2024 Headliners

5 hours ago, Suprefan said:

Agents can up the cost based on potential. You dont think Doja Cat didnt up her price for example after being small time pre covid and then exploding during the pandemic and all that? Plenty of lower billed artists at festivals from 2020 raised their rates cause they got popular during lockdown. But since it's Glasto, isnt she supposed to do the fest a favor and play for a pint and some extra hospitality passes?

Why you so bitter though? 

1 hour ago, maelzoid said:

JFC! Britney 'Marcel Marceau' Spears is not headlining Glastonbury.

😁

I know we all have different tastes, I appreciate there are many acts I don't like who will have high billing at festivals and draw massive crowds. And that's great, life would be boring if we all liked the same things, but I find it incomprehensible that anyone would think Britney miming her way through a Glastonbury headline set is a good idea.

Just now, Gnomicide said:

😁

I know we all have different tastes, I appreciate there are many acts I don't like who will have high billing at festivals and draw massive crowds. And that's great, life would be boring if we all liked the same things, but I find it incomprehensible that anyone would think Britney miming her way through a Glastonbury headline set is a good idea.

Madge will mime her way through most of her gig.

9 hours ago, Suprefan said:

Agents can up the cost based on potential. You dont think Doja Cat didnt up her price for example after being small time pre covid and then exploding during the pandemic and all that? Plenty of lower billed artists at festivals from 2020 raised their rates cause they got popular during lockdown. But since it's Glasto, isnt she supposed to do the fest a favor and play for a pint and some extra hospitality passes?

She'll get some cheese as well.

22 hours ago, Pr0paneNightm4re said:

Speculation but I’d guess P!nk’s demographic are the type to purchase music rather than stream 

Oh, I concur. Probably more buys than streams - but at the same time, she's got cross-generational appeal too. I'd argue you don't shift stadium tours like she has without some of that.

22 hours ago, incident said:

Yep. 2 songs in the top ten, and 3 more in the top twenty across the last 5 years. So the "no hits in 10 years" claim is just weird.

In all fairness, the Rag'n'Bone Man duet was... yeah.

6 hours ago, Memory Man said:

She will cut them a very good deal. Friend of the festival, therefore gets it and the charity aspect, first time headlining. 

The shows elsewhere are for the money. This will be for the love & the coverage of which you can’t buy.

Absolutely spot on. First-time British headliners have nearly always been raised on the modern era of Glastonbury. They'll all remember when they first played or attended, they'll all have a favourite Pyramid headline set to recall. No empirical evidence for this, but I'd argue that for any British artist to emerge in the past fifteen years, headlining Glastonbury is close to the peak of a live career, no matter how many stadiums you might go on to sell.

22 hours ago, incident said:

Yep. 2 songs in the top ten, and 3 more in the top twenty across the last 5 years. So the "no hits in 10 years" claim is just weird.

I was out of the UK for the whole of 2020-2021 pretty much but Cover Me in Sunshine was unescapable in Europe, blanket rotation in shops and on radio - did it really not make a dent in the UK?

34 minutes ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

Oh, I concur. Probably more buys than streams - but at the same time, she's got cross-generational appeal too. I'd argue you don't shift stadium tours like she has without some of that.

Fair enough. Maybe anecdotal but I’m in my twenties I’ve never met a single person arsed for P!nk or seeing them live apart from just to talk about the stage bungee gimmick

10 minutes ago, Pr0paneNightm4re said:

Fair enough. Maybe anecdotal but I’m in my twenties I’ve never met a single person arsed for P!nk or seeing them live apart from just to talk about the stage bungee gimmick

You haven't met me then, though granted, I have the tastes of a middle-aged, middle-class twit.

43 minutes ago, Pr0paneNightm4re said:

yeah, to be fair a trapeze type stage set-up is mildly diverting, perhaps enough to ignore the slightly uninteresting music - but if you really want to see trapezes and bungee dancers, there is a whole actual circus set-up just a couple of fields away from the pyramid field 😆 and its lovely and quiet during headliner time!

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Some Norwegian Cheese Board official angling for some free tickets imho.

It must be... the cheese isn't anything special I'm afraid.

I was really excited about Glasto cheddar too. 

8 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Some Norwegian Cheese Board official angling for some free tickets imho.

The Wyke Farm crowd do some great cheese tbf.

Picked up some Cheddar in Cheddar recently. Different gravy. Really strong. Nutty etc. Great part of the world for cheese.

They only won a bronze anyway....

glengarry-glen-ross-alec-baldwin.gif

Edited by The Nal