2024 Headliners

5 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

No point stressing about 2024 and beyond given ticket acquisition is now so unlikely.

Can you fill me in on this please? I didn’t try for tickets this year so I’m not caught up. Has the system changed?

On 6/17/2023 at 6:53 PM, Matt42 said:

If I had to predict right now I’d say Olivia Rodrigo, AC/DC, Dua Lipa.

The two women Emily mentioned are apparently first timers, so that rules out both Dua and Olivia, although I reckon O-Rod could sub. 

There’s a real possibility that Glasto might have bagged someone who seems highly implausible, like Madonna or Rihanna. I agree Taylor may be unlikely but she’s not beyond the realms of possibility. 

20 hours ago, chazwwe said:

I think Olivia will be 3rd. I can see Biffy being back, but maybe Other headliner vs who ever the big female pop artist is (dua/the other one). Pulp, if continue touring have to be a lock. 

She could well be but I don't see sub put of the realms. It would be a surprise to not have a hip hop/rapper act too.

Only reason I put Biffy as Pyramid is because I think they are too mainstream to do other headliner. It would also virtually be them accepting they won't ever headliner, which they may not but they have the point of headlining other festivals outright here that say QOTSA for example haven't. 

There will be two I think, after this year if Rihanna and Dua Lipa are both available then they tick off the no female headliner spots by booking two.

44 minutes ago, northernangel said:

She could well be but I don't see sub put of the realms. It would be a surprise to not have a hip hop/rapper act too.

Only reason I put Biffy as Pyramid is because I think they are too mainstream to do other headliner. It would also virtually be them accepting they won't ever headliner, which they may not but they have the point of headlining other festivals outright here that say QOTSA for example haven't. 

There will be two I think, after this year if Rihanna and Dua Lipa are both available then they tick off the no female headliner spots by booking two.

This is an interesting one as I don't think there are as many obvious candidates as there are in other genres.

If they went down the same route as Kanye/Kendrick/Jay-Z then I only see Drake, Eminem or The Weeknd (hip-hop adjacent) as being the right size booking. I personally can't see it being Drake at all. Eminem hasn't put out anything noteworthy in at least 10 years and would almost feel a legacy booking these days, which may work well and tick both legacy & hip-hop boxes. The Weeknd would be a huge booking, but personally feel if they're going down that sort of genre then they're more likely to go after someone like Rihanna.

From the UK scene, Dave feels like the best bet with a new album likely out before the next fest. He would undoubtedly be the headliner that is 'promoted up', and would need to be complimented with two more well-established names alongside him - I don't think he's quite at household name status in the same way that Stormzy was / is. Skepta could also be an outside bet, although more likely would be an Other headliner.

Regardless, I don't think there are that many in contention. I wouldn't be surprised if we don't get a hip-hop act in 2024 but do see one again in 2025. 

32 minutes ago, JRhys29 said:

This is an interesting one as I don't think there are as many obvious candidates as there are in other genres.

If they went down the same route as Kanye/Kendrick/Jay-Z then I only see Drake, Eminem or The Weeknd (hip-hop adjacent) as being the right size booking. I personally can't see it being Drake at all. Eminem hasn't put out anything noteworthy in at least 10 years and would almost feel a legacy booking these days, which may work well and tick both legacy & hip-hop boxes. The Weeknd would be a huge booking, but personally feel if they're going down that sort of genre then they're more likely to go after someone like Rihanna.

From the UK scene, Dave feels like the best bet with a new album likely out before the next fest. He would undoubtedly be the headliner that is 'promoted up', and would need to be complimented with two more well-established names alongside him - I don't think he's quite at household name status in the same way that Stormzy was / is. Skepta could also be an outside bet, although more likely would be an Other headliner.

Regardless, I don't think there are that many in contention. I wouldn't be surprised if we don't get a hip-hop act in 2024 but do see one again in 2025. 

Not necessarily headliner but a sub act. It's actually where if they can't get a hip hop style act, I could see Olivia getting the push to sub instead. 

16 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

harry styles , madonna  , taylor . depeche in legend slot 

I think its Harry

He’s just absolutely massive and I see no reason why he wouldn’t other than the fact he seems to have been touring for about 2 years without a break.

do we think the “two female headliners” could mean the one of the new legend headliner slot could be female, as opposed to two of friday/saturday/sunday being female

1 hour ago, Monty Pythagoras said:

I think its Harry

He’s just absolutely massive and I see no reason why he wouldn’t other than the fact he seems to have been touring for about 2 years without a break.

do we think the “two female headliners” could mean the one of the new legend headliner slot could be female, as opposed to two of friday/saturday/sunday being female

Maybe it's just me but I'd rather stick to there being three "headliners" every year, with the Legend slot being what it is and completely separate. If they want to give it top billing on the poster a la Diana Ross in 2022 to promote the diversity ambition, then fine.

I know it's not quite the same but R&L trudging out 6 headliners every year just seems to dilute the overall prestige of the slot, and the quality of the acts playing it. Glasto should stick to the three for it to remain such an exclusive slot.

1 hour ago, Monty Pythagoras said:

I think its Harry

Nah, Emily isn't silly. She knows what she is saying when she means 'Headliner'. I genuinely beleive it's a comment that she's thrown out there, forgetting that Dua has played before. Dua and someone like Rihanna/Lady Gaga. With a rock act on the oother day. 

