2024 Headliners

2 minutes ago, FrogLobster said:

Taylor can still do it if she finishes her show early in Dublin (at about 7ish; it could be a matinee) then flys down to Glastonbury (Private jet) to take to the stage for 11pm on Pyramid. Its certainly possible! If anything, this news makes it even more likely!

I think you're missing the obvious fact that she's personally invented teleportation, which she's going to demonstrate for the first time by performing two shows simultaneously.

1 hour ago, liambarton said:

Taylor has added the Sunday in Dublin. So that's that for another year.

Screenshot_20230705_174440_Samsung Internet.jpg

Thank holy god for that. Glad all those silly swifty lot will be out on T day. 

33 minutes ago, ciderdrenched said:

We should now ban Taylor Swift discourse from all threads

Corrected for you. I’ve heard more pleasantries coming out of the long drops than anything produced by her ‘musically’. Now to put these Rihanna rumours in the bin too and we’re good.

4 minutes ago, FrogLobster said:

Taylor can still do it if she finishes her show early in Dublin (at about 7ish; it could be a matinee) then flys down to Glastonbury (Private jet) to take to the stage for 11pm on Pyramid. Its certainly possible! If anything, this news makes it even more likely!

IMG_5722.jpeg.f270f1f061f2ea940c2ccf5416ded9d7.jpeg

4 minutes ago, incident said:

I think you're missing the obvious fact that she's personally invented teleportation, which she's going to demonstrate for the first time by performing two shows simultaneously.

If she positions her plane right next to the stage then she can dash out super quick after the last song and then if Glastonbury sets aside a field or 2 for a landing runway then she could make it in time. Its all about logistics and coordination.

Current prediction: Dua Lipa / Blur / The 1975 (Early Co-Headliner) and Taylor Swift (Late Night Co-Headliner)

Edited by FrogLobster

3 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

I don't think there'll ever be a year without at least one set of men with guitars.

It’ll happen eventually if the festival continues long into the future. I wouldn’t be surprised if it happens within the next decade. Most of the possible headliners being touted for next year aren’t men with guitars.

Didn't Coldplay say ages ago that they were planning on taking a prolonged break after 2025? If that's still true then I could see them headlining in 2025 before going away for a while. Will have been 9 years since their last headline too, which is a long time for their standards.

Just now, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Didn't Coldplay say ages ago that they were planning on taking a prolonged break after 2025? If that's still true then I could see them headlining in 2025 before going away for a while. Will have been 9 years since their last headline too, which is a long time for their standards.

Oh I've just googled this and it turns out he said they'll stop recording music but still tour. Never mind, then.

8 minutes ago, addicted2noise said:

Also are Coldplay seriously going to get to headline again after another dud of an album just because they're mates with the organisers? Surely not. Dave Grohl needs to take a break from the festival too.

Or maybe because they're one of the biggest bands in the world that is still selling out stadiums? Arctic Monkeys just released 2 dead albums and Coldplay are MUCH bigger. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, chazwwe said:

Or maybe because they're one of the biggest bands in the world that is still selling out stadiums? Arctic Monkeys just released 2 dead albums and Coldplay are MUCH bigger. 

They're both still pretty decent albums and AM wasn't out the last time they headlined. Coldplay aren't really going to add anything new to their last set beyond a BTS collaboration.

Edited by addicted2noise

2 hours ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

A year off from Men With Guitars would be welcome after this year. 

Think it could be a vision of the future tbf. The lack of rock acts to come through in the late 2010's to festival headline status means the genre kinda has a future at this level only as long as the same old acts who've been headlining festivals since 2005-09 keep going.