Resale Club 2023

Jack.194

17 minutes ago, Vancouverleeds said:

@J.B. Tried to pm you to be added to the resale WhatsApp but says you’re not accepting any more messages. Can you do me please so I can add my phone number? Cheeeeers 👌🏻 

The resale group is at capacity. It looks like some of the newbies are setting up their own group, further info above

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi everyone, I was lucky enough to get my ticket on Sunday through another random friend's cousin. 😅

It was stressful as ever though!! I've been twice but also missed out soooo many bloody times so I feel for you all. Plus lots of my friends didnt get through. So i'm Looking to join (or) form a genuine buying group not just to help friends in the resales this time but also to share the ticket love for all the future Glastos to come! I know there's a lot of trust involved so I'm playing the long game lol because that takes time. (Talk about hyperfixation mode!)

Me and my friends are super fans of the festival and its history and would love to find a like minded group so please reach out if you have any spaces or if you're up for collaborating 😊😊 Give me the lowdown on how it all works! (Or should I say downlow)

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Hope people had phones on silent 🙂 how’s the organisation for both groups going ? 

2nd sheet is sorting people into groups, liaising with the first to see how it looks. 

I can't see the original spreadsheet from this year, so not quite sure how it was set up but I know they're talking so. Not too worried!

If anyone had time and wanted to turn it into a template removing all the actual data that'd be cool, I think the only bit I don't quite understand is the seeing people who are still active by hovering/tagging. 

8 minutes ago, Leyrulion said:

2nd sheet is sorting people into groups, liaising with the first to see how it looks. 

I can't see the original spreadsheet from this year, so not quite sure how it was set up but I know they're talking so. Not too worried!

If anyone had time and wanted to turn it into a template removing all the actual data that'd be cool, I think the only bit I don't quite understand is the seeing people who are still active by hovering/tagging. 

So once it’s all setup then a separate spreadsheet thread was the way we did it … and all efest members … presuming that there were one in each group get tagged in it …. You can then hover over the post on a laptop mouse  and see when people have been last active on efests … if someone hasn’t been active for a while then they should be asked if they still want to participate . You will get some dropouts between now and the fest if people take up working positions and some may change minds  … those people will then go green and hopefully will remain as helpers for the greater good of the spreadsheet team 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 11/6/2022 at 5:38 PM, mttJ said:

Oh shit, 5 in our group for the resale. Didn't realise that, worrying.

probably got replied to already but worth trying to stick 1 or 2 on the coach and then get the other 3 in general

8 minutes ago, Big durbs said:

this came up on my socials ... it might be of great interest if you got through to the payment window ...

Was unsure whether to share this but here goes,

I was bounced out on ticket sales day after inputting payment details more than once. I resigned myself to the cruel fate of many others but my husband checked with Mastercard and the payment was there but not fulfilled due to an inaccuracy in the way Seetickets requested it. We emailed everyone we could think of, long story short Glastonbury festival requested more detail, we provided a payment ref from our card, they forwarded this to Seetickets and yesterday our tickets were confirmed. I know at least one other person who had their groups tickets confirmed in this way too. So, if any of you were using Mastercard (only they had this issue apparently) check to see if they have a log of the payment request and a reference you can quote. There is hope!

I had this when trying to but so done coach tix, see didn’t send the 3ds to revolut when they asked for payment so they just declined straight away. Luckily they got sorted in main sale, but the payment checks need looking at. 

On 11/7/2022 at 8:10 PM, Sameer said:

Right i'm going ahead with the spreadsheet. If you're wanting to join dm me with your whatsapp and group size and i'll add you to the chat with a spreadsheet. Gonna cap it at 100 (25 groups for now) 

Hi Sameer, 

I have DM'd you and send you my whatsapp and group size, not sure if you have received it.

Many thanks

Katie

On 11/15/2022 at 1:02 PM, Big durbs said:

this came up on my socials ... it might be of great interest if you got through to the payment window ...

Was unsure whether to share this but here goes,

I was bounced out on ticket sales day after inputting payment details more than once. I resigned myself to the cruel fate of many others but my husband checked with Mastercard and the payment was there but not fulfilled due to an inaccuracy in the way Seetickets requested it. We emailed everyone we could think of, long story short Glastonbury festival requested more detail, we provided a payment ref from our card, they forwarded this to Seetickets and yesterday our tickets were confirmed. I know at least one other person who had their groups tickets confirmed in this way too. So, if any of you were using Mastercard (only they had this issue apparently) check to see if they have a log of the payment request and a reference you can quote. There is hope!

