Resale Club 2023

Jack.194

It might affect the chances of those who are persistent, but it should affect those who are organised.

This should only mean the who process moves quicker - so if you are properly orginaised with multiple sessions then it should just mean the same number of spaces open up faster?

Obviously a faster sale does mean fewer opportunities to get in the door, though....

1 minute ago, Cleoclaptrap said:

I think there's going to be a big pot of return tickets this year and they don't want the payment shambles of the main sale again. If its a success they'll roll it out to main sale 2024.

I would imagine they've thought about influencers too.

I think the first part of that is true - potentially a fair number of resale tickets around (many more than the "extremely limited" that they are admitting to), so a potential issue if they don't change something on the payment front.

Would be a backward step if this is introduced for the main sale.  Can see plenty of ways for people to pay others to try on their behalf.  If I'm willing to pay £500 for a ticket, why not just offer £150 as a "success fee" to anybody who manages to get through on my reg?  Not hard to see a whole economy springing up around this.  Which would be a massive own goal - just as the rest of the live music industry has FINALLY worked out how to price discriminate and keep all the revenue in the system, would be amazing if Glasto manage to introduce a way to do this, but with all of the "premium" going to third parties!

I can only echo the sentiments that being in a larger group or having followers help you and then claim a reward are two unfair advantages now.

Hopefully if someone has 10k followers and offers a fan-meet or equivalent, it will only bugger up their chances when their reg. no. gets used too many times at the same time and gets blocked or something like that.

43 minutes ago, goonerben said:

We know 3x Pyramid headliners, 2x Other headliners, 3x West Holts headliners, 2x Woodsies headliners, 2-3x Pyramid subs, and 1x Other sub.  So at the top end of the bill at least, we know most of the people playing - there are very few slots free for big acts to magically appear.  

I know there is a lot more beyond the big names - but among the big names, there is a lot of "meh".

I know a lot of people who would take EJ and GnR over Macca and Kendrick. Or Lana over Meghan thee Stallion. Or Hot Chip over Primal Scream. 

It's all subjective innit.

1 hour ago, aj6658 said:

Ancedotally but feel like that this year would have tons more than norm just because everyone I know is a bit meh with the line up. Last year I had zero drop outs in a group of 30 people I knew going, this year its 7 in a group of 20 

Hopefully that's the case. Yes loads of my group think the lineup is disappointing and have decided not to go. Plus they've been previously so know its about more than the Pyramid headliners. 

45 minutes ago, Cleoclaptrap said:

I think there's going to be a big pot of return tickets this year and they don't want the payment shambles of the main sale again. If its a success they'll roll it out to main sale 2024.

I would imagine they've thought about influencers too.

Yea does this change indicate a higher resale volume than usual?

Hello!! Here’s hoping we get lucky in the resale, I’m only after one ticket so I may pop back here and try and get some help from everyone! Everything crossed for this… it’s been too long without one😢 roll on April 23 xxxx 

I actually think one of the main reasons for this change could be to help people out during a cost of living crisis. I bet there's loads of people out there who have the money for their own ticket but don't have the account funds to cover their whole group in one full balance transaction. The payment delay gives people a chance to either pay their own or transfer funds for a group payment.

It's going to be soooo interesting!!! Eeek can't wait!! Good luck everyone!!

Edited by Bike_Like_A_Mum
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, stuie said:

There's no public information on it.  I was put up for it in 2022 and the email explicitly says not to post any details of the offer on social media and only whitelisted registrations will work on the booking page. 

Two of my friends who work for FMS have just been asked if they wish to nominate anyone to be able to buy a full priced ticket as a guest. 

Makes sense - i’d never heard of it referred to as a friends and family scheme before but there must be lots of people out there who do some kind of work or support work on or off site that wouldnt qualify to get in free but would make sense to offer them a way in by paying. I think this will mean no more “secret sales”

Im not worried about social following etc concerns. Would you be arsed to try & buy an influencers glasto ticket for them? No! You’d be either a) trying too hard to get your own and your mates tickets or b) not trying for glasto tickets at all cos its 9am on sunday morning and you’d rather be in bed and you dont care about glastonbury.

