2024 Headliners

21 minutes ago, northernangel said:

Why would you like Foos again though? They've only had 19 and 22 as gaps playing. It would be the laziest booking.

I think she would get 3rd down Pyramid in the Katy Perry/Miley mould.

I didn’t say they’d be my no 1 pick. I’d be all over AC/DC. I was just suggesting the meet the criteria stated & as people have suggested them I included them. 
while it’s not likely the red hot chilli peppers meet the criteria also. 

as for Christina etc. ac/dc guns & roses haven’t had a hit in years so that’s not an excluding criteria for me. It could be argued Christina was the no 1 pop star in the world from 02/06- battling it out with the likes of Britney & Beyoncé. She was in pop culture of the time. The stuff with kissing Britney & Madonna on an award show etc she also had a variety of songs from r&b, bubble gum pop, a Ballard etc been in the odd film & actually can sing. 

id say she’s far more rounded to be a headliner than dua lipa & was/is a bigger star overall 

Edited by Rodders2023

34 minutes ago, Rodders2023 said:

who I think could should do it in future 

justin timberlake

christina Aguilera

Timberlake would be a great party. How long before he could be considered for the legend slot? 👀

3 hours ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

Maybe ‘dropped off the face of the earth’ was too strong his popularity has flatlined at best. Third album had no cultural impact whatsoever and the only tour date he’s announced in support of it hasn’t sold out despite a strong undercard. 

Yep. As expected, new one’s a belter. 

Nope. Since glastonbury he's had 2 number 1 records, a number 1 single, a handful of high profile (and high charting) features. Hide & seek and firebabe were very popular. Mel Made Me Do It was a big cultural moment. Also had the well-received Louis theroux documentary.

Headlined Reading & Leeds and sold out an arena tour.

That really isn't a career which has 'flatlined at best'

Just now, Chef said:

Timberlake would be a great party. How long before he could be considered for the legend slot? 👀

His last hit was in 2016. Nowhere near it. 

1 minute ago, Rodders2023 said:

Kylie had another 10 years on Christina 

There’s no hard and fast rule that says you have to be over 50. You just need to have been popular when a substantial proportion of the attendees were growing up. The lady Aguilera fits it to a tee. 

1 minute ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

There’s no hard and fast rule that says you have to be over 50. You just need to have been popular when a substantial proportion of the attendees were growing up. The lady Aguilera fits it to a tee. 

Its not just chart stats - Kylie has a UK national treasure aura that Xtina doesn't enjoy.

5 minutes ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

His last hit was in 2016. Nowhere near it. 

Christina is more of a global star, even without a massive hit in a while, you’d be hard pressed not for the young lot at the festival not knowing the song she did for a sharks tale, seeing her in the film burlesque and the songs from that, then my age group mid to late 30’s not knowing her songs like fighter, dirty, can hold us down, I’m Beautiful plus the bubble gum pop she did the in the late 90’s. 

she’s in the same bracket of the other solo women like Beyoncé rhianna swift that could be considered for me 

4 minutes ago, Rodders2023 said:

Christina is more of a global star, even without a massive hit in a while, you’d be hard pressed not for the young lot at the festival not knowing the song she did for a sharks tale, seeing her in the film burlesque and the songs from that, then my age group mid to late 30’s not knowing her songs like fighter, dirty, can hold us down, I’m Beautiful plus the bubble gum pop she did the in the late 90’s. 

she’s in the same bracket of the other solo women like Beyoncé rhianna swift that could be considered for me 

You can’t seriously think Christina Aguilera has the current mainstream popularity of Rihanna, never mind Beyoncé or Taylor Swift?! Perhaps at her peak, but certainly not now.

Nor would I personally say she has their respective back catalogues, albeit that’s personal opinion.

8 hours ago, CC22 said:

The idea that most of the British public don’t know Dave is hilarious as well. I’d say he’s basically as safe a bet as Sam Fender to headline the festival in the next few years - doubt either will be next year, but would be very confident both will happen at some stage.

He wouldn't be the same without Chas

• Like 2

14 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

It's also #1 on Spotify.

https://www.nme.com/news/music/dave-and-central-cee-sprinter-is-spotify-uk-most-streamed-song-in-a-single-day-in-2023-so-far-3452500

This week, it was confirmed that ‘Sprinter’ became Spotify UK’s most streamed song in a single day in 2023 so far. Currently, the track has amassed more than 20 million streams in just under five days. The track also broke the record for the most streamed hip-hop song in the UK in a single day in Spotify history.

Was also performed by Dave, to a rapturous response, on the Other Stage a mere 6 days ago.

11 hours ago, gigpusher said:

I’m 46 in 2 weeks and paid to go and see his last arena tour. He’s a lyrical genius and Psychodrama is one of the best albums of the last decade. 

Meh. Still not for me sorry. 

Glad you like him though.

I dare you to find a bigger respecter of Christina Aguilera than me. I love that woman and her work with my life.

But she's not gonna headline Glastonbury festival these days is she. Don't think she'd play. Miley and KP both took a low paying daytime Pyramid show bocos they were pushing for the exposure and in the middle of a much wider project of wanting to become seen as more serious artists than they'd be pegged as before. Christina's not arsed mate, she's in her lane, unbothered, moisturised, happy, focused, flourishing.

14 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

That's fine but speak for yourself and not everyone your age. Not everyone who is the same age thinks the same.

Were there a lot of 45 year olds and over at the gig? 

Just now, Benjsh said:

Were there a lot of 45 year olds and over at the gig? 

A fair few yep. My husband was there. He's 2 years older than me and we definitely weren't the oldest or an anomaly. I have a friend who is nearly 10 years older than me who was gutted he could go.

Things feel nice and open at the moment - but all with exciting names. 

Would love for it to be one of these:

Prediction I’d put a bet on

Dua Lipa, AC/DC, Taylor Swift

Others

Olivia Rodrigo, AC/DC, Taylor Swift

And then some combination of Dua Lipa, Olivia Rodrigo, Depeche Mode, AC/DC, Taylor Swift.

Will be interesting to see if any of them drop off the radar in the next few months.

2 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Things feel nice and open at the moment - but all with exciting names. 

Would love for it to be one of these:

Prediction I’d put a bet on

Dua Lipa, AC/DC, Taylor Swift

Others

Olivia Rodrigo, AC/DC, Taylor Swift

And then some combination of Dua Lipa, Olivia Rodrigo, Depeche Mode, AC/DC, Taylor Swift.

Will be interesting to see if any of them drop off the radar in the next few months.

I wouldn’t be putting any money on T-Swizz unless you’re very rich already Matthew. 

Consider me on the list of people in their 30s who really like Dave and thinks he would absolutely smash a Pyramid headliner slot and would be chuffed if he was headlining next year.

Not that;

a) Any musician or act can't or shouldn't be enjoyed by anyone aged 1-100

b) Why any of that is even relevant for their Glastonbury headline credentials