23 minutes ago, chazwwe said:

Nah, Emily isn't silly. She knows what she is saying when she means 'Headliner'. I genuinely beleive it's a comment that she's thrown out there, forgetting that Dua has played before. Dua and someone like Rihanna/Lady Gaga. With a rock act on the oother day. 

Gaga has also played before, in both a prominent slot and with a memorable performance.

I was leaning towards Rihanna & Dua, but that feels somewhat too similar. I'm now wondering if they've managed to bag Madonna.

Dua - ? - Madonna

FRIDAY
Pyramid: Blur // Halsey / Iggy Pop / Wet Leg
Other: Doja Cat // Jorja Smith
West Holts: Nas // Kaytranada
Woodsies: Sigur Ros // Angel Olsen
The Park: Jon Hopkins // King Krule

SATURDAY
Pyramid: Madonna or Rihanna // Sam Smith / Rosalía / Anderson. Paak & The Free Nationals
Other: The National // PJ Harvey
West Holts: Justice // Fatouma Diawara
Woodsies: IDLES // Låpsley
The Park: FKA Twigs // Sampha

SUNDAY
Pyramid: Taylor Swift // Pulp / Paramore / Stevie Nicks
Other: The Prodigy // Bring Me The Horizon
West Holts: Janelle Monáe // Jill Scott
Woodsies: Jessie Ware // Bombay Bicycle Club
The Park: The Smile // Siouxsie

2025: 1975 or Harry Styles / Dua Lipa / Depeche Mode / Duran Duran

15 hours ago, kalifire said:

The two women Emily mentioned are apparently first timers, so that rules out both Dua and Olivia, although I reckon O-Rod could sub. 

There’s a real possibility that Glasto might have bagged someone who seems highly implausible, like Madonna or Rihanna. I agree Taylor may be unlikely but she’s not beyond the realms of possibility. 

What does Emily mean by first time headliner though? Because we’ve got caught in this interpretation before. If she means first time headliners it can be anyone. 

6 minutes ago, listenstolotsofcrap said:

FRIDAY
Pyramid: Blur // Halsey / Iggy Pop / Wet Leg
Other: Doja Cat // Jorja Smith
West Holts: Nas // Kaytranada
Woodsies: Sigur Ros // Angel Olsen
The Park: Jon Hopkins // King Krule

SATURDAY
Pyramid: Madonna or Rihanna // Sam Smith / Rosalía / Anderson. Paak & The Free Nationals
Other: The National // PJ Harvey
West Holts: Justice // Fatouma Diawara
Woodsies: IDLES // Låpsley
The Park: FKA Twigs // Sampha

SUNDAY
Pyramid: Taylor Swift // Pulp / Paramore / Stevie Nicks
Other: The Prodigy // Bring Me The Horizon
West Holts: Janelle Monáe // Jill Scott
Woodsies: Jessie Ware // Bombay Bicycle Club
The Park: The Smile // Siouxsie

2025: 1975 or Harry Styles / Dua Lipa / Depeche Mode / Duran Duran

Just looks too strong for nowadays imo. Third downs don’t tend to be that big anymore. I’d say Lewis Capaldi is a bit of an outlier.

Iggy Pop would sub I think. Tends to take very high up slots at festivals. Jorja would probably headline OS instead of sub it. Paramore would not play third down. Janelle Monae would be much much higher than that and I can’t see her coming back to the WH.

After this summer I reckon Rosalia is either a smaller festival headliner or an other stage headliner.

Edited by Matt42

25 minutes ago, JRhys29 said:

Gaga has also played before, in both a prominent slot and with a memorable performance.

I was leaning towards Rihanna & Dua, but that feels somewhat too similar. I'm now wondering if they've managed to bag Madonna.

Dua - ? - Madonna

Completely forgot Gaga has performed before. If they have somehow got Madonna, the year after Elton John, the year after McCartney. They are on a very good run of ' classic mega stars '

21 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

What does Emily mean by first time headliner though? Because we’ve got caught in this interpretation before. If she means first time headliners it can be anyone. 

Just looks too strong for nowadays imo. Third downs don’t tend to be that big anymore. I’d say Lewis Capaldi is a bit of an outlier.

Iggy Pop would sub I think. Tends to take very high up slots at festivals. Jorja would probably headline OS instead of sub it. Paramore would not play third down. Janelle Monae would be much much higher than that and I can’t see her coming back to the WH.

After this summer I reckon Rosalia is either a smaller festival headliner or an other stage headliner.

Miley in 2019. I know they're a ' secret ' but Foo's this year. Elbow last year who would normally sub headline. 

I can see Iggy being third down easily. Paramore not so much.

38 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I agree with you tbh, just a more hopeful booking if Emily could throw money around like nothing else and get everything more than perfect. Paramore I would stick sub but was trying to shoehorn Pulp and the National in to O head or sub. In regards to Rosalia, IF she was gonna get booked at Glasto I see Pyramid 3rd, Other Head/Sub, WH headliner. Would love to see UK festivals give her some love.

I think there's always bookings that seem higher or lower than they should be to each individual.

Guess we wait and see when the additional dates are scheduled for - you would expect there to be at least one additional London date, but whether it falls straight after the existing dates or not could be a giveaway.