2024 Headliners

2 hours ago, FloopFiller said:

Granted, Emily’s comment of a big American act giving her a call does suggest it was a last minute squeeze in to their schedule so she could well make an exception here.

Yeah this is where my, admittedly pessimistic, brain keeps taking me. It's plausible. Though maybe not probable?

18 minutes ago, FloopFiller said:

Funny how, although a big deal for Bestival, that wasn’t a ginormous deal overall whereas ten years later him doing Glastonbury is the biggest deal every 

Most summers for the few years pre-Covid, you could have seen Elton at a variety of county cricket grounds around the country - was by no means a hard ticket to get.

Covid (and the desire of everybody to go out and have experiences afterwards), plus farewell tour, upped the desirability of seeing him considerably.

22 minutes ago, FloopFiller said:

Funny how, although a big deal for Bestival, that wasn’t a ginormous deal overall whereas ten years later him doing Glastonbury is the biggest deal every 

That was back when Reg was playing every provincial football ground in the UK, that year or the one after I saw him at Walsall FC which holds 10k and hadn't sold out.

12 minutes ago, goonerben said:

Most summers for the few years pre-Covid, you could have seen Elton at a variety of county cricket grounds around the country - was by no means a hard ticket to get.

Covid (and the desire of everybody to go out and have experiences afterwards), plus farewell tour, upped the desirability of seeing him considerably.

I occasionally wonder if Covid caused some sort of national collective insanity.

Based on this, it seems highly likely it did.

49 minutes ago, nikkic said:

They also nabbed Elton first. 

44 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

Rob Da Bookers.

They also knocked all their suppliers and staff two years in a row and liquidated the company. 

Shame, loved that festival. 

1 minute ago, stuie said:

They also knocked all their suppliers and staff two years in a row and liquidated the company. 

Shame, loved that festival. 

Yeah I went a few years in the mid-late 00's, was always a cracking time, even that year it rained biblically.

Pain in the arse to get to/from though.

6 minutes ago, glimmers_of_hope said:

not totally impossible - no indication that will happen at this stage but it would be the only way they will be there next year based on them being IOW exclusive.

They're in Europe around that weekend and have a gap in their touring. They have dozens of crowd pleasers and "bangers" so if the festival were to make a huge headline sized act playing a secret set on the Pyramid a thing Green Day would be perfect candidates for next year.

Alternatively, for 90s alternative acts who reached their critical prime in the 00s, stick Tool on. Hour long set in broad daylight.😂