wilco I think are safe bets, but I can't easily identify more.

The Walkmen are literally third line on the poster. I'd say Wilco and Fever Ray, others to be announced later

image.png.0247c2cccfa5612c94474fa4a1cc4032.png

On 2/10/2023 at 10:59 AM, Naran Jitu said:

King Gizz are at Pukkelpop on the 20th and at Lowlands either the 18th or 19th.

I guess they will be here either the 16th or the 17th depending on their dutch date. 

Let's cross fingers. 

Had a chance to meet the festival director last weekend in a festival in Guimarães, and asked him about the chance of King Gizz, and the answer i got is that unfortunately they are unavailable to come to Paredes de Coura . Let's hope something change  and they can go

Edited by Tigane
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Tigane said:

From a interview from João Carvalho ( the festival director's).  It is in portuguese, and it literally said, that he tried to join forces with Pukkelpop and Lowlands to bring Yeah Yeah Yeahs to the 3 festivals, but the band is unavailable for any of them.

1 hour ago, Tigane said:

Had a chance to meet the festival director last weekend in a festival in Guimarães, and asked him about the chance of King Gizz, and the answer i got is that unfortunately they are unavailable to come to Paredes de Coura . Let's hope something change  and they can go

Thank you so much for all the infos.
At this point I think that King Gizz will do Pukkelpop, Lowlands and La Route du Rock that weekend and come to Spain-Portugal the week after (already announced for CanelaParty).
YYY probably choose to start touring the week after PdC and already announced a concert at Paradiso Amsterdam instead of Lowlands, so probably they'll do a few festivals and a bunch of dates on their own.

• Like 1