I also saw this on socials and chased my bank - I can confirm the above info and my tickets have been sorted today with seetickets (hence why I’m now back on here after many years, being tickletless) after our own payment debacle - get chasing if you think this applies to you too.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Crazyfool01 said:

How’s it all going ? 

Not sure about the second group, but the first one is all set up and active. I’m sure nearer the time we could connect the two and try and increase the number of people trying.

Very much not enjoying this limbo stage now though while waiting to confirm either a volunteering spot or get lucky in the resale! Hoping to get the former boxed off ASAP in the new year so I can forget the resale and free up another space. 

No idea how you guys managed that period between 2019 and this April. Truly doff my (pyramid-shaped) hat to you for staying so positive! 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, mike46 said:

Not sure about the second group, but the first one is all set up and active. I’m sure nearer the time we could connect the two and try and increase the number of people trying.

Very much not enjoying this limbo stage now though while waiting to confirm either a volunteering spot or get lucky in the resale! Hoping to get the former boxed off ASAP in the new year so I can forget the resale and free up another space. 

No idea how you guys managed that period between 2019 and this April. Truly doff my (pyramid-shaped) hat to you for staying so positive! 

It was a challenge that was harder with the moaning from people who had tickets with every announcement but ironically the longer it went on I also managed to feel more hopeful. It helps if some of you are willing to try coach resale as if you can galvanise all your helpers at that stage and get quite a bit of green on the board then it gives you extra helpers for the Sunday. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, mike46 said:

Well you've got as good a chance as anyone else 😊

With the big gap some of us switched off any aspirations for years, but then others pointed out that there were likely to be lots who cancelled due to lifestyle changes - although balanced to a degree by so many of us wanting to get back to the farm. 

As long as, you've got some experience in the group and take it in turns being positive you'll be in with a good shout. 

As you say @gigpusher has plenty of  positivity and great organisational skills too - she could easily herd cats. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, clarkete said:

With the big gap some of us switched off any aspirations for years, but then others pointed out that there were likely to be lots who cancelled due to lifestyle changes - although balanced to a degree by so many of us wanting to get back to the farm. 

As long as, you've got some experience in the group and take it in turns being positive you'll be in with a good shout. 

As you say @gigpusher has plenty of  positivity and great organisational skills too - she could easily herd cats. 

We had a wonderful group full of positive people. Every time I had a moment of despair someone pulled me out of it. In retrospect that one failed ticket day was a real blessing as it connected me with a really wonderful bunch of people. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gigpusher said:

It was a challenge that was harder with the moaning from people who had tickets with every announcement but ironically the longer it went on I also managed to feel more hopeful. It helps if some of you are willing to try coach resale as if you can galvanise all your helpers at that stage and get quite a bit of green on the board then it gives you extra helpers for the Sunday. 

57 minutes ago, clarkete said:

Thanks guys! Good vibes and fingers crossed all round and I'm sure the majority of the club will be at the farm.

While I hate this limbo period, this is the first time I've missed out in almost a decade and I always thought the next time I did it would either be the catalyst to move on to other festivals and focus less on Worthy Farm or it would make me double down and realise just how important that place is to me... and it's definitely the latter! 

1 hour ago, mike46 said:

Thanks guys! Good vibes and fingers crossed all round and I'm sure the majority of the club will be at the farm.

While I hate this limbo period, this is the first time I've missed out in almost a decade and I always thought the next time I did it would either be the catalyst to move on to other festivals and focus less on Worthy Farm or it would make me double down and realise just how important that place is to me... and it's definitely the latter! 

On the first part, as gp says it's worth the coach option for any who can try for that too. Also if any would consider volunteering they can share the knowledge within the group. 

On the second aspect, I struggled with that after 2019 (and any time I've not got one in the October sales) as I've never missed out (since I first went in 1985). I got on with life, pandemic etc and didn't venture much in Efests. When I asked to be added to a group I thought I was far too late to the party, but they're a benevolent bunch of souls and so many of them have massively helped me and each other. 

• Upvote 1