Other Stage Headliners

airwaves

1 minute ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Is Wizkid significantly bigger than Burna Boy i.e. could he be a sub?

Burna Boy was booked before his album and that was very big, wizkid has flatlined a bit but was the bigger act of the two around this time last year imo

1 minute ago, Matt42 said:

Don’t think Burna has played a stadium here.

Both are doing stadiums in London

Burna Boy's has sold far better atm, maybe sold out?

3 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Plus, we’ve never actually heard a solid piece of info saying the Prodigy are there.

Stop confusing people Matt lol.

We have heard from a person who is 100% not trolling that they spoke to someone in the business (that they believe would know and would not lie to them) that pulp and prodigy are playing and this info was passed onto Efests ages ago

1 minute ago, Florian Saucer Attack said:

I was once like you but they have 5 albums and are playing an English stadium this summer (Spurs I think)

No mean feat, of course. The only argument to it would be that it's a stadium in front of a dedicated fanbase in a city with a higher demographic of people to whom that genre of music is more popular. That said, to counter that, is that any different than Bad Bunny headlining Coachella? I guess I've just argued my own point.

3 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

He's playing the Spurs ground so must be pretty big.

Have to admit it's a bit of a watershed moment for me when an act is playing stadiums and (potentially) taking a major festival slot and I've never heard of them. 

But ONLY Spurs ground, and from what I can see there are still tickets available for all sections, so not a particularly hot seller. 

He may end up being our Other headliner, but given that we’re currently in a pickle with too many options, he easily seems like the odd one out to me. 

1 minute ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

No mean feat, of course. The only argument to it would be that it's a stadium in front of a dedicated fanbase in a city with a higher demographic of people to whom that genre of music is more popular. That said, to counter that, is that any different than Bad Bunny headlining Coachella? I guess I've just argued my own point.

If it does happen it will be a big moment for Aftobeats, it will get some coverage that is obviously lacking as many us had never heard of Wizkid

3 minutes ago, Florian Saucer Attack said:

Stop confusing people Matt lol.

We have heard from a person who is 100% not trolling that they spoke to someone in the business (that they believe would know and would not lie to them) that pulp and prodigy are playing and this info was passed onto Efests ages ago

And that person also said orbital who were ruled out today 

1 minute ago, FloorFiller said:

But ONLY Spurs ground, and from what I can see there are still tickets available for all sections, so not a particularly hot seller. 

He may end up being our Other headliner, but given that we’re currently in a pickle with too many options, he easily seems like the odd one out to me. 

Guess we'll just have to wait and see, the info seems to be pointing that way.

Just now, Florian Saucer Attack said:

If it does happen it will be a big moment for Aftobeats, it will get some coverage that is obviously lacking as many us had never heard of Wizkid

I hadn't heard the name Wizkid before it was raised on here (that's not unusual though, what I don't know could fill a warehouse these days) but if it's popular, and even better, diverse, get it on that stage.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

This being said, good seats are like £130 and they're still going albeit slowly 

Kinda shakes out the same as cheaper tickets at multiple smaller venues, either way certainly big enough for Other head if Meg was

Also, if our Other headliners are Wizkid, Sam, QOTSA then that’s gotta be the first year in… absolutely ages that there’s no electronic Other headliner, which would be even weirder given the guitar heavy Pyramid headliners. I don’t buy it. 

Edit: I’m including PSB as electronic but suppose argument could be made that they’re not…

Edited by FloorFiller

3 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Also, if our Other headliners are Wizkid, Sam, QOTSA then that’s gotta be the first year in… absolutely ages that there’s no electronic Other headliner, which would be even weirder given the guitar heavy Pyramid headliners. I don’t buy it. 

Edit: I’m including PSB as electronic but suppose argument could be made that they’re not…

Is afrobeats not dance music?

Just now, Matt42 said:

Is afrobeats not dance music?

Ehh I suppose, and tbh I’m already backtracking on my last comment cause it seems like they’re trying to make the OS headliners a bit more diverse these days rather than ‘the dance headliner stage’ it became for a while. 

Is there not a chance the Wizkid day is wrong and he’s actually Saturday, and maybe Sam is the odd one out/playing elsewhere on the lineup? Could easily see them third down the Pyramid one day rather than OS headliner. 

4 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Ehh I suppose, and tbh I’m already backtracking on my last comment cause it seems like they’re trying to make the OS headliners a bit more diverse these days rather than ‘the dance headliner stage’ it became for a while. 

Is there not a chance the Wizkid day is wrong and he’s actually Saturday, and maybe Sam is the odd one out/playing elsewhere on the lineup? Could easily see them third down the Pyramid one day rather than OS headliner. 

We've heard wizkid, sam smith and QOTSA are on the other. But if the prodigy is doing a live set and is not on WH's then someone has to be wrong

No doubt their fiercely partisan fans would disagree, but Wizkid and Burna are essentially about the same level, both globally and in the UK. Both are playing London stadiums this summer. Burna subbed Other last year but I’d argue he’s even bigger now and would be in a position to headline. Wizkid headlining would be a relatively bold move from Glasto given his relative lack of name recognition compared to the other acts in the mix, but I think it’s the right level for him. I’ll be looking forward to it depending on clashes.