2024 Headliners

9 minutes ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

Fair play. The Pyramid trio isn't ever going to please everyone, and tbh, that's the way it should be. If you spend each night at the Pyramid for the headliners, you miss out on some really great alternative headliner slots. It was a bit out of character that I was there two out of the three nights this year, but never had any interest in seeing Arctics. Hot Chip were absolutely blindin'.

Of for sure. Been 6 times and only once did I do all 3 Pyramid headliners. I often go rogue. LCD over Coldplay for example when most of my friends buckled and got a fancy light up band. 

It is funny to me how often the conversation about certain artists goes from

No way, no one knows their music, they're not big enough

To the completely inevitable 

Oh, I didn't realise they were that popular, sounds rubbish to me

Oh, and I've never liked hip hop (we already knew that)

But claiming no one over 35 listens to hip hop etc is a new one I have to say.

1 minute ago, ciderdrenched said:

seems to me a lot of people think their own personal music tastes and preference is the ultimate test of whether or not Glastonbury will make someone a headliner 

For years the mantra around here has been “I don’t know or like them therefore they shouldn’t headline.”

1 minute ago, Hugh Jass II said:

For years the mantra around here has been “I don’t know or like them therefore they shouldn’t headline.”

It's maddening to me - as a newbie - when whoever headlines the Pyramid stage shouldn't really impact your festival experience at all. The breadth of music on offer at any time is unbelievable, you don't even need to be anywhere near the Pyramid if you don't like who headlines there...

2 hours ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

Stormzy and Mumfords are the only times they’ve taken a chance on a headliner in living memory - yes it’s unfortunate that both dropped off the face of the earth after that but I don’t think Emily would ever say they were wrong to be given the chance. Sometimes you just have to go for it. 

I would add at least Skunk Ananstie, '99. That's in my "living memory", my 2nd Glasto (been to 18 now) 

2 hours ago, Benjsh said:

Maybe I'm just getting old then. To me it's absolute shite on a stick.

Just a guy talking over pre recorded music mostly. If that is now what is worthy of Glasto headline act then my word I might need to pack it all in. 

Ill take your ticket, thanks.

oooh, theres  some odds

IMG_6349.jpeg

6 hours ago, Skip997 said:

It'll be interesting to see which "old duffers" they drag out next year.

i'll take a punt on dave grohl, and chris martin, and maybe madge if she hasn't karked it.

Had some thought and lets say next year was the year to do 3 female headliners and things can just work out the way they do. That appeases everything across the board in terms of not making it "poppy" and you represent diff genres and nobody can argue its V Fest level.

Friday - Paramore ( Guitars )

Saturday - Sade ( R&B/British)

Sunday - Taylor Swift ( Big Stadium Act ) 

22 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

Had some thought and lets say next year was the year to do 3 female headliners and things can just work out the way they do. That appeases everything across the board in terms of not making it "poppy" and you represent diff genres and nobody can argue its V Fest level.

Friday - Paramore ( Guitars )

Saturday - Sade ( R&B/British)

Sunday - Taylor Swift ( Big Stadium Act ) 

Sade ? Do they still play 

3 hours ago, Benjsh said:

Doubt you'd be listening to it if you were nearly 40 though and brought up on Macca Jagger, Bruce etc

Definitely seems like it's one for you young ones then. I'd 1000% be elsewhere in the festival whenever he ever plays again. Probably like everyone else who is over 30-35 would be. 

I’m 46 in 2 weeks and paid to go and see his last arena tour. He’s a lyrical genius and Psychodrama is one of the best albums of the last decade. 

• Upvote 2

Changed my lineup since this morning: 

PYRAMID: The 1975 / Doja Cat / Wet Leg 

OTHER: Tyler, The Creator 

PYRAMID: Rihanna / Paramore / Aerosmith (special guests) 

OTHER: Bring Me The Horizon

PYRAMID: Madonna / Janelle Monae / Little Simz 

OTHER: The Prodigy 

3 hours ago, Benjsh said:

Not really mate tbh. I know a few of the classics from a little later on from likes of Biggie and 2Pac etc but it's just not my style of music at all. 

Closest I ever got with hip-hop / rap was early Eminem when he was literally everywhere and even that didn't last for me. 

Give me a great band playing live over any hip hop act any day of the week. 

Rapture, Blondie maybe?