2024 Headliners

2 minutes ago, jackslas said:

Madonna is about to be announced as a headliner at Rock in Rio in September. Does this give any weight to her potentially headlining Glasto? 

That was rumoured a while back and then seemed to fizzle out. Surprised its back on the agenda.

5 minutes ago, jackslas said:

Madonna is about to be announced as a headliner at Rock in Rio in September. Does this give any weight to her potentially headlining Glasto? 

If it turns out to be correct - wouldn't go as far as to say it puts her in the frame. But it certainly makes her much less unlikely.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

That was rumoured a while back and then seemed to fizzle out. Surprised its back on the agenda.

Yeah I thought that but worth mentioning if she’s potentially going out on a festival run? 

Rock in Rio posted saying they have one more headliner to announce and LATAM airlines official account replied and capitalised letters throughout the message spelling MADONNA. 

15 hours ago, Alan_C said:

Why do people get so annoyed about the idea of someone someone they don't approve of headline the Pyramid anyway? There will be something on another stage. 

Because when your non-festival friends say, "Ooh Glastonbury - who's headlining?", it's embarrassing to have to say "Coldplay".

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

Imagine if we have indeed looped fully back around to Dua Lipa, Coldplay and Madonna. The absolute scenes.

In a selfish way, I'd take Kings of Leon on the Sunday with The National there. Makes the choice that much easier.

Also the Stevie chat came up right around the time Emily tried to slam the door on Madonna rumours. Was it all an elaborate ruse between the Glastonbury and BST booking folk to throw people off the Madge scent…?!

1 minute ago, smogo said:

Because when your non-festival friends say, "Ooh Glastonbury - who's headlining?", it's embarrassing to have to say "Coldplay".

Just say "Billy Bragg". Much easier.

2 minutes ago, smogo said:

I don’t know, my non-festival friends aren’t such c**ts that they’d make me feel embarrassed about who’s headlining the festivals I go to

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Drinky said:

I don’t know, my non-festival friends aren’t such c**ts that they’d make me feel embarrassed about who’s headlining the festivals I go to

It makes me embarrassed for the festival.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Drinky said:

Mine are. They take the piss for weeks if they haven’t heard of the official poet in resident. 

4 minutes ago, smogo said:

It makes me embarrassed for the festival.

You’re right there mate, a band who sells out everywhere they play plus donates the money they earn to charity… so so embarrassing 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, fraybentos1 said:

I can’t put figures on it but there’s over 2k people in the discord. In terms of in the know, I know for a fact numerous people who used to give good info on here are now in there. 

You can see with your own eyes that this thread is way quieter than previous years, some years reached over 1000 pages. 

You can also clearly see numerous old posters aren’t here anymore 

I'm an 'old poster' but not been posting much as there is f**k all going on. 

Results from the polls I ran last night.

Percentage of people who would be happy with these acts as headliners:

• Coldplay 49%
  • Dua Lipa 55%
  • Stevie Wonder 66%
  • Stevie Nicks 75%
  • Madonna 52%
  • Olivia Rodrigo 37%
  • Billy Joel 48%
  • The 1975 28%

Stevie Nicks the biggest surprise for me, Madonna also scoring lower than I'd have thought.

Between 1200 and 1500 responded to each one.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

• Coldplay 49%
  • Dua Lipa 55%
  • Stevie Wonder 66%
  • Stevie Nicks 75%
  • Madonna 52%
  • Olivia Rodrigo 37%
  • Billy Joel 48%
  • The 1975 28%

Stevie Nicks the biggest surprise for me, Madonna also scoring lower than I'd have thought.

Stevie Nicks aside its meh all round then.

Stevie doesn't overly surprise me, I know she's separate from Fleetwood Mac but when I saw them at Wembley in '19 she had an extremely diverse crowd. Me and my friends had Dads in front of us, middle aged women to one side and then witchy girls to the other side. She's very well respected and both her's and FM's music is loved till this day.

Has nobody suggested Kylie as a headliner yet? She's had a stormer of a year, she's doing a BST Hyde Park show, and she was supposed to headline the Pyramint several years ago.

3 minutes ago, smogo said:

Has nobody suggested Kylie as a headliner yet? She's had a stormer of a year, she's doing a BST Hyde Park show, and she was supposed to headline the Pyramint several years ago.

1389080591_th(27).jpeg.6b06829113b8caaa3a177346db1f73a1.jpeg

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

• Coldplay 49%
  • Dua Lipa 55%
  • Stevie Wonder 66%
  • Stevie Nicks 75%
  • Madonna 52%
  • Olivia Rodrigo 37%
  • Billy Joel 48%
  • The 1975 28%

Stevie N for the win then!  A surprise to me too TBF.  I'd have expected O-Rod to be higher than that too.

f**k The 1975.