2024 Headliners

3 minutes ago, Ben7amin_ said:

I'm not disputing there popularity.  

Would never refer to them as a guitar band in a million years.  Some songs feature some light strumming.  But that's still dead wrong description sorry...

Doubt they would even think they were that themselves.....

They've evolved from the days of Yellow for sure, but ultimately they're still four/five blokes with a drum kit, a bass and a few guitars. They are still a "band" whichever way you look at it.

Feels churlish to paint them otherwise, and I can't stand them as much as any right minded individual.

45 minutes ago, 09matthewsw said:

First time looking at this thread since getting my tickets on Sunday 😄 Am I the only person that thinks the Daily Mail leak was probably bang on the money? 😕

by leak you mean lifted from here (as usual)

1 minute ago, shuttlep said:

a friend went to see Madonna in London

sang to backing tracks

mimed at times

took 5 - minutes to get changed between songs.

i don't think that show would go down well

I assume it’ll be a truncated version for Glastonbury - less interludes and costume changes etc.

The possible miming and backing tracks… eh, it happens, and has happened at Glastonbury before (Dolly springs to mind). Think people will care a lot less about it than you’d think, especially spangled in a field belting out some of the best pop bangers of the last forty years. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, shuttlep said:

a friend went to see Madonna in London

sang to backing tracks

mimed at times

took 5 - minutes to get changed between songs.

i don't think that show would go down well

Me and Mrs.MEGABOWL had a look through a fan video of one of her O2 shows and I was unimpressed. Didn’t play a lot of stuff I like and when she did it was remixed or a snippet e.g. Into the Groove and Like a Prayer we’re tinkered with, Justify any Love was almost Bob Dylan-level unrecognisable. La Isla Bonita was cut short and Crazy For You was about 90 seconds. If it’s the same show I’ll pass.

Madonna didn't have a band on stage with her, but not all pop acts do. The set up was so elaborate with various runways, choreography, props and revolving and moving bits of stage that it wouldn't have been possible to fit a band on there. You wouldn't complain about the lack of backing dancers at a Springsteen gig.

It really didn't distract from the show.

2 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Now I'm confused.

Dua is a fake popstar and Coldplay are real musicians, surely?

Does it even matter? Especially with pop acts?

If you go to see Madonna do you really want half the stage taken up with blokes you've never heard of with guitars and drums? Or would you rather see a production?

• Like 1