Pukkelpop 2023

Archi

Because people started to speak about Pukkelpop 2023 in the topic from this year, I think it's time to create the new one 🙂

1 hour ago, foolee said:

If the Reading festival rumours are true of Green Day, MGK, Foals, Billie Eilish, Sam Fender and KSI would we expect any of these at Pukkelpop? Hoping for Green Say and MGK, Foals would be nice too. 

Hard to say which bands will play both. 

Reading 2022: Rage Against The Machine, Dave, Megan Thee Stallion, Arctic Monkeys, Bring Me The Horizon, Halsey.
Pukkelpop 2022: SlipKnot, Arctic Monkeys, Tame Impala, Charlotte De Witte, Cypress Hill, Oscar And The Wolf.

I'd love to have Billie Eilish and MGK for sure! About Green Day, why not, if there're anything more rare and fresh available. Bands like Foals or Sam Fender could be possible as they woudn't be headliners in Belgium.

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, DDave said:

Predictions based on it reverting to a normal Pukkelpop format

Anne Marie / Lizzo / CDW

The War on Drugs / The XX / Disclosure

Macklemore / Green Day or Billie Eilish

Undercard - Phoenix, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Foals, Burna Boy, Idles, Yungblud, 2manyDjs

Is there any indication whatsoever that the xx are going to tour? Oliver just dropped a solo album and I haven't heard anything of new music

I'd be all for it. Seen them in Australia about 5 years ago. Never been so surprised and impressed from live adaptations 

Edited by Ohad

Macklemore just announce a show in Brussels on 17 April. If it's a potential headliner, I hope his show gonna sell out quickly as it's 4 more before Pukkel. Really hope Billie Eilish will be back there in August! But wherever she played, I gonna be there...

• 2 weeks later...

I guess if they got the budget to do SlipKnot/Arctic Monkeys/Tame Impala in 2022, Pukkelpop should have the budget to do Billie Eilish/The Strokes/Florence And The Machines. And this Hear Hear Festival is certainly not coming back after the small success from this year... more a one-shot to bring a few acts there than something concrete for the future.

• Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, johnybegood said:

Do you think that booking a big rock/metal act as headliner was successful to Pukkelpop? 

It was the 1st time since Linkin Park 2015 that they took that decision.

If Green Day is available for taking this slot in 2023 do you think that they will book them? Do you think that Backyard stage will remain alive?

About the SlipKnot show, it wasn't such a big success I think. Got friends who were there and it was the worst show they've ever seen from the band because it wasn't their usual audience at all. For Bring Me The Horizon on Sunday, it wasn't good either. It was the first time they've booked a metal headliner since... Iron Maiden, which wasn't a success either. Don't think they'll try it again soon. About Linkin Park, they were not considered anymore as a metal band in 2015. They were a rock band like Pukkelpop sometimes booked, like Foo Fighters a few years before. 

About Green Day, I'd love to see them at Pukkelpop. With the bands potentially on tour, they could/should surf on the pop-punk vibes revival with booking Green Day and put Paramore as sub. Would be such a good one. And if Yungblud is in the area...

About the Backyard Stage, fingers crossed they keep it. It was such a good line-up this year. The stage I went the most with the Marquee.

Edited by Archi

2 hours ago, Archi said:

About the SlipKnot show, it wasn't such a big success I think. Got friends who were there and it was the worst show they've ever seen from the band because it wasn't their usual audience at all. For Bring Me The Horizon on Sunday, it wasn't good either. It was the first time they've booked a metal headliner since... Iron Maiden, which wasn't a success either. Don't think they'll try it again soon. About Linkin Park, they were not considered anymore as a metal band in 2015. They were a rock band like Pukkelpop sometimes booked, like Foo Fighters a few years before. 

About Green Day, I'd love to see them at Pukkelpop. With the bands potentially on tour, they could/should surf on the pop-punk vibes revival with booking Green Day and put Paramore as sub. Would be such a good one. And if Yungblud is in the area...

About the Backyard Stage, fingers crossed they keep it. It was such a good line-up this year. The stage I went the most with the Marquee.

Why wasn't Iron Maiden a success? The 2010 festival sold out for the first time ever and I remember that was a great gig with the Main Stage packed.

2 hours ago, johnybegood said:

Why wasn't Iron Maiden a success? The 2010 festival sold out for the first time ever and I remember that was a great gig with the Main Stage packed.

It did sell out. Really disappointed with the set personally but it was a ticket shifter. 

Anyway. I'd be down for Green Day and definitely for Paramore. 

Yungblud I'm sure will be there. High spot on the Main. 

Strokes would have an air of the Stone Roses or LCD about it. Great booking but I could see a small crowd for them. 

17 hours ago, Archi said:

About Iron Maiden, I wasn't there but I got friend there who didn't really like it and I remember the story about someone in the crowd using a laser gadget in the crowd and always target Bruce. Or was it at Rock Werchter?!

It was at Werchter, were Bruce also was annoyed because he had to play at daylight. Werchter put Black Eyed Peas after Iron Maiden. 

Billie Eilish is a cert for this I think given the Sziget dates. Big question is do we get Blur? Slim chance but you never know

Headliners can be probably whittled down to 3 of BE, Florence, Blur, Stormzy, and Imagine Dragons. 

I'll go BE, Florence and Stormzy with Macklemore closing the Florence night. 

Please not imagine dragons, they are utter shite. 

5 minutes ago, DDave said:

Billie Eilish is a cert for this I think given the Sziget dates. Big question is do we get Blur? Slim chance but you never know

Headliners can be probably whittled down to 3 of BE, Florence, Blur, Stormzy, and Imagine Dragons. 

I'll go BE, Florence and Stormzy with Macklemore closing the Florence night. 

Please not imagine dragons, they are utter shite. 

so no guitar headliners at all, after an edition with Slipknot, Arctic Monkeys and Tame Impala?