Vodafone Paredes de Coura 2023

LikeEverythingElse

21 hours ago, Daniel Ferreira said:

yeah yeah yeahs were almost closed at Paredes de Coura but they only managed to reach Europe on the 25th of August.

Thanks for the info!  Do you know whether it’s definitely the case that YYYs are not in Europe until 25 August?  Or is just the case that they are or could be in Europe before then but already scheduled shows/festivals at the same time as Paredes/Lowlands/Pukkelpop etc. 

Edited by lessthanwill1

36 minutes ago, lessthanwill1 said:

Thanks for the info!  Do you know whether it’s definitely the case that YYYs are not in Europe until 25 August?  Or is just the case that they are or could be in Europe before then but already scheduled shows/festivals at the same time as Paredes/Lowlands/Pukkelpop etc. 

Festival director said that they only arrive in Europe on the 25th of August, so only from that date onwards will we have their tour

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, lessthanwill1 said:

they announced a very short european tour, including a show at Paradiso Amsterdam that definitely means no Lowlands.

Everything Joao Carvalho said must be true: they planned to start their tour earlier but something happened and they had to reschedule it starting from August 25.

FB_IMG_1677142857277.jpg

11 minutes ago, gigi21 said:

Everything Joao Carvalho said must be true: they planned to start their tour earlier but something happened and they had to reschedule it starting from August 25.

It could be many things, even personal reasons, in 2018 Bjork canceled at Paredes de Coura and Joao came now to say that her justification was that it was problems with the divorce. That's why we never know the reasons why they postpone.

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, gigi21 said:

they announced a very short european tour, including a show at Paradiso Amsterdam that definitely means no Lowlands.

FB_IMG_1677142857277.jpg

Could be booked for Summer Sonic in Japan. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, young_contra said:

how's Lorde a band?

I think that's what the market currently offers.
It's not easy to find bands in Paredes de Coura, since the main festivals are in Belgium and the Netherlands on the same weekend, then the Festival isn't in a big Portuguese city either, as you know.

4 minutes ago, Daniel Ferreira said:

It's not easy to find bands in Paredes de Coura, since the main festivals are in Belgium and the Netherlands on the same weekend, then the Festival isn't in a big Portuguese city either, as you know.

I'm not sure I get what you mean, you said first that you think it is a band and then implied an agreement to the possibility of Lorde

1 hour ago, VCF said:

Don’t really know how it compares to previous editions, but this seems like an incredible line up for this festival?

Not the best alignment in my opinion.
The market for bands available in August is weak in my opinion. Portugal is in a corner of Europe and most bands are on the other side of Europe.

5 hours ago, Daniel Ferreira said:

You didn't get. I said it would be a pop act and you said it would be a band. The name in my head was Lorde. What was the name you were thinking?

6 hours ago, VCF said:

Don’t really know how it compares to previous editions, but this seems like an incredible line up for this festival?

Yes, it is. Paredes de Coura managed to present a nice lineup again. Perhaps a little bit different from other years (more hip-hop / probably the biggest pop act of their history), but still very well curated.

It is not a festival of big headliners, never was (even they have had in the past LCD, Arcade Fire, New Order).

1 hour ago, Daniel Ferreira said:

Pode ser uma imagem de texto que diz "VODAFONE PAREDES ICOURA 16-19 AGOSTO 2023 116 AGOSTO JESSIE VARE DRY CLEANING SQUID. SPECIAL INTEREST JULIE CHINASKEE NUNO LOPES 17 AGOSTO FEVER RAY LOYLE CARNER THE VVALKIVIEN THE BRIAN JONESTOVVINI MASSACRE SUDAN ARCHIVES JOEUNKNON indignu 18 AGOSTO LITTLE SIIIZ. YUNIG LEAN BLACK MIDI DOMi & JD BECK KOKOROKO CALIBRO 35 19 AGOSTO LORDE VVILCO EXPLOSIONS IN THE SKY LEE FIELDS LES SAVY FAV YIN YIN muito mais"

It looks strange to me that they're selling day tickets, all for the same value (65€ including costs), at this moment. The day with Lorde + Wilco + Explosions in the Sky is shaping like maybe the most expensive in the whole festival history, while August 16 looks ways cheaper.

Anyways, as always, lovely lineup for the full festival ticket imho.

Edited by gigi21

Loving the line up as well. A bit disappointed bc of KGLW absence but cannot ask for everything. 

How many bands are we still missing? I'm guessing one headliner for the 16th and another one for the 17th? I thought Wilco would headline, that Saturday looks awesome already but the other days seem weak to sell day tickets...