Headliners 2023

Crazyfool01

U2 had their go at doing the festival. General feeling was that it wasn't one for the ages (granted it was pissing it down). 

What's the logic that would make the festival book them again (unless they can't get anyone else)? Can't think of any other repeat headliners where it's generally accepted that their first go at headlining was weak. 

5 minutes ago, TGCarr said:

When have I ever said I/Myself want Foo Fighters to healdine??!?!?! I just said I think they will?

This is a headliners conversation right? We're all allowed to have a bit of fun jojning in with our suggestions?

I've made it clear I want EJ/Lizzo & Prodigy to be a headliner in some capacity and they are all I really care about, bar Fed Again.

You're the only indiviual with some chip on your shoulder at this time in the mornig trying your hardest to be negative and rude.

Christ

My apologises, if you just think they’ll headline then you’re definitely not toxic, your just a bit dim.

• Downvote 4

3 minutes ago, theouterlimits said:

U2 had their go at doing the festival. General feeling was that it wasn't one for the ages (granted it was pissing it down). 

What's the logic that would make the festival book them again (unless they can't get anyone else)? Can't think of any other repeat headliners where it's generally accepted that their first go at headlining was weak. 

Arctic Monkeys.

2 minutes ago, theouterlimits said:

They're one of the biggest bands in the world, with huge number of universally known songs.

The festival may not go chasing them in the way they did before, but if the band did want to play and cut their fee for doing so, then of course they'd be booked.

Repeat headliners where the first set wasn't great? It's entirely subjective but I'd say Oasis, Arctics, and The Killers. Others would say The Who - and none of them had conditions quite as bad as that ridiculous rain.

2 hours ago, Neil said:

please take your bullshit elsewhere

Touche! Read your own bullshit below.

2 hours ago, Neil said:

i was never convinced, i didn't put them as a tbc as far as i remember).

You blatantly put TBC the night that article came out now you claim you didn't. You've actually lost the splot.

2 hours ago, leath02 said:

image.png.815365aa6bdf0c14ba132f878110d037.png

????

You can't cover this up. So if this is wrong too then he's two TBC wrong in one year already.

The best bit is that two hours later it's still TBC.

2 hours ago, sisco said:

You didn’t say that either, you stated that your source didn’t clarify and that both Capaldi and Lizzo were on the pyramid the same day as GNR

Yes, from the conversation had, both were thought to be on the Pyramid. Lizzo was put on under Guns and Capaldi as Pyramid in other options.

Edited by thewayiam

This place seems fun today.

Can easily see FF doing next year or a secret set this year tbh, they're one of the safest booking bands going at the moment.

For what it's worth I still don't believe GNR are doing it. 80% denial 20% still not sure what "concrete" info anybody had, feels like the forum just talked itself into it with lots of small unsubstantiated rumours.

I think we can all agree a foo fighters secret set on the park could be dangerous so I propose they invent a new type of set, namely 'a surprise set' and they occur on the other stage or pyramid stage.

Like a secret set they don't say who it is but it affords them the luxury of getting a massive band and it not potentially being dangerous as they are on an adequately big stage.

Maybe this will make it a little less special for those in attendance but it makes it easier to handle the Blur, Foo fighters and U2 crowds they will have this year if they were on the JP/Park 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, FrancisH said:

This place seems fun today.

Can easily see FF doing next year or a secret set this year tbh, they're one of the safest booking bands going at the moment.

For what it's worth I still don't believe GNR are doing it. 80% denial 20% still not sure what "concrete" info anybody had, feels like the forum just talked itself into it with lots of small unsubstantiated rumours.

A couple of posters on here, including the guy who runs the place, have had "concrete" info from sources saying GnR are doing it.

There's also Emily's unprompted bigging up of them and that mysterious spike in betting a while ago, which now pretty obviously looks like someone found out and lumped on.

So yeah, it's more that unsubstantiated rumours.

5 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

A couple of posters on here, including the guy who runs the place, have had "concrete" info from sources saying GnR are doing it.

There's also Emily's unprompted bigging up of them and that mysterious spike in betting a while ago, which now pretty obviously looks like someone found out and lumped on.

Indeed, I think it's what the kids refer to as "copium"

6 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

Like I said, 80% denial, 20% skepticism!  though Neil does seem to be backtracking a little bit in response to other posts...

2 hours ago, TGCarr said:

AM - Fred Again

Foos - Lizzo - Capaldi

Elton - The Prodigy 

GnR legend slot.

after last nights announcements from Foos, it’s how I expect it to go. 

We'll just brush over this ridiculous Fred slot?

1 hour ago, Hugh Jass II said:

Can somebody explain WHY they would book the Foos so soon again?

Can anyone offer a valid reason for bringing them back?

Emily spoke to 2 of neil's mates about GNR and we need a replacement

1 hour ago, Hugh Jass II said:

I still think Reading will get them again before Glastonbury do.

For all of Dave's nice words about GF Reading has always been their spiritual home in this country. Add to that Reading are far less bothered about repeat headliners and have pockets deep enough to make it happen.

Wouldn't be shocked if Melvin is speaking to them right now about 24...

Download has finally started booking not the same 5 acts too with BMTH this year

12 minutes ago, Florian Saucer Attack said:

I think we can all agree a foo fighters secret set on the park could be dangerous so I propose they invent a new type of set, namely 'a surprise set' and they occur on the other stage or pyramid stage.

Like a secret set they don't say who it is but it affords them the luxury of getting a massive band and it not potentially being dangerous as they are on an adequately big stage.

Maybe this will make it a little less special for those in attendance but it makes it easier to handle the Blur, Foo fighters and U2 crowds they will have this year if they were on the JP/Park 

Better than not having them at all is the key thing

Woo, there are a few rude boys on this thread today. Take a bow, those concerned - you da one(s). Feel like I need something to lift me up and get me dancing in the dark. Here's a diamond theory: RiRi backed out of Coachella because they wanted her as an exclusive - their only girl - and she didn't want to betray Emily in June. She was like 'Emily needed me, so I'm going to work with her. You could say I'm headlining but I won't love the way you lie. I'm going towards the (Somerset) sun where nobody will need an umbrella.'

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, kalifire said:

Woo, there are a few rude boys on this thread today. Take a bow, those concerned - you da one(s). Feel like I need something to lift me up and get me dancing in the dark. Here's a diamond theory: RiRi backed out of Coachella because they wanted her as an exclusive - their only girl - and she didn't want to betray Emily in June. She was like 'Emily needed me, so I'm going to work with her. You could say I'm headlining but I won't love the way you lie. I'm going towards the (Somerset) sun where nobody will need an umbrella.'

Take a bow.