2024 Headliners

21 minutes ago, neil93 said:

No smoke without fire etc

There is though. These stories are published by one rag and picked up but others as "news". It was the same when the Mail "confirmed" all 3 headliners, the others went with it and just put an "according to The Mail" line in their pieces.

1 minute ago, Gnomicide said:

There is though. These stories are published by one rag and picked up but others as "news". It was the same when the Mail "confirmed" all 3 headliners, the others went with it and just put an "according to The Mail" line in their pieces.

Or when the Mail exclusively said Girls Aloud were playing the Legend Slot.

1 hour ago, charlierc said:

Hot Fuss in full as an opener - say, Other or even El Pointo - could be pretty cool, then as the album is 46 mins long, and adding a few mins for guitar changes and crowd banter, gives time for 3 other classics to wrap up (maybe Human, WYWY and one other)

Yeah, I think if they were to do it, they'd definitely have to mix the setlist up a little so they don't just play the album cover to cover. It would absolutely kill the crowd after 5 songs. I think they should also throw in a few other tracks and get maybe 75 minutes. I'd go with;

Somebody Told Me
Jenny Was a Friend of Mine
On Top
Human
Andy, You're A Star
Everything Will Be Alright
Smile Like You Mean It
Glamourous Indie Rock 'n' Roll
Midnight Show
Change Your Mind*
Read My Mind
All These Things That I've Done
When You Were Young
Mr Brightside

*Maybe - it is on the US version of the album

15 hours ago, TiZuff said:

if you thought her performance was average no matter how many fantastic albums she puts out you wont want her headlining. 

thought she was excellent on the other stage and 2 top tier albums are good enough to headline. billie did, o rod can do it.

also she gets glastonbury. check her vogue interview i think it was, she loved it and clearly has a soft spot for the festival.

I don't think her second album was fantastic. Her first was excellent and her 2nd was good. I have no doubt she'll headline because she's building a big fanbase, I just think it would a weak and underwhelming headline performance at this stage of her career. What difference to her performance does it make that she 'gets' Glastonbury?

2 minutes ago, Justcalledtosay said:

Didn't she actually adapt the pyramid stage especially for the occasion?

I wasn't there, but the impression I got from those that went was that it was a by the numbers a run through of the same show she played every night.

4 hours ago, On The Blend said:

Maybe bands should only play an album in full if the album is good all the way through.

Hot Fuss is a cover to cover great album, but it just would not hold the attention of a festival audience after the 5th song because those fist 5 songs are so f**king good.

It's possibly the strongest opening half of a debut album ever - Jenny Was a Friend of Mine, Mr Brightside, Smile Like You Mean It, Somebody Told Me, All These Things That I've Done.

You just can't follow that.

15 minutes ago, K2SO said:

It's possibly the strongest opening half of a debut album ever

Post edited as I didn't read the debut bit, but there's still no way it's the strongest opening half of a debut album ever

Here's just one example, The Velvet Underground & Nico

Edited by Skip997

32 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

Post edited as I didn't read the debut bit, but there's still no way it's the strongest opening half of a debut album ever

Here's just one example, The Velvet Underground & Nico

It's subjective. 

But I agree with @K2SO

22 minutes ago, aj6658 said:

I think the idea of a Hot fuss anniversary gig at Glastonbury is 100% not happening. Secret gig - maybe, Headliner - highly unlikely 

If they (The Killers) want to do it, under a pseudonym, for cheap or free, then the festival wouldn't even think twice about giving them the nod.