Pukkelpop 2023

Archi

On 2/10/2023 at 9:14 PM, charlierc said:

Fascinating, thanks.

I didn't realise ticket sales weren't due to start for a few days yet. Chances that TK/FATM/Foals day sells out on the dot when put on sale? (Although presumably Billie Eilish might sell out first such is the hype train)

Nah, sunday will probably sell out a week before the festival. You'll have time. 

On Friday, August 18, Bazart will join big names such as Billie Eilish , Yungblud and Years & Years on the Main Stage, while Amelie Lens will make the dance tents sweat. Moderat was previously announced. Also present is Ezra Collective , which recently provided a review in the AB.

On Saturday 19 August, Limp Bizkit will be visiting Pukkelpop for the fifth time, perhaps to make up for the last-minute absence last year. The old hands will join Angèle , Anne-Marie , Joost and Turnstile that day, among others.

TikTok darling Steve Lacy was already at Pukkelpop, in 2016 as a guitarist with the alt-R&B collective The Internet . In the meantime he went his own way and scored a Grammy for Best Progressive R&B Album as a solo artist. No doubt he packs the pasture again on Saturday too, just like Amyl and the Sniffers , High Vis and Stick To Your Guns .

On Sunday Kiewit welcomes rapper Loyle Carner , Bonobo and girl in red. The last day of the festival will be closed by The Killers and Florence + The Machine .

7 minutes ago, DDave said:

I don't. Need more Marquee / Club names on the Friday and Saturday before I commit to the weekend

Yeah what I meant is that it's nice for day people like me who feel like sleeping in their own bed but can't do that three days in a row 🙂 I definitely am not into getting a weekend ticket right now, as Turnstile and Amyl are basically the ones that stand out for me,  but the option to upgrade is still there.

Angele - Anne Marie - Limp Bizkit - Turnstile. That's an original Main Stage

Waiting more names before taking a combi ticket but I'll already buy a ticket for the Friday today. And see what's happens next. Another announcement of 11 bands next Wednesday? @Ken19 said we gonna have multiple announcements from the festival. I guess we gonna have more this month.

5 minutes ago, Archi said:

Angele - Anne Marie - Limp Bizkit - Turnstile. That's an original Main Stage

Waiting more names before taking a combi ticket but I'll already buy a ticket for the Friday today. And see what's happens next. Another announcement of 11 bands next Wednesday? @Ken19 said we gonna have multiple announcements from the festival. I guess we gonna have more this month.

I think we'll get 11-15-ish names each Wednesday.

1 hour ago, VCF said:

Any chance this sells out early doors because of the Billie effect?

Really tempted to finally give PKP a go. August should be fun anyway with Blur early on and Cala Mijas to end the summer.

Doubt it personally. Friday day tickets will most likely sell out before Combis do. 

Got our combi's for edition #14 for me and #2 for my lad!

When you consider we've so far got 27 names out of 200 (about 1/8 of the line up), it's all looking very promising. Of those we know, I'd happily watch over half of them so really looking forward to the coming weeks when the poster starts to fill out!

• Upvote 6

34 minutes ago, Semprini said:

Got our combi's for edition #14 for me and #2 for my lad!

When you consider we've so far got 27 names out of 200 (about 1/8 of the line up), it's all looking very promising. Of those we know, I'd happily watch over half of them so really looking forward to the coming weeks when the poster starts to fill out!

See you there (edition #19 for us)!

• Upvote 3

Got combi tickets for the wife and I. Very excited. 

A couple of questions for the veterans if you’d oblige:

1. I notice that the festival is listed as 4 days (Thu 17th - Sun 20th) but the line up page of the website only has Fri/Sat/Sun listed. Is Thursday more of an opening party type affair or will there be a full line up similar to the other days?
  2. There are obviously a huge number of acts still to be announced but I assume that they lead with their biggest names. Are the names likely to get progressively more niche with each new announcement?
  3. What is the deal with food and drinks vouchers? Worth doing? What sort of saving are you looking at? Is the festival voucher only or can you pay with contactless once you’re there?
  4. What sort of facilities should I expect at the campground? I booked Camping Chill. 
  5. I will be driving from Eindhoven, what is the situation with car parking at the festival site? Also how long should I set aside for getting through border control between Netherlands and Belgium?

39 minutes ago, Kaboom Boxer said:

Got combi tickets for the wife and I. Very excited. 

A couple of questions for the veterans if you’d oblige:

1. I notice that the festival is listed as 4 days (Thu 17th - Sun 20th) but the line up page of the website only has Fri/Sat/Sun listed. Is Thursday more of an opening party type affair or will there be a full line up similar to the other days?
  2. There are obviously a huge number of acts still to be announced but I assume that they lead with their biggest names. Are the names likely to get progressively more niche with each new announcement?
  3. What is the deal with food and drinks vouchers? Worth doing? What sort of saving are you looking at? Is the festival voucher only or can you pay with contactless once you’re there?
  4. What sort of facilities should I expect at the campground? I booked Camping Chill. 
  5. I will be driving from Eindhoven, what is the situation with car parking at the festival site? Also how long should I set aside for getting through border control between Netherlands and Belgium?

Welcome!

1. More of an opening party. Only half the site (the dance half) is open, and only from 8pm. There are a few bands and DJs, (almost) all Belgian acts. They don't sell Thursday tickets - entrance is with a Friday or a combi ticket.

2. Last few years they have dropped a large number of names right at the start, so doing it in dribs and drabs like this is a new thing - we'll have to see how it pans out.

3. You can only pay with tokens (vouchers) for food and drink, so worth getting some in advance. No contactless. Almost all drinks (except fizzy wines I think) are 1 token each - food varies depending on whether you're looking for a bag of chips/fries or a bowl of mussels or something in between.

4. I'll let someone else answer this. I haven't camped since 2008, when it was fairly cramped and basic. By all accounts it's much better now.

5. The road outside the festival is closed to normal traffic from Thursday to Monday, so the nearest car parks are north and south of there (you'll be coming from the north). The nearest on both sides are about a 10-minute walk from the entrance I think.

As for the border, I'm guessing you're not from Benelux? There haven't been any border controls between Benelux countries since 1970 - more than 20 years before even Schengen was a thing. Coming from Eindhoven you'll cross the border at about 50kmh, so it'll take around 0.1 seconds depending on how big your car is...!

• Thanks 1