2024 Headliners

46 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

Not very often though, most are very predictable "safe" bookings*.

*West Holts and The Park excepted

Yeah the majority of them are safe, but over the years I'd say there have been a few - Prodigy, Chemical Brothers, Moby, Kylie (before she pulled out), Jay-Z, Beyonce, Metallica, Kanye, Adele, Stormzy. In hindsight all seem pretty reasonable, but upon announcing them were all met with varying levels of skepticism and mostly turned out to be great moves.    

13 hours ago, Suprefan said:

Tyler has his own little festival that sells out with no lineup announced in prior to ticket sales and Dave could never muster such a thing.  You can watch it this weekend if you want and see how he can pull all of it together cause of who he is friends with. Dave would be at the bottom of the schedule is he played.

the reason your mum doesnt knoe a certain artist is cause you lot wanna keep new and interesting artists off the big stages and just put the boring safe ones up there.

That’s not the UK

3 hours ago, Skip997 said:

Not very often though, most are very predictable "safe" bookings*.

*West Holts and The Park excepted

Doesn’t tally with the amount of grief they get for a lot, well let’s face it, most of them. Kanye, Stormzy, Eilish, GNR etc 

But of course if you’re trying to sell 130k tickets each year of course you want well known acts at the top of the bill. It’s just basic logic.

Edited by MEGABOWL

45 minutes ago, Glastozone said:

Could the big American artist Emily was talking about be Miley Cyrus? She doesn’t have a tour announced but she did release an album this year. 

I’d love this but she played an afternoon Sunday slot in 2019, it doesn’t feel like she’s that much bigger now compared to then? 

9 minutes ago, JGP said:

I’d love this but she played an afternoon Sunday slot in 2019, it doesn’t feel like she’s that much bigger now compared to then? 

I'd argue that she's much bigger now. Flowers has arguably been the biggest song this year.

1 minute ago, Gnomicide said:

She plays about 10 shows a year, tops. And most of them are Christmas or "Private" shows that's she's paid stupid money for. That, and no-one gives a sh*t about Mariah Carey. Though that may be harsh.

Not a fan, I get that.

I am