2024 Headliners

1 hour ago, Suprefan said:

She couldnt do a lot of that show on the pyramid.

and finally somebody made these ads not make it impossible to read this website.

An adapted version though. She’s been recently active and would be a ‘surprise’ as Emily wouldn’t have known she’d still want to be active around the time of the festival? 

It’s a possibility is what I’m saying? 

23 minutes ago, JGP said:

An adapted version though. She’s been recently active and would be a ‘surprise’ as Emily wouldn’t have known she’d still want to be active around the time of the festival? 

It’s a possibility is what I’m saying? 

It’s clearly a possibility, between JZ playing in 08 and her in 2012 there is a connection there.

I don’t think it’s too likely though. Not because of the production, but because they won’t have both Coldplay and Beyoncé headling in the same year again.

21 minutes ago, Mark H said:

It’s clearly a possibility, between JZ playing in 08 and her in 2012 there is a connection there.

I don’t think it’s too likely though. Not because of the production, but because they won’t have both Coldplay and Beyoncé headling in the same year again.

Maybe Coldplay aren’t headlining, they could be a backup or ready for 2025 as people have mentioned recently. Or maybe they would have them both in the same year again. 

Just trying to work out why she hasn’t been mentioned yet when, for example, gaga has been 

10 hours ago, Mark H said:

I don’t know. But next year would be 20 years since their epic first headline performance on the absolution tour and I would be ok if they turned up and recreated that.

Watching that on TV was partly what got me motivated to try to get to Glastonbury again after a 14 year gap. Failed in 2005, but got there in 2007 and not missed one since.

Mrs NS was studying for her Open University degree and I went and got her to come and see this amazing sound and spectacle from this band I had never really heard of. Seen Muse a lot of times since then!! Non Glastonbury highlights being Seaside Rendezvous in Teignmouth, Ashton Gate and Home Park. I love that they do the west country gigs each time, and bring the bonkers stadium shows to the smaller places.

7 hours ago, JGP said:

Could the unexpected American be Beyoncé? She’s just finished her hugely successful renaissance tour and would be absolutely iconic. Hasn’t been at Glastonbury for about a decade.

My dream "unexpected American", followed closely by Gaga and then the one that shall not be mentioned along with his mates.

16 hours ago, rhubarb said:

For my two pence worth i am going to Say Emily will be going back on her promise of 2 female headliners, Madonna just hasn't worked out and the American Superstar she couldn't turn down is Eminem

Friday - Dua Lipa

Saturday - Foo Fighters

Sunday - Eminem

Coldplay to play a 'secret' set and headline 2025 along with Rhianna and Taylor Swift

Pulp, smashing pumpkins, Wet Leg - to be either subs or Other Stage Headliners

Wet Leg aren't subbing / other stage headliners

even with a big glasto push thats completely ridiculous

7 hours ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

Aye, they could definitely double up to forty and cover a lot of bases. Famously one of the handful of fans who thinks Battle Born has some very robust material. You go back and look at the title track as a show closer in live footage, and you can only assume - as Flowers has mentioned before - that much of the material there falls into the category he is embarrassed about. (Think he's on record stating he doesn't like Here With Me and a few others from that era, so I imagine the title track is one too, given its grandiosity.)

I dug a lot of the lesser-spotted Imploding the Mirage material. My God, with Weyes Blood, absolutely blows Dying Breed out of the water.

Oh, really? Interesting. They've done album celebrations before, but given his comments about being more in touch with his Pressure Machine self than the work of old, I'm a little surprised. Then again, money talks.

Jenny Was a Friend of Mine
Mr. Brightside
Smile Like You Mean It
Somebody Told Me
All These Things That I've Done
Andy, You're A Star
On Top
Change Your Mind
Believe Me Natalie
10 Midnight Show
11 Everything Will Be Alright

12 Human
13 Spaceman
14 Shot at the Night
15 Glamorous Indie Rock & Roll
16 Runaways
17 Read My Mind
18 Caution
19 The Man
20 When You Were Young

imagine how many people would leave between song 5 and song 12

8 hours ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

Aye, they could definitely double up to forty and cover a lot of bases. Famously one of the handful of fans who thinks Battle Born has some very robust material. You go back and look at the title track as a show closer in live footage, and you can only assume - as Flowers has mentioned before - that much of the material there falls into the category he is embarrassed about. (Think he's on record stating he doesn't like Here With Me and a few others from that era, so I imagine the title track is one too, given its grandiosity.)

