2024 Headliners

14 hours ago, Skip997 said:

2022 Truth Stage about 3am (IIRC), best time and venue for them.

Can't remember what day.

I did have it in my head to see them, don’t know why I didn’t. If that’s the time they were on my absence makes more sense.

2 minutes ago, Neville Street said:

The younger generation NS family members are asking who “the nerds” (affectionate term for Efests people) have as likely 2024 headliners currently. How do I answer?

Well the list I think currently is from . Coldplay , Rhianna , Pink , Dua lipa , depeche mode , Madonna , Rhianna ? Think that’s it ? 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

I quite like Coldplay tbh …  final appearance on the farm why not 🙂 ducks for cover 

Same. Wouldn't mind the Coldplay rumour to be true.

Nice to see the Coldplay appreciation for once on here. Regardless of what some may think of them, they're one of the biggest bands on earth who can put on an incredible 2 hour show with ease, with a back catalogue of belters.

They've done some really sh*t stuff album wise beyond their 3rd/4th albums, but there's no denying how good they are live. 

They were the first Glasto headliner I ever saw (2011) and not seen them since. I'd be all over it next year.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Thought you'd be a fan 🙂 

It's like someone dragged a list of who I would least like to see headline from deep within me.

I'm not arguing any of them shouldn't, other than my dislike of them all. I just need someone I can cling to as one of the headliners that wouldn't send me running to another stage.

I did really enjoy Coldplay in 2011 but, man alive, they've produced a lot of turgid stuff since then.

19 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

I'm not arguing any of them shouldn't, other than my dislike of them all. I just need someone I can cling to as one of the headliners that wouldn't send me running to another stage.

That was Elton John for me this year. I struggled to find a headliner I really wanted to see on any stage on Fri/Sat 😳

I've only seen Coldplay once during their Head Full Of Dreams tour (the same they played on the farm in 2016), but they were fantastic. I still think a GSH for them isn't quite the same as for anyone else though, given they'll make efforts to be there whether they're playing or not. Given they 'headlined' at the live event during Covid (still counts, imo), I think it's a touch too soon for them to be back. I reckon a post-tour finale at Glastonbury fits better for the 'Play.

I'd guess Dua and Madge are headlining at this stage in the game, with the former more certain than the latter. Who knows who the third might be. If those two are playing, I hope it's someone I'm not arsed about so I'd get a night somewhere else.

There's an outside shot O-Rod could make G24 a triple pop party fest. I'd not be complaining.

Edited by kalifire

6 minutes ago, kalifire said:

That was Elton John for me this year. I struggled to find a headliner I really wanted to see on any stage on Fri/Sat 😳

I've only seen Coldplay once during their Head Full Of Dreams tour (the same they played on the farm in 2016), but they were fantastic. I still think a GSH for them isn't quite the same as for anyone else though, given they'll make efforts to be there whether they're playing or not. Given they 'headlined' at the live event during Covid (still counts, imo), I think it's a touch too soon for them to be back. I reckon a post-tour finale at Glastonbury fits better for the 'Play.

I'd guess Dua and Madge are headlining at this stage in the game, with the former more certain than the latter. Who knows who the third might be. If those two are playing, I hope it's someone I'm not arsed about so I'd get a night somewhere else.

There's an outside shot O-Rod could make G24 a triple pop party fest. I'd not be complaining.

I don't mind a bit of O Rod tbh. I'd take her over any of those currently mooted. Clinging on for some ageing dad rock to keep me happy. Green Day would be ideal, Blur I'd love to see, maybe Pulp on the Other up against one of them. 

I agree with you on Coldplay, I don't think they'll be one of the headliners.

2 hours ago, Stokesy10 said:

Nice to see the Coldplay appreciation for once on here. Regardless of what some may think of them, they're one of the biggest bands on earth who can put on an incredible 2 hour show with ease, with a back catalogue of belters.

They've done some really sh*t stuff album wise beyond their 3rd/4th albums, but there's no denying how good they are live. 

They were the first Glasto headliner I ever saw (2011) and not seen them since. I'd be all over it next year.

They were brilliant in 2011 IMO. Cracking set and they genuinely looked ecstatic to be there. Skipped 2016 for LCD but would definitely be there next year if all the stars align.

6 hours ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Well the list I think currently is from . Coldplay , Rhianna , Pink , Dua lipa , depeche mode , Madonna , Rhianna ? Think that’s it ? 

Potentially Dave - although I have to admit, I can't see them going for two 'bump ups' in Dave & Dua (who I think is as nailed on as can be).

Would love Green Day or Eminem - don't think either are that unlikely.