Guns n Roses

Muppetmark

I'm not a follower of GnR (so I can't compare how he sounds to previous shows), and I understand aging is inevitable, but he's vearing in to sounding like Herbert the Pervert at times and the sound guy is having trouble staying on top of things.

I do find it funny that AM get stick for playing stuff from the new album, but people seem quite happy about GnR playing B-sides from the Chinese Democracy era...

1 minute ago, WillyVWade said:

I'm not a follower of GnR (so I can't compare how he sounds to previous shows), and I understand aging is inevitable, but he's vearing in to sounding like Herbert the Pervert at times and the sound guy is having trouble staying on top of things.

I do find it funny that AM get stick for playing stuff from the new album, but people seem quite happy about GnR playing B-sides from the Chinese Democracy era...

GnR belt out their classics, all of them, as you’d expect to hear. Arctics skipping a load and then intentionally playing the rest in a way that makes them unrecognisable to purposefully avoid a sing along is the difference.

1 minute ago, VCK said:

This is good. Axl's voice is a little ropey but otherwise, very very solid indeed.

Not sure what that Velvet Revolver cover was about though, mind. Axl attempting high notes on a song in which Scott Weiland didn't hit any high notes.

Yeah seemed a strange choice to try and hit high notes he couldn’t hit on a song that didn’t require them. I thought they’d started playing Sliver especially because it was an easy one for Axl to nail.

1 minute ago, FloorFiller said:

Only a brief shot of it when they lit it up but doesn’t look like their crowd has depleted much at all and is still right up to the back, which is a surprise, even with them nailing the performance. 

I've just come from Loyle Carner and walked through the middle of the Pyramid with absolutely no issue. Camera must be doing them massive favours. you could play 5 a side in the gaps 

Just now, Riggins said:

I've just come from Loyle Carner and walked through the middle of the Pyramid with absolutely no issue. Camera must be doing them massive favours. you could play 5 a side in the gaps 

Fair enough. Was an incredibly brief glimpse of the crowd being lit up. Not the embarrassing only up to the sound desk type crowd some were predicting, anyway. 

1 hour ago, devli said:

Rina a must watch for early 00s pop/nu metal banger nostalgia fans. Bonkers amount going on on stage for a non headline festival show too.

The nu metal thing with her feels a bit forced. A bit like MGK or Yungblud doing "pop punk".