2024 Headliners

48 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Certainly shouldn't be any issue looking at the headliners (and line ups more generally) across the festival landscape to place Glastonbury in context - to help us second guess who we might land up with and to understand how lucky or unlucky we've been.

The offending post which has been deleted. Contained a near certain other stage headliner and a previous Pyramid headliner who's up and active in things fall through. 

Makes no sense.

1 hour ago, august1 said:

The amount of off topic chat across the forum, I'm struggling to see the problem with someone dropping 1 post with another line up.

By the same logic should a thread about your mates band who opened the JP 7 years ago still be in the Glasto forum with random non Glasto related bumps?

It’s not really about staying on topic - that kind of strict forums policing doesn’t go on here.  He posts every US festival line up drop to try to prove a point but fails to quite prove the point. 

4 minutes ago, stuie said:

It’s not really about staying on topic - that kind of strict forums policing doesn’t go on here.  He posts every US festival line up drop to try to prove a point but fails to quite prove the point. 

Getting quite sick of the over exposure of USA festival lineup posters on the 2024 Glastonbury headliner forum.

So for balance here is one from Costa Rica

Envision-Festival-2024-Lineup-Poster.thumb.webp.54aef12e73862e51a755ab7cb6eeeb1d.webp

Edited by JonSnow

That poster was removed @august1 because of several complaints over  quite a long time and the posting of multiple American festivals over last few weeks , I consulted with other moderators before doing so . Unfortunately with moderation you will never please all and we try to do very little . As for the bump of other thread I will use the acts touring thread in future but you might see them more often as they are pretty constant tourers . would be great if you could share the acts that were relevant  on those posters though . Thanks 

Edited by Crazyfool01
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

That poster was removed @august1 because of several complaints over  quite a long time and the posting of multiple American festivals over last few weeks , I consulted with other moderators before doing so . Unfortunately with moderation you will never please all and we try to do very little . As for the bump of other thread I will use the acts touring thread in future but you might see them more often as they are pretty constant tourers . would be great if you could share the acts that were relevant  on those posters though . Thanks 

Loads of names on that poster was relevant, if there's a blanket ban on 1 poster doing a certain type of post, sound.

If anyone else had posted it wouldn't have been an issue. I thought it was quite useful. Takes 2 seconds to scroll past if not. Thanks 

53 minutes ago, stuie said:

I think the point is to wind you up, and it works as you respond with a snarky comment every single time he posts

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, august1 said:

Loads of names on that poster was relevant, if there's a blanket ban on 1 poster doing a certain type of post, sound.

If anyone else had posted it wouldn't have been an issue. I thought it was quite useful. Takes 2 seconds to scroll past if not. Thanks 

Nobody else would have posted it in this thread, because it wasn't at all relevant. And it's not unreasonable that when someone is constantly going out of their way to be a d*ck, they get less leeway.

3 minutes ago, mazola said:

I think the point is to wind you up, and it works as you respond with a snarky comment every single time he posts

yes it does.

to be clear, the complaint wasn't from me but it is annoying.

55 minutes ago, mazola said:

The sad thing is, I enjoy his stateside intel and his actual Coachella reviews and photographs are amazing. It's a shame his default setting is stuck on wind-up, becuase he's got a lot more to contribute than that. whatever gets you noticed, I suppose?

Oh, so you think it’s cool to remove me just because I show you the truth huh

have you ever considered the world doesn’t revolve around your backwards little fest on a small little island… Goldenvoice would come in and clear out the mess at GF in a day. Emily should let them. We know what’s up 

Just now, Suprefan2 said:

Oh, so you think it’s cool to remove me just because I show you the truth huh

have you ever considered the world doesn’t revolve around your backwards little fest on a small little island… Goldenvoice would come in and clear out the mess at GF in a day. Emily should let them. We know what’s up 

Genuinely can’t tell if this is a troll or not. A+ Supre impression if it is - got the ever antagonistic tone down to a t. 

• Upvote 1