2024 Headliners

15 hours ago, PeterShrewsbury said:

Hi everyone. I just noticed this on the 6 music online? Perhaps the poster is coming at that time also.

image.jpeg.59b591409ede765419ee0ebc567af57d.jpeg

Said it would be tomorrow with all female headliners.. surely this has to be the lineup. It’s around the right time.

34 minutes ago, Ncahir94 said:

Said it would be tomorrow with all female headliners.. surely this has to be the lineup. It’s around the right time.

This was a fake. Only thing happening is Emily's talk at Oxford. 

Edited by Kalopsia

Tbf, any wording about exclusivity wouldn’t necessarily stop them. They also play randomly tiny free shows, so I can see them not being fussed by ££££. I’m 100% sure it’s copium, but it’s a nice dream to have. 😂 One of the best live acts I’ve ever seen and they always give 110%. 

5 minutes ago, mouserat said:

Greatest Hits radio were just talking up Stevie Wonder as a possible Glasto headliner, someone better tell them about the Discord

Greatest Hits Radio well known for having their finger on the pulse… 🤦‍♂️

I guess it's not completely impossible that part of the agreement for the pop punk lightweights to get out of their IOW exclusivity deal is playing a less prominent slot where they just do their cover band thing.

But gonna need more folk backing this rumour up.

Just now, CaledonianGonzo said:

I guess it's not completely impossible that part of the agreement for the pop punk lightweights to get out of their IOW exclusivity deal is playing a less prominent slot where they just do their cover band thing.

But gonna need more folk backing this rumour up.

There's always the possibility that IoW never had a contractual exclusive, but made the claim as they "knew" (ie thought) that they had the only festival show. There's certainly precedent for R+L doing that in the past albeit it's a while since they were last caught in the act.

But yeah agree that we shouldn't be convinced on anything yet. Suspect it's still a fluid situation and so rumors can be out of date by the time they reach the public.

Would Greenday accept a non-headline slot? Or are we saying they’re a headliner instead of SZA?

Can’t keep track of all the rumours, but I kind of like things being so up in the air.

• Like 1

FWIW the guy with the Green Day ‘info’ was saying it was Kings of Leon just this Monday gone, and happened to ‘reveal’ Stevie Wonder just after the news had been dropped on the Discord, so I really wouldn’t read in to it any more than to idly speculate for fun as it’s clearly bollocks.

• Upvote 2

Just now, NorthernSoul52 said:

Speculation is all we've got! 

Of course, but just wouldn’t want anybody disappointed when Green Day almost definitely don’t appear on the lineup or at the festival at all. Makes no sense at all that they’d have them subbing SZA. Having flashbacks of the great ‘Radiohead subbing Adele’ debacle of ‘16.