2024 Headliners

12 minutes ago, incident said:

All the rescheduled North American dates were announced a couple weeks ago - with a 4 month summer gap in between them which presumably is for Europe.

Jep. The Europe/UK announcement has been delayed once or twice according his fanforum. So it could be next week. He would be great for Glastonbury 

14 minutes ago, incident said:

I think you're right, and it's not just possible but likely even.

Emily was saying at least 2 female acts in March ish. She's still saying two female acts.

My guess is that we've got those same two female acts she was talking about still in play, and the newcomer is male.

Not as confident that it'd be Springsteen specifically, but it's true that his summer tour plans for next year are being put in place around now and expected to be announced soon.

1982027722_tenor(1).gif.389f5a5979a718b570915cf6e6421ee1.gif

11 minutes ago, gingerevans84 said:

Where are these P!nk tour dates?

-so4ilk.thumb.jpg.6ca37fab961c085da759f499ee597689.jpg

Those Emily headliner comments are ambiguous enough that they could mean anything. But the likely candidates:

1. Madonna - they delayed booking because of Madonna’s illness, as their original hope was that she’d do her US/UK/Europe dates then bring a revised show to the G, then her hospital trip messed everything up. After the London shows, her people contact Emily and decide she wants to do it.

2. Rihanna - they held open the headliner while Rihanna was figuring out if she’d take up the open invitation after dropping out of last year. She’s now decided to kick off a tour starting at Glastonbury and made the decision recently (and will do some shows with Live Nation, per the mangled leak to the Mirror last week)

3. Pink - they delayed booking for one or other of the above, but both have fallen through. While figuring out their plans, one of the booking team gets wind of Pink planning to tour next year, and she’s up for it. Gap filled.

4. Olivia Rodrigo - as with Pink but they put feelers out to O-Rod, who wasn’t in the headliner conversation before, and she’s up for it.

Also the legend is Stevie Nicks, pencil it in

Edited by Drinky

Everyone getting a bit carried away she didn’t say it was still 2 female headliners during this podcast, but did make a point of saying the legend is classed as the 4th headliner and confirmed that to be female. She also made a point of saying she tries to book 50/50. that could very easily mean the legend and a another are the 2 female headliners & then 2 other headliner slots are male based band or solo. 

The big American act could easily have been greenday. The point she says we’ll understand why points to the earlier point of her aiming for 50/50 booking 

Maybe I've got me blinkers on but I can't see that she's talking about anyone other than Madge. 

It's someone pretty special and a total scoop to risk holding on so late. 

28 minutes ago, incident said:

I think you're right, and it's not just possible but likely even.

Emily was saying at least 2 female acts in March ish. She's still saying two female acts.

My guess is that we've got those same two female acts she was talking about still in play, and the newcomer is male.

Not as confident that it'd be Springsteen specifically, but it's true that his summer tour plans for next year are being put in place around now and expected to be announced soon.

I think you're right on the newcomer being male - Green Day have become active again as of the last few weeks, entirely possible that the call was related to them.

Dua Lipa - Green Day - Madonna

Would happily take that!

3 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/music/news/glastonbury-2024-headliners-emily-eavis-b2435986.html

New interview from Emily with a bit of talk about next years headliners:

“2024 is still a little up in the air,” she told Annie Mac and Nick Grimshaw on Thursday’s episode of their podcast, Sidetracked with Annie and Nick. 

“And I thought it was kind of taking shape and then last week I just got a call, and this is what happens if you wait a little longer, because quite often we’ll be booked up from July. This year we’re holding out for a little bit longer and last week I got a call from a really big American artist saying this person’s around next year, and I was like, ‘Oh my God, this is incredible.’ Thank God we held the slot.”

Not giving too much away, although the realist in me says that phone call is Pink rather than Madonna who they presumably would’ve been in talks with long before last week…

Also female legend confirmed.

The OMG phone call wouldn't happen for P!nk.

3 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Hmm now with that I’m maybe back on the Madonna train as surely she’s the only semi-realistic act they’d be holding out for like that. 

Goddamnit, although it would be exciting to get it all at once, I do love our usual getting the legend and/or one headliner to really get the excitement going. 

1 hour ago, danbailey80 said:

It could be Pink she’s referring too and she doesn’t so no to Madonna as they are still hoping she’s the third headliner. 

Not ruling Madonna out is significant. Either she’s the big American artist or she’s still in talks.

also Pink is a massive American artist and although Madonna is American I’ve always considered her more a mixture if you know what I mean. Houses in UK, Italian blood etc. pink is definitely just American. 

Madonna in American, doesn't matter where her houses or blood types. She's definitely American.

1 hour ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

The optimist in me thinks the "last week" comment might refer to being at the Madonna show, which of course was last week. But after the info and discussions over the past few days, I'm thinking Pink is more likely. 

Female legend...Stevie Nicks? 

Stevie or Cher. I imagine Stevie being one of the acts open to doing Glastonbury.

So Madonna, rapper type, male act, Stevie Nicks.

1 hour ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

@Neilare you not out of reactions yet?

Probably unlimited...also unblockable and unable to ban.

1 hour ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

I hope you’re okay

It's a self destruction unfortunately on a former owned forum with a will for it to fail in others hands.

1 hour ago, kalifire said:

I can't imagine Emily being so relieved they held one of the slots open so Pink could play.

It says Madge or Rihanna to me. If it's Madge and they're in talks, there's probably a good chance nothing will come of it if the talks are about money. Fingers crossed, though.

No chance Rihanna and she's Caribbean

57 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Pink announced some very convenient dates yesterday that got people in a fuss, but yeah, it’s Madonna.

