Headliners 2023

Crazyfool01

4 minutes ago, Neil said:

Don't you have brain enough to say. 

Even if I tried to explain to you it would go over your head, but it’s fine I saw this coming anyway.

It’s a huge shame Neil that you continue to piss on something that used to be great by saying completely careless things.

Message to any efest users here:
If anyone continues to be disappointed by what they read by Neil and would like a much nicer platform to discuss festival news. Feel free to DM me.

Just now, Matt42 said:

Even if I tried to explain to you it would go over your head, but it’s fine I saw this coming anyway.

It’s a huge shame Neil that you continue to piss on something that used to be great by saying completely careless things.

Message to any efest users here:
If anyone continues to be disappointed by what they read by Neil and would like a much nicer platform to discuss festival news. Feel free to DM me.

Yeah I think this might be the last straw for me tbh. Such a shame, used to love this place.

15 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

even if you could explain, but you can't without inventing offence.

30 minutes ago, MEGABOWL said:

But why book Lizzo and ditch AM when you can have AM *and* Lizzo? I’m just repeating myself now but they’ve got to sell tickets in hard Financial Times and have got three stadium acts headlining (almost unheard of), while the rest of what is announced is nearly 50-50. Let’s be realistic. Keep the criticism fair. She isn’t copping out of anything as long as she’s judged on what she actually promised rather than personal arbitrary criteria. Emily isn’t the bad guy here.

If Dua/Swift/Rihanna/Madonna/Pink we’re available then the conversation would be different but they aren’t. I did wonder about Flo but she has headlined more recently than either of the three headliners and isn’t as big a draw. 

I don’t think it is unfair as it was the reason Emily gave for not booking a female headliner this year and she might have a wider point but it doesn’t excuse the booking for this year. I’m not saying Emily is the bad guy here at all.

I get your point about 3 stadium size headliners for this year but in that case they could’ve decided to only have 2 and have a more diverse lineup. Heck Flo is a stadium size act and whilst they headlined only a few years ago it was as a stand in so didn’t have the full build up as a chosen headliner.

Thinking about it a headline trip of Flo - GnR - Elton sounds really good.

1 minute ago, bloodborne said:

Guess Neil trolled so many times he started trolling his own forum. Fair play but can you at least be funny instead of openly bigoted.

and you can at least have brain enough to say what's offended you?

1 minute ago, Matt42 said:

The person who has damaged this website is you. 

You only have yourself to blame.

i won't be beating myself up cos i've offended brain-lite you, i'll be too busy on the beach with my feet up.

Edited by Neil

3 minutes ago, Neil said:

i won't be beating myself up cos i've offended brain-lite you, i'll be too busy on the beach with my feet up.

I do hope you enjoy the beach.

I remember when we met in person you thanked me for my contribution to this place. Guess that was just a throwaway comment or you’ve forgotten the real reason why this place was a success. The people who used it.

Forums are a people driven platform, they don’t turn on the platform for shits and giggles.

Just find it incredible how you can watch so many people walk out the door and feel nothing.

2 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I do hope you enjoy the beach.

I remember when we met in person you thanked me for my contribution to this place. Guess that was just a throwaway comment or you’ve forgotten the real reason why this place was a success. The people who used it.

Forums are a people driven platform, they don’t turn on the platform for shits and giggles.

Just find it incredible how you can watch so many people walk out the door and feel nothing.

its not about you, its not about them, that's been rule number one of these forums since day one, you weren't here to know. The real reason why this place has been a success is the way i've curated it to keep the idiots away, how is gucci moron these days ?

6 minutes ago, Neil said:

its not about you, its not about them, that's been rule number one of these forums since day one, you weren't here to know. The real reason why this place has been a success is the way i've curated it to keep the idiots away, how is gucci moron these days ?

And ironically, the downfall of this place is down to the way you’ve curated it.

Edited by Matt42
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Matt42 said:

And ironically, the downfall of this place is down to the way you’ve curated it.

put that massive sense of self importance away. There is no downfall of this place.

2 minutes ago, Neil said:

please be explicit, what part and how..?

I shouldn't really have to explain but alluding trans people to being rapists is exactly what some abhorrent people in the media are shovelling these days, your post massively fed into that line. Hence it's transphobic as you are viewing trans people as rapists.

• Like 1