The "I'm going to Glastonbury 2023" thread

Supernintendo Chalmers

56 minutes ago, Glasto96 said:

Literally me to all my mates saying we aren’t giving up just yet 😂 Don’t trust the ole “Sold Out” notification. 10:20 we got them!

I do feel like this has been true for a number of years.  that notice comes up and plenty have managed for a bit after.  It seems even more so this year!

Our group of 6 got tickets for the first time since 2017 😃 After a few guys dropping out we have two Glasto virgins and it was one of them that got through, he thought it had failed at payment stage, I asked him to check his mails and he eventually found that beautiful email in his junk folder!

My friend bagged our group tickets yesterday. So pleased to be going back for the first time since 2019. Couldn't make 2020 dates which then eventually became 2022. 

I laughably tried getting tickets from my mobile phone in the middle of Paddington Station yesterday but barely contributed or got close. Thankfully my pal succeeded from the more secure and comfortable venue of his home.

Roll on 2023 and a return to the greatest party on Earth. 

Our group of four had 6 people on devices trying to get them, it was my daughter's boyfriend who doesn't even have a Glasto registration who got through and secured them!! All done by 9.20, was oddly quite unstressful given previous years.

First time we'll have been two years in a row, am beyond excited.

First year I've managed to nab tickets since 2017. Didn't get through until 10:30 after having almost lost all hope! It let me enter my reg details but kept saying no tickets available. Been an off and on lurker of this forum over the years and read a comment to click back rather than refresh, went back and forth between reg page and no tickets page a few times until a payment screen finally appeared.  So chuffed and can't wait to be back! 

there is only 5 in our group this year - with all of us trying we managed to get ours just before 9.30

after last year, i was feeling a little flat about the festival really and was considering if i had a future there...

but the pure joy, relief, excitement, relief, happiness, relief, ecstasy and relief of having bagged tickets shows me how much i still truly love the place and cannot wait to be back.

freaking yeah man! 🙂 

15 hours ago, PassingCloud said:

First time having set up a group and managed 67 tickets out of 85! Very happy, but bittersweet when I think about those people that didn’t get the tickets despite putting in a tremendous effort. 

Good dent in your group that, only 18 more needed between both resales!

2 hours ago, TGCarr said:

All I've done since buying is watching Vlog. If anyoen ahs any good reccomendations to watch send them my way!

The welsh one is hilarious - someone can hopefully find the link

• Like 1

Just checked the stats on our wider group. A brutal return of 44 out of 126. All of them very regular attendees. Unprecedented in recent memory. We've been using the spreadsheet system for about ten years now. The success rate has been dwindling for the past few years but nothing like yesterday. Up until probably around 2016, we'd probably secured around 90% of the tickets in the first sale and managed to sweep up the rest in the resale, then when people realised that being part of a network can improve your chances, loads more large groups started to appear, and along with even more increased demand, it got harder and harder. It is what it is. 

One thing I've noticed, is that this year, loads of regulars weren't successful in the main sale. Although I do believe there'll probably be more tickets available in the resale, demand may be higher because of the number of regular Glasto-goers that missed out. 

I will say, it's lovely to see so many first-timers get a crack at it in 2023.

18 hours ago, Big durbs said:

We got ours at 10:22 , way after sold out notices, we could not just accept defeat until it would not let us proceed/ go back . And thank the Glasto gods it paid off 🙂

Awesome to hear! We were in a v similar position with one of our groups

We managed to snag 6 tickets at 10am. One of the group had gotten through to the payment page but it failed at verification and timed out. I had the registration page that continually spun for me and never got anywhere. My partner managed to get through in the end, and once she got to the payment page, it was smooth sailing. Took about 10 seconds before final confirmation got through and we didn't get too excited until we saw the money had left the account. Two factor authentication adds another stressful step.

First time that I haven't gone mental with planning groups and spending months worrying about how we would get on. All 6 of us had just one device and prayed to the Glasto gods, we were very lucky.

3 hours ago, Keverton said:

Our group of four had 6 people on devices trying to get them, it was my daughter's boyfriend who doesn't even have a Glasto registration who got through and secured them!! All done by 9.20, was oddly quite unstressful given previous years.

First time we'll have been two years in a row, am beyond excited.

I assume you told her to marry him there and then 😉

• Upvote 2

Yes - successful yesterday after working the last two.

Managed to bag tickets at 10:17, after reading on here that the sold out message had been put out.

4 tickets, with two newbies (cousin + wife). - Cousin is over the moon - been trying for years and got nowhere.

Absolutely ecstatic - if it wasn't for the wisdom and knowledge on the great people on here, I probably would have given up after seeing the post, however, there were additional post's with people saying keep going...

Thank you all 💖