I dug a lot of the lesser-spotted Imploding the Mirage material. My God, with Weyes Blood, absolutely blows Dying Breed out of the water.

Oh, really? Interesting. They've done album celebrations before, but given his comments about being more in touch with his Pressure Machine self than the work of old, I'm a little surprised. Then again, money talks.

Jenny Was a Friend of Mine
Mr. Brightside
Smile Like You Mean It
Somebody Told Me
All These Things That I've Done
Andy, You're A Star
On Top
Change Your Mind
Believe Me Natalie
10 Midnight Show
11 Everything Will Be Alright

12 Human
13 Spaceman
14 Shot at the Night
15 Glamorous Indie Rock & Roll
16 Runaways
17 Read My Mind
18 Caution
19 The Man
20 When You Were Young

I'm a massive fan of Battle Born. Massive songs on that album. It totally baffles me why he doesn't like it. 

Flesh and Bone, Runaways, The Way it Was, Here With Me, Miss Atomic Bomb, Be Still. 

I don't get why these songs are any worse/ different than other Killers songs. I'd say it's comfortably their third best album after the first 2.

Edited by danbailey80

20 minutes ago, Drinky said:

Midnight Show is the best song on Hot Fuss though

^^ OR Glamourous Indie Rock and Roll OR Andy, You're A Star. 

What an album though!  
I've just decided it's going to soundtrack my 'WFH' this morning 🙂 

1 hour ago, gfa said:

imagine how many people would leave between song 5 and song 12

A ready-made bar-and-bathroom break for the ages. I think less might go than we think would, though.

58 minutes ago, FloopFiller said:

Gotta be one of the most insanely front loaded ‘classic’ albums ever. The five huge hit singles that everybody knows… and then apparently there are some more songs that follow. 

It absolutely is, and even as that well-documented fan... it wouldn't even be in the top three records I'd want them to play in full. (Glamorous Indie Rock & Roll and Midnight Show are very popular fan faves, though.)

54 minutes ago, danbailey80 said:

I'm a massive fan of Battle Born. Massive songs on that album. It totally baffles me why he doesn't like it. 

Flesh and Bone, Runaways, The Way it Was, Here With Me, Miss Atomic Bomb, Be Still. 

I don't get why these songs are any worse/ different than other Killers songs. I'd say it's comfortably their third best album after the first 2.

I think there was something of a backlash to Battle Born within the band - after all, it is the last record the four of them recorded and toured behind together as a full contingent. Flowers has certainly professed problems with several of its songs.

But he's also made note that it has several fans too - including Bruce Springsteen, who has implored him to play more stuff from it. I'd love to see them roll a few more into rotation outside of Runaways and The Way It Was. (Be Still gets intermittent run-outs, and Miss Atomic Bomb and Here With Me once in a blue moon. But I'd love for Battle Born and The Rising Tide to enter regular circulation again.)

As much as I love The Killers... I'd be disappointed if the festival booked them again in the next decade, let alone next year.

Very much in the Coldplay bracket; they might not be the most gifted technical performers in voice or instrumentation, but they've got heart-on-sleeve emotive anthemics down to a tee, and when it comes to the Pyramid Stage at least, know how to craft one of those fabled Glastonbury Moments.

But aye. Their festival setlist isn't ever really going to change too much again. Your big ones from Hot FussSam's Town and Day & Age, plus a few scattered singles and whatever new lead track they're plugging.

I'd taken Brandon Flowers on a solo run in 2025, mind you.

5 minutes ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

I'd have assumed he'd be at BST Hyde Park if anywhere because of his fee.

I wouldn't have thought him big enough over here, but I fear I may be opening up a Bad Bunny-esque debate with those words.

I don't want to go all bad bunny lol,  I think he does hit a sweet spot of being critically acclaimed but with a cross over appeal. Probably similar to kendrick. 

1 minute ago, glimmers_of_hope said:

I don't want to go all bad bunny lol, 

Pray we do not!

2 minutes ago, glimmers_of_hope said:

I think he does hit a sweet spot of being critically acclaimed but with a cross over appeal. Probably similar to kendrick. 

I think his first-week sales - again, not a metric for all - were robust back in the day. But I'm not sure he's ever had that crossover appeal to the same extent.

Still, I was dubious about Kendrick Lamar's crossover appeal too, and was very happy to be wrong.