2024 Headliners

5 hours ago, Neil said:

They were going at it like the insta was meaningful. It needed someone to pull it back.

It didn't. It needed people just to enjoy their excitement who know deep down that it’s really just 50/50. It's not always that serious, people have gone, oh nail on multiple times and it hasn't happened. No one is going to be actually affected majorly if they haven't managed to book her.

7 hours ago, Neil said:

They were going at it like the insta was meaningful. It needed someone to pull it back.

After crying about me starting on you, you’ve decided to reply at gone midnight just to start an argument again. 

You’re just a killjoy and hate seeing people have any fun, hate to say it. Didn’t need pulled back at all.

Just now, ProperTea said:

She's literally only ever made another Instagram post about being at a Coldplay gig. So looks pretty meaningful to me.

So Coldplay and miming Madge, a vintage year.

7 hours ago, Neil said:

So Coldplay and miming Madge, a vintage year.

Oh Neil you've been the first person to state that it's 'not all about the headliners' in the past (and please don't ask me to find and quote an actual post...).  Obvs it's not your cup of tea, and probably not totally mine also, but I'm pretty darn sure that field will be rammed as usual when Chris, the lads, and Madge come skipping out. We'll probably be elsewhere, grooving to something more our thing, but simply because our personal preferences lie elsewhere that doesn't mean it's not 'a vintage year'.

Edited by parsonjack
  • Upvote 7

1 minute ago, Gejonimo said:

Imagine thinking that Madonna and Coldplay are bad bookings. Two of the biggest artists in the world. Christ alive. 

I don't think they're bad they just feel a bit tired they're hardly contemporary for the contemporary music festival.

Madonna, Coldplay and Dua tick all the boxes for one of the biggest stages in the world. 

Coldplay only gets slated by people who have seen them loads, but for every person that's seen them loads there's more that haven't seen them at all yet.  

Madonna, is firmly in the Elton category of a massive booking for the festival.

Both are contemporary artists - still selling tours, tickets, music and merch in the current time. 

1 minute ago, Neil said:

I don't think they're bad they just feel a bit tired they're hardly contemporary for the contemporary music festival.

Name your 3 contemporary headliners please! I’ve never once heard you praise any modern artist on here, you only like talking heads. If they were headlining bet you wouldn’t complain lol. 

8 minutes ago, Neil said:

Any year with Coldplay always gets slagged.

yeah by boomers on efests

18 minutes ago, Neil said:

Contemporary literally just means "now" or "in the present". Madonna is touring and selling out arenas and Coldplay are selling out stadiums all across the world. Madonna has 19mil followers on Instagram and Coldplay has 25mil, I don't really see how much more contemporary you can get. 

1 hour ago, ProperTea said:

She's literally only ever made another Instagram post about being at a Coldplay gig. So looks pretty meaningful to me.

And Coldplay didn't play after she'd posted it.

She tends to put gig stuff in her stories rather than feed but has posted about seeing Madonna before in there. It was pre-pandemic but Madonna didn't make the poster that year.

Different times, different scenarios and all that but I do think people are putting too much into the post. Mainly because of this 👇

25 minutes ago, The Nal said:

More I think about it, can't see it being Madge. Tour is over two months before. Current stage setup is wildly unsuitable to a field in Somerset.

And also this 👇

💰💰💰💰💰

3 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

And Coldplay didn't play after she'd posted it.

She tends to put gig stuff in her stories rather than feed but has posted about seeing Madonna before in there. It was pre-pandemic but Madonna didn't make the poster that year.

Different times, different scenarios and all that but I do think people are putting too much into the post. Mainly because of this 👇

And also this 👇

💰💰💰💰💰

Even if the cash wasn't an issue, finishing up a tour and then having to heavily adapt a show like that 2 months later for a one off show outdoors, mobilising hundreds of people, dancers, choreographers, production etc and pull of a once off show shes never done before. Nah. Not happening.  

22 minutes ago, Gejonimo said:

Contemporary literally just means "now" or "in the present". Madonna is touring and selling out arenas and Coldplay are selling out stadiums all across the world. Madonna has 19mil followers on Instagram and Coldplay has 25mil, I don't really see how much more contemporary you can get. 

Add on Dua Lipa's 88M followers and that's quite a trio! 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Even if the cash wasn't an issue, finishing up a tour and then having to heavily adapt a show like that 2 months later for a one off show outdoors, mobilising hundreds of people, dancers, choreographers, production etc and pull of a once off show shes never done before. Nah. Not happening.  

Agree, unless she announces more shows, possibly stadium gigs, I just can't see it.

2 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Even though her mate Elton told her how good it was?

And she plans to make it work by doing Hyde Park next year too.

24 minutes ago, Gejonimo said:

Hmmm. but it's 'Contemporary Performing Arts' right, and that collocation makes all the difference.  I'm taking this definition from the Tate "The term contemporary art is loosely used to refer to art of the present day and of the relatively recent past, of an innovatory or avant-garde nature"

1 minute ago, Mardy said:

Hmmm. but it's 'Contemporary Performing Arts' right, and that collocation makes all the difference.  I'm taking this definition from the Tate "The term contemporary art is loosely used to refer to art of the present day and of the relatively recent past, of an innovatory or avant-garde nature"

I would say that Madonna and Coldplay are the personification of that. They're still recording and putting out art, and both could be considered avant-garde in some aspects (Madonna with her fashion, Coldplay with their carbon neutral touring). There's no such thing as a contemporary headliner in the way that I know some people are thinking, that's what the endless undercard is for. If you want the truly new, weird, exciting stuff, then go to a tent at 1am, not a slot that has to appeal to millions to allow the weird and wonderful to showcase there every year. 

4 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Yeah if she announces a few outdoor shows then its a runner. 

Agreed she won’t do G as a stand-alone, but announcing a string of outdoor gigs after this tour is wrapped up (and been heralded as a triumph) would be put her bang in the frame. 

As is stands though, even without that, still more to suggest it’s a goer than not. 

Just now, nikkic said:

As is stands though, even without that, still more to suggest it’s a goer than not. 

I dont think so. How does that work with all her dancers and production guys? 

"Here lads dont book any work in May or June, turn down a years worth of work elsewhere and any offers from other artists because were doing 2 hours in England in late June. We'll pay you 500 quid".