If it affects anything, it will be very minor at best.

As for anyone in the music industry (or thats actually famous) i expect they have a way in by buying tickets or working it or of course playing it. 

Edited by Memory Man

1 hour ago, goonerben said:

Also risks being massively unfair - what stops people with a decent following, offering a finders' fee to anybody who canut a booking through on their reg?  So we are effectively now into auctioning tickets, with none of the "premium" going to Glastonbury or the charity partners.  If you have a following and can offer a finders' fee, welcome to the party!  

I agree....there are flaws in this respect.

We've not had it confirmed yet whether the lead booker will need to pay for the whole group, or whether individuals in the group will pay separately.  If the latter (which seems likely as it follows how the main sale works...) then what you suggest is a likely outcome if the new approach is mirrored to main sale - assuming that is that there are no other changes to prevent such.

The other approach is for the main sale to be changed to force lead booker to pay for the deposit and balances....which would help stop some of what your suggesting.....but I can't see that happening.

Fingers crossed they think a bit further about this (and read this thread....) before Oct/Nov and keep things as is.

4 minutes ago, Memory Man said:

Im not worried about social following etc concerns. Would you be arsed to try & buy an influencers glasto ticket for them? No! You’d be either a) trying too hard to get your own and your mates tickets or b) not trying for glasto tickets at all cos its 9am on sunday morning and you’d rather be in bed and you dont care about glastonbury.

And if you offered £50 to anybody in your social following who got lucky on your behalf?    Or £100?   It isn't at all hard to see this happening.

Just now, goonerben said:

And if you offered £50 to anybody in your social following who got lucky on your behalf?    Or £100?   It isn't at all hard to see this happening.

Quite.  It's not about influencers and wannabe celebs...it's about the bloke next door who fancies going and has £100 available to anyone who can bag him a ticket.

Two scenarios:

1. Lead booker has to pay all of the tickets (this is more likely with the main sale, as its just deposits not entire ticket price i.e. a lot) - randomer isn't going to put all that money down for someone on a whim

2. Everyone pays separately - random person who entered someone else's details isn't even going to get any kind of confirmation email are they? Ticket buyer says "Actually Bob got mine not you, no finder's fee for you sorry."

I can't see this being as big an issue as some are making out. Timed out payments is certainly a much larger issue.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Fingerbobs said:

We're going to be the guinea pigs to see if the new non payment method can be utilised for the main sale. I fully expect this to be very quick indeed and plenty resorting to page monitoring in the event of secret sales taking place ater the 24 hour window to pay.

It has already been tested by people who have booked either car parking or a campervan pass for the Accessible area. I didn't hear of any issues with the system. 😃

33 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

2. Everyone pays separately - random person who entered someone else's details isn't even going to get any kind of confirmation email are they? Ticket buyer says "Actually Bob got mine not you, no finder's fee for you sorry."

They might not get an email but they'll certainly get a confirmation screen up as part of the process.  Screenshot that and there's your proof that it was you, not Bob.

Surely some of the reason in paying later is that people won't have to faff around approving credit card payments in an app while up against the clock in getting the sale through. I've got through at least twice in the past and had it fail at the payment stage, this has got to be better?

2 minutes ago, duke88 said:

Surely some of the reason in paying later is that people won't have to faff around approving credit card payments in an app while up against the clock in getting the sale through. I've got through at least twice in the past and had it fail at the payment stage, this has got to be better?

Definitely so....but on the flip side it has potential to penalise the persistent and reward the affluent.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, duke88 said:

Yes that's exactly what it is.

SCA tripped them up big time in the November sales, especially the Main Sale, to the extent that it's thought there was 10 minutes or so where no transactions went through (and loads of people reported getting tickets after the "sold out" messages went up, after failed transactions were released back into the pool).

I think anyone looking for a deeper reason than that probably isn't going to find one.

• Upvote 2