Blur

jannybruck

Biggest takeaway from this thread for me is that people still buy Peter Kay tickets!

Re Blur, I was initially excited at the prospect of seeing them but yeah can't justify those prices, especially when Glasto 2009 was likely peak Blur for me. I paid £75 for Pulp, but they are much better (in my opinion) and that's about my limit anyway.

Hopefully there will be warm-up gigs or cheaper tickets nearer the time as people sell them off, but otherwise I'll give it a miss this time.

Any reason they are being discounted for 2023 at Glastonbury? A Pulp and Blur night would be great fun.

Just now, Zoo Music Girl said:

Biggest takeaway from this thread for me is that people still buy Peter Kay tickets!

Yea shocking isn't it, not sure if it's more or less shocking than a bunch of adults actually wanting to have Harry Styles play Glastonbury. Taylor Swift I can accept, but there are limits.

9 hours ago, Hugh Jass II said:

It was the most perfect coming together of crowd and band I have ever been a part of.

It was my second Glasto and still to this day no other set at glasto has beat it for me. Not sure it'll ever be topped to be honest, just an absolutely incredible atmosphere, everyone was there for it not just "watching a headliner"

4 hours ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Re Blur, I was initially excited at the prospect of seeing them but yeah can't justify those prices, especially when Glasto 2009 was likely peak Blur for me. I paid £75 for Pulp, but they are much better (in my opinion) and that's about my limit anyway.

Hopefully there will be warm-up gigs or cheaper tickets nearer the time as people sell them off, but otherwise I'll give it a miss this time.

Any reason they are being discounted for 2023 at Glastonbury? A Pulp and Blur night would be great fun.

Yeah I've paid £55 for Blur but also £2.50. Not a chance I'd go above £70, I'm not that big a fan.

And as you Pulp for me are a better live band certainly. That's a home coming show too.

3 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Yeah I've paid £55 for Blur but also £2.50. Not a chance I'd go above £70, I'm not that big a fan.

And as you Pulp for me are a better live band certainly. That's a home coming show too.

Last time I saw Blur it was for next to nothing for that Hyde Park gig, yeah.

Just now, Suprefan said:

So now everyone nabbed some discounted tickets and is happy? Amazing hoe that work. Way to stick it to the supposed money grabbing band.

Have you banged your head? A few people got some discounted tickets for being emergency services which is great and should be commended but not everyone in this forum is covered in that. 

40 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

So now everyone nabbed some discounted tickets and is happy? Amazing hoe that work. Way to stick it to the supposed money grabbing band.

Please clarify your use of the word "everyone"?

Literally a coupe of posters who deservedly qualify on the grounds they work for the emergency services have got discounted tickets.

You're not even trying anymore.

Edited by Hugh Jass II
  • Upvote 2

53 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

As an NHS member of staff we don't get much in the way of perks....

I'm currently asking our local supermarkets for any donations for staff so that they can have something in the way of a Christmas fuddle, stuff such as biscuits, drinks etc.... Staff used to get a selection box or something similar but we don't receive anything these days. 

3 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

Sold out already? Showing as unavailable across the board on See.

(I already have a ticket but was curious to see how quickly it would sell)

Tried for James tickets this morning.  On sale at 9.30 and See immediately went to unavailable - can't be right can it??.  Bagged a couple for York through ticketmaster but could only get balcony and those sold out in about a minute.  Loads on resale sites though 🤬

Just now, Northtim said:

Tried for James tickets this morning.  On sale at 9.30 and See immediately went to unavailable - can't be right can it??.  Bagged a couple for York through ticketmaster but could only get balcony and those sold out in about a minute.  Loads on resale sites though 🤬

Might be that See only had a small allocation. All the presales and whatnot were via TM.