Accommodation 1st December on Sale

Avalon_Fields

8 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

Absolutely wincing at some of those prices, but when I'm lugging mine and my kids' shit miles across site in the blazing heat I'll wish I paid it...

To be honest the increases seem probably not that far out of inflation over three years ish? 

http://web.archive.org/web/20210813163336/https://glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/information/accommodation/pre-erected-camping/sticklinch/sticklinch-accommodation-options/

1 minute ago, Dave_c said:

2 person scout up from 325 to 400 quid! Jeeez that's a massive hike isn't it, can only assume a chunk of that is from the company that supplies the tents given CV has only gone up by 25 quid.

You can buy your own canvas bell tent, which would comfortably fit two people and their gear, for less than that and last at least a decade if looked after, for less than that.

• Upvote 1

400 for a two berth scout tent is steep but it’s still worth it if you don’t want to lug tents etc across the site. Also having easy access to your car is a big bonus. We’ve got a decision to make. In June we made a provisional booking for a B and B in Glastonbury town for the 2023 festival, 7 nights. there’s a bus service to and from the site, last bus 2am and we no longer do the SE corner!  Bit of a dilemma and will think about the pros and cons before deciding. 

26 minutes ago, Dave_c said:

2 person scout up from 325 to 400 quid! Jeeez that's a massive hike isn't it, can only assume a chunk of that is from the company that supplies the tents given CV has only gone up by 25 quid.

Is this right? If so not as massive on top, given we know the struggles of staff and infrastructure costs everywhere. 

Screenshot_20221125_161334_Chrome.jpg

Gah! Such a steep rise... I could totally understand it with the festival ticket, but £325 to £400 for WV seems a bit much. Considering Tangerine Fields instead but it seems much further away, especially if we're getting dropped off at the coach carpark? 

28 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

You can buy your own canvas bell tent, which would comfortably fit two people and their gear, for less than that and last at least a decade if looked after, for less than that.

You can, but if you're a fat old git like me then the days of carrying a tent and getting a pitch are behind me.  I've got zero need for a tent for any other occasion - I'm not going on camping holidays. 

Plus it's decent value for accommodation for a week long holiday (compared to most other holidays in the UK) , especially with access to the best toilets I've seen there in 37 years and showers too.