My feeling too. I think Madonna  needed to give the call to see if her team maybe would allow it beside big summer shows.

44 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Decent interview, they could have pushed her a little harder, Annie Mac obviously not realising Taylor Swift is unavailable. 

I reckon the big artist contacting them is P!nk. Sounded like it was out of the blue, that wouldn't be the case with Madonna.

I don't, if Glastonbury got P!nk now I can't see a big song about it

40 minutes ago, kalifire said:

Releasing the full line up in January would be utterly unheard of. Hardly anything happens in January. Would certainly give people like me who’ve heard of about 7% of the undercard time to discover new gems. 

Unless they are like, January gives us time to recover from disappointment lol.

25 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Pink plays and sells out stadiums so no way she’s playing lower down.

What if she actively wanted to play accepting she won't headline? 

4 minutes ago, Drinky said:

Those Emily headliner comments are ambiguous enough that they could mean anything. But the likely candidates:

1. Madonna - they delayed booking because of Madonna’s illness, as their original hope was that she’d do her US/UK/Europe dates then bring a revised show to the G, then her hospital trip messed everything up. After the London shows, her people contact Emily and decide she wants to do it.

2. Rihanna - they held open the headliner while Rihanna was figuring out if she’d take up the open invitation after dropping out of last year. She’s now decided to kick off a tour starting at Glastonbury and made the decision recently (and will do some shows with Live Nation, per the mangled leak to the Mirror last week)

3. Pink - they delayed booking for one or other of the above, but both have fallen through. While figuring out their plans, one of the booking team gets wind of Pink planning to tour next year, and she’s up for it. Gap filled.

4. Olivia Rodrigo - as with Pink but they put feelers out to O-Rod, who wasn’t in the headliner conversation before, and she’s up for it.

I think it could be Cher.

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

Pink would (currently) make the most sense if it wasn’t for her making it sound like they’ve been waiting out a certain act. Would they really be leaving a headliner slot vacant in the hopes that Pink would get back to them?!

Like @nikkic suggests, reading into Emily's statement, I'm thinking they gambled and kept a slot open (for longer than usual), knowing Madonna was active, leaving her as much time as practical to make a final decision. I'm not necessarily suggesting they were waiting specifically for Pink, but luckily a "big American artist" became available when it seemed as though their gamble in waiting for Madonna didn't pay off. It could be Pink, the only info we have is that retracted Ticketmaster page. It could be someone else, but for now, I'm thinking Madonna is probably out

2 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Like @nikkic suggests, reading into Emily's statement, I'm thinking they gambled and kept a slot open (for longer than usual), knowing Madonna was active, leaving her as much time as practical to make a final decision. I'm not necessarily suggesting they were waiting specifically for Pink, but luckily a "big American artist" became available when it seemed as though their gamble in waiting for Madonna didn't pay off. It could be Pink, the only info we have is that retracted Ticketmaster page. It could be someone else, but for now, I'm thinking Madonna is probably out

The way she's talking about it being a good thing to wait sometimes, makes me think the gamble paid off.  Emily is usually careful with her words, hyping up a big US star, for it to be Pink just seems odd 

1 minute ago, JimboSlice said:

The way she's talking about it being a good thing to wait sometimes, makes me think the gamble paid off.  Emily is usually careful with her words, hyping up a big US star, for it to be Pink just seems odd 

Yeah that’s what I got from it - sounds like the wait paid off rather than somebody just happening to call out of the blue whilst they also conveniently had a vacant headliner slot. 

1 minute ago, JimboSlice said:

Like always, Emily gives us just a little information that could be read in a number of ways. Of course it's deliberate and not a coincidence that she's done it a week before the first tickets go on sale

Just now, FloorFiller said:

Yeah that’s what I got from it - sounds like the wait paid off rather than somebody just happening to call out of the blue whilst they also conveniently had a vacant headliner slot. 

She's also not going to say, "we waited for Madonna but all we could get was Pink. Sorry about that". Whoever fills each of those slots she's going to be "absolutely delighted" with

• Upvote 2

35 minutes ago, Hotchilidog said:

I'm hopeful for Madonna, Glastonbury is running out of living legends that could still play potent headline sets. After a run of Macca and Reg, Madonna would be an awesome show closer. Also having seen Madge on this tour, she would absolutely slay it.

Was the mashing up of songs not an issue? I saw on Setlistfm there were a lot of 'contains elements of..' in various songs. I tend to find that jarring in general but maybe it wasn't that bad?

She also seemed to not play a lot of her bigger/more famous songs, but then I'm only a casual fan at best so maybe that's more a reflection on me

35 minutes ago, Drinky said:

Rihanna is Jamaican I think 

17 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Don’t do this to me I’m expecting Madonna through the post box any day now 

50 minutes ago, JRhys29 said:

I think you're right on the newcomer being male - Green Day have become active again as of the last few weeks, entirely possible that the call was related to them.

Dua Lipa - Green Day - Madonna

Would happily take that!

She says in the podcast 'there's a reason we held off a bit longer, it will make sense when we reveal the line up'. Which I took to mean they've been hanging off to get another female headliner in the bag. 

The more I think about it - the more convinced I am that the call coming last week means that Emily is likely talking about someone who we've not seriously considered up until now.

The call would have come as part of (the early stages of) setting out potential tour plans and logistics for next summer - so if they'd only got that far along the process as of last week, it feels unlikely that they'd be even nearly ready to announce dates yet. Have to assume that the P!nk and Springsteen dates, while not announced yet, are much further along (P!nk having appeared on Ticketmaster, the Springsteen announcement having been put back a couple times now). Probably the same applies for Green Day. And if Madonna is extending the tour into the summer, that'd be locked in by now as well.

Edited by incident