2024 Headliners

P!nk would be a perfect headliner and would steal the show if she did perform. She is still selling out stadiums all over the world and making good music. She had 2 x nights at Anfield on the Mon & Tue of Glastombury week go up on Ticketmaster a few weeks ago which was quickly taken down. I think these will go back up when the announcement is made. 

1 minute ago, sw25 said:

P!nk would be a perfect headliner and would steal the show if she did perform. She is still selling out stadiums all over the world and making good music. She had 2 x nights at Anfield on the Mon & Tue of Glastombury week go up on Ticketmaster a few weeks ago which was quickly taken down. I think these will go back up when the announcement is made. 

It doesn't usually work like that tbh, she'd be selling those dates now, before an announcement was made about Glasto. 

I don't think she would. the only reason I can see her playing those Anfield dates would be as a warm up to the Glastombury show and perhaps before she played a few other festivals in Europe.

They will sell out the moment they go on sale so I think she will be waiting for an announcement before putting them on sale.

3 minutes ago, sw25 said:

I don't think she would. the only reason I can see her playing those Anfield dates would be as a warm up to the Glastombury show and perhaps before she played a few other festivals in Europe.

They will sell out the moment they go on sale so I think she will be waiting for an announcement before putting them on sale.

To be honest, given that it's been a few weeks now with no other rumoured dates elsewhere popping up - it's entirely likely that those Anfield dates were just a good old fashioned f**k-up and she's not playing anywhere this summer.

True, but also most European Festivals are only just starting to announce dates and if she was to announce Anfield on those dates before any Glasto announcement its as good as a self confirm.

It probably is a mistake and a non starter but Anfield is also pretty close to where she rehearses when in Europe. it would all make a lot of sense if she was to play Glasto.

5 minutes ago, sw25 said:

True, but also most European Festivals are only just starting to announce dates and if she was to announce Anfield on those dates before any Glasto announcement its as good as a self confirm.

I dunno mate, that's a bit of a stretch. 

21 minutes ago, incident said:

To be honest, given that it's been a few weeks now with no other rumoured dates elsewhere popping up - it's entirely likely that those Anfield dates were just a good old fashioned f**k-up and she's not playing anywhere this summer.

I've heard otherwise through my friend that works in ticketing. Some shows were supposed to go on sale on the week that listing appeared, but it seems to have disappeared for now.

2 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

Unless there is a leak/self confirm, I think we'll get nothing until the first poster.

This would be unprecedented, especially with other fests announcing earlier than ever.

would be awesome for the carnage on here if we didn't know at least 2, if not all 3 headliners already

2 hours ago, sw25 said:

i think its P!nk - Coldplay - Madonna. Dua Lipa will play TRNSMT instead.

I don't think TRNSMT would pay for Dua Lipa. They have been going cheap with headliners recently

1 hour ago, Stokesy10 said:

I'm actually that pumped for this now that I'll be disappointed if they aren't announced. Not seen them since their headline set in 2011 which was monumental. Well up for them headlining again and the atmosphere that will create.

I've never seen them so will probably see them - still stale though

40 minutes ago, K2SO said:

I've heard otherwise through my friend that works in ticketing. Some shows were supposed to go on sale on the week that listing appeared, but it seems to have disappeared for now.

Fair enough, so potentially more of a possible change of plans than an actual f**k up?

9 hours ago, SilverLining said:

No way to keep track of the full thred but has anyone floated Britney as a 'massive female headliner thats recently became available'?

she's quit the music biz (so she's said, i don't really expect that to hold).

5 hours ago, incident said:

Fair enough, so potentially more of a possible change of plans than an actual f**k up?

I was wondering if it was a site dev test that accidentally went live. Like if someone in Ticketmaster was training a new member of staff to use the website builder for creating links to shows but accidentally put such a play-test up.

Saying that her tour is continuing into 2024, so not unreasonable if the demand is there that there might be an encore in the UK.

23 minutes ago, charlierc said:

I was wondering if it was a site dev test that accidentally went live. Like if someone in Ticketmaster was training a new member of staff to use the website builder for creating links to shows but accidentally put such a play-test up.

Saying that her tour is continuing into 2024, so not unreasonable if the demand is there that there might be an encore in the UK.

Didn’t she play those exact dates at Anfield in 2019 too?

11 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Can't imagine Dua Lipa is super pricey - she's only just got to this level.

Agents can up the cost based on potential. You dont think Doja Cat didnt up her price for example after being small time pre covid and then exploding during the pandemic and all that? Plenty of lower billed artists at festivals from 2020 raised their rates cause they got popular during lockdown. But since it's Glasto, isnt she supposed to do the fest a favor and play for a pint and some extra hospitality passes?

Edited by Suprefan
  • Upvote 1

14 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Can't imagine Dua Lipa is super pricey - she's only just got to this level.

She will cut them a very good deal. Friend of the festival, therefore gets it and the charity aspect, first time headlining. 

The shows elsewhere are for the money. This will be for the love & the coverage of which you can’t buy.

extensive arena dates in the winter off the back of it i reckon (as i don’t see her as a stadium act)

Coldplay will also do it for expenses i reckon so probably frees then up for several briefcases of cash to chase madonna as a “now or never”

others years you may not get acts like dua and coldplay that will take a hit on the fee so much. The third headliner does need to be really strong in such a scenario though.

Edited by Memory Man

1 hour ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Yeah I bet they're still both cheaper than the likes of Fleetwood Mac, AC/DC or the Stones.

Your continued fury at Glastonbury paying under the market rate for acts is reliably amusing / baffling. Are you Sharon Osbourne and it affects your cut?

I just assumed he's doing a bit but really going for it, like The Nal with the weather. Or The Nal with the legend slot.