Other Stage Headliners

airwaves

1 hour ago, Alvoram said:

Nooooooooooooo... I have already decided I'm not bothering with any (mainstream) secret sets this year. They're too much hassle. 😞

Bollocks to it, I'm buying Download tickets, lineup is too good to miss... Don't even need to camp, it's a 15-20 min drive / taxi away. 

BMTH in the JP tent would be fine crowd wise - better than a lot of other recent big secret sets i think

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, CJB said:

Second this- the John peel tent was absolutely PACKED for Jamie T. His crowd was massive 

And it was a fucking awesome set too. Could only have done it with McCartney headlining too otherwise would have been more dangerous than a secret set. Bloke's on another level, perfect Pyramid sub level.

On 11/13/2022 at 1:04 AM, kingbadger said:

And it was a fucking awesome set too. Could only have done it with McCartney headlining too otherwise would have been more dangerous than a secret set. Bloke's on another level, perfect Pyramid sub level.

Was thinking the same thing, he definitely wouldn’t have been able to play JP Tent if he wasn’t on at the same time as Macca. He’s still top of his game even after all this time, would love to see him hopefully make another appearance next year

18 minutes ago, CJB said:

Was thinking the same thing, he definitely wouldn’t have been able to play JP Tent if he wasn’t on at the same time as Macca. He’s still top of his game even after all this time, would love to see him hopefully make another appearance next year

Eh the guy loves the place, could do a secret set but they usually precede slots as opposed to being the following year.

On 11/13/2022 at 1:04 AM, kingbadger said:

Having seen him this week, I’d feel it a very lacklustre Other Headliner decision. By no means a bad artist, but just not that size anymore. Off the back of an academy tour, as well. 

17 minutes ago, scatteredscreens said:

👀 Is this something you've heard? I'm a big fan and haven't heard anything outside of the hint they gave on the Weird Goodbyes announcement email

They said in an interview this spring past that they were working on a record.

On Jamie T if I recall in 2015 he was on late afternoon on the Other and had a whopper crowd. I’d really love if that JP was a prelude to something this year given his album came out post Glasto (I think) last year. He’s cracker.

17 minutes ago, chemica said:

Having seen him this week, I’d feel it a very lacklustre Other Headliner decision. By no means a bad artist, but just not that size anymore. Off the back of an academy tour, as well. 

I mentioned him as a Pyramid sub, purely cos he's got a boatload of bangers that'd go down a stormer with any crowd. It's the hardest spot to nail at a festival and whilst he'd be a small sub, he's got the tunes and live performance to entertain a crowd waiting for the headliner.

5 minutes ago, CiaranMc said:

On Jamie T if I recall in 2015 he was on late afternoon on the Other and had a whopper crowd. I’d really love if that JP was a prelude to something this year given his album came out post Glasto (I think) last year. He’s cracker.

Subbed Other, was a storming set and huge crowd despite being up against Weller on the Pyramid. Him and Chems as a 1-2 was a perfect way to end my first Glastonbury.

Won't be there this year though, not an announced set anyway. He's on record with his love of the festival so could easily see him doing a Paolo Nutini super secret set somewhere. 

9 hours ago, kingbadger said:

Subbed Other, was a storming set and huge crowd despite being up against Weller on the Pyramid. Him and Chems as a 1-2 was a perfect way to end my first Glastonbury.

Won't be there this year though, not an announced set anyway. He's on record with his love of the festival so could easily see him doing a Paolo Nutini super secret set somewhere. 

Yeah this was amazing.

That set properly got me into him.

6 minutes ago, Jose Pose said:

JP tent being packed isn’t much of a guide to anything, it’s much smaller than the other stage. Imagine how packed it would’ve been with any of this years Other Headliners in there?

Still holds a good 10k at least. It was only safe because of the huge crossover between Jamie T and Paul McCartney. I'd hazard a guess Jamie T maybe had the biggest crowd of anyone playing opposite Macca, given how many the old bloke pulled to the Pyramid. 

If Jamie T headlined Other when Foals did against Billie, he'd have pulled a very respectable crowd, if not quite as massive as Foals. 

3 minutes ago, kingbadger said:

Still holds a good 10k at least. It was only safe because of the huge crossover between Jamie T and Paul McCartney. I'd hazard a guess Jamie T maybe had the biggest crowd of anyone playing opposite Macca, given how many the old bloke pulled to the Pyramid. 

If Jamie T headlined Other when Foals did against Billie, he'd have pulled a very respectable crowd, if not quite as massive as Foals. 

Other Stage holds at least 40k though, probably more now.

8 minutes ago, Jose Pose said:

Other Stage holds at least 40k though, probably more now.

Yes, and like I say, Jamie T would have been more than a suitable headliner for it if playing opposite anyone than McCartney. The fact he rammed the JPT full whilst every other stage was quiet, despite having huge crossover in fans, speaks volumes. 

If you'd have put Jamie T as headliner on Other on either of the other nights where he's not a singer/songwriter playing opposite a bloody Beatle, he'd have pulled a good Other headline sized crowd. 

Sunday 2015 Jamie T into Chems was a great end to that fest.  I was seriously broken but still managed to get up and dance to both (a bit).

My two penneth on Other headliners next year are that Lizzo and QOTSA will be in the mix, plus a dance/electronic act.  I know the Prodigy seem favourite but I wasn't feeling that.  Then the "only outdoor headline show" post came out.  Realise this can interpreted different ways, but if you were rumoured for G, but knew you weren't playing isn't that exactly the sort of thing you'd put out?

Chems could easily come back.  I know it was only 2 fests back, but it's still a 4 year gap.  Pendulum might not be big enough, but they'd fucking smash the shit out of it TBF.