2024 Headliners

2 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

What was the FF info again?

Two separate sources saying that they had European festival dates on the table (RW, PinkPop, and by the looks of it Glastonbury) but they decided not to tour as they are not quite ready to hit the road.

It’s come from two completely unconnected posters with reliable track records.

Big festival headline to re-launch the next era in their career. I can see it.

Edited by Matt42

55 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

Given this year's projected three it wouldn't shock me if they went a bit younger and more contemporary in 24.

Sam Fender - Taylor Swift - Dua Lipa

I reckon there would be at least one oldie - just a huge get that happens to be touring by surprise

1 minute ago, Matt42 said:

Two separate sources saying that they had European festival dates on the table (RW, PinkPop, and by the looks of it Glastonbury) but they decided not to tour as they are not quite ready to hit the road.

It’s come from two completely unconnected posters with reliable track records.

Big festival headline to re-launch the next era in their career. I can see it.

I see. Just feels a bit... pointless having them back relatively soon after 2017.

Same basic set as before with a few more new songs nobody cares about.

1 minute ago, Hugh Jass II said:

I see. Just feels a bit... pointless having them back relatively soon after 2017.

They also had an agreement to headline the 2021 mini festival so I think that they want to honour that.

Plus, it will be the first year on the road with a new drummer. A back to form year for the band. They’d also probably do it for free.

I feel like it’s come from the best sources around too. 

4 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

This.  And with the fallow in '18 and '20/'21 cancelled whilst the world stood still in a pandemic, that's only 3 festivals between them appearing.  Seems like an odd play.

24 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

They also had an agreement to headline the 2021 mini festival so I think that they want to honour that.

Plus, it will be the first year on the road with a new drummer. A back to form year for the band. They’d also probably do it for free.

I don’t think they’d be an exciting booking for us but I agree, if they’re around they seem very likely to be booked. 

I get the thinking behind suggesting a younger trio for 2024 but I’d expect at least one older act in there. I’d have Foo Fighters and Depeche Mode as the front-runners for that at the moment but based on the kind of headliners they usually book, I’d be very surprised if the oldest act is Taylor Swift.

12 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

I don’t think they’d be an exciting booking for us but I agree, if they’re around they seem very likely to be booked. 

I get the thinking behind suggesting a younger trio for 2024 but I’d expect at least one older act in there. I’d have Foo Fighters and Depeche Mode as the front-runners for that at the moment but based on the kind of headliners they usually book, I’d be very surprised if the oldest act is Taylor Swift.

Its going to happen eventually. Might as well get it going already.

5 hours ago, Matt42 said:

I know Ken19 mentioned them. Who else?