Pukkelpop 2023

Archi

Pukkelpop 2019 : Tame Impala + Post Malone + Twenty One Pilots.
Pukkelpop 2018 : Kendrick Lamar + Oscar And The Wolf + Arcade Fire.
Pukkelpop 2017 : Mumford and Sons + The XX + Bastille.
Pukkelpop 2016 : Rihana + LCD Soundsystem + The Chemical Brothers.

I know Imagine Dragons and The Killers aren't the best examples of rock. Billie Eilish is of course not a rock act. My point was it's rare to have 2 "rock kind acts" as headliners at Pukkelpop. Even if 2022 makes me wrong.

Btw, I love vanilla as much as I listen to hardcore every day 🙂 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, DDave said:

Pretty weak announcements from Oya and Flow Festival. Surely there's headliners to come? 

https://www.loudandquiet.com/short/caroline-polachek-fka-twigs-jockstrap-and-devo-will-all-play-flow-festival-next-year/

20221214_093531.jpg

I agree, Devo are a nice surprise to me but didn't think they could be headliner material.

I see a general lack in inspiration. I'm with you in this Bored Festival-Fans Club.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, gigi21 said:

I agree, Devo are a nice surprise to me but didn't think they could be headliner material.

Would love it if Devo showed up at PKP, but they've never been headliner material in all their 50 years together.

At the risk of betraying my own age, they played at my first-ever festival. It was also their first-ever festival in Europe...

53 minutes ago, gigi21 said:

I see a general lack in inspiration. I'm with you in this Bored Festival-Fans Club.

Seems like (according to their press release), that only Sigrid is a headliner (and Håkan Hellström).

1 hour ago, DDave said:

Pretty weak announcements from Oya and Flow Festival. Surely there's headliners to come? 

https://www.loudandquiet.com/short/caroline-polachek-fka-twigs-jockstrap-and-devo-will-all-play-flow-festival-next-year/

20221214_093531.jpg

The other leg in the Scandinavian weekend, Way Out West, is also fairly slow with announcements so far, but have two big headliners already in Blur and Hakan Hellstrom (who is massive in the context of Way Out West) to drive pre-Christmas sales.  The undercard so far is almost directly crossed over with Oya and Flow (Amyl, Polachek, TV Girl), apart from they have The Blessed Madonna too.

Wouldn't be a big surprise to see Blur added to Oya and/or Flow.

4 hours ago, johnybegood said:

It's unbelieveable that a 15k festival like Lokerse has stolen a name like Blur to Pukkelpop. It won't be so expensive if their tickets are just 60€ per day. I don't care if they have already booked all their headliners (Imagine Dragons, Netsky or Editors for their 5th time), you cannot miss such a big oportunity.

Don't forget that the last (only) time they were booked for PKP in 1997, they pulled out at the very last moment, dumping Chokri in the shit by leaving him no time at all to find a replacement. It would not surprise me at all if that caused some lingering bad blood and prompted the PKP organising committee to place Blur on the "never book them again" blacklist (later, we assume, to be joined by Rihanna). I know I'd be pissed off if my headline act left me in a big hole with only a few hours' warning.

Edited by Trufflehound
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Trufflehound said:

Don't forget that the last (only) time they were booked for PKP in 1997, they pulled out at the very last moment, dumping Chokri in the shit by leaving him no time at all to find a replacement. It would not surprise me at all if that caused some lingering bad blood and prompted the PKP organising committee to place Blur on the "never book them again" blacklist (later, we assume, to be joined by Rihanna). I know I'd be pissed off if my headline act left me in a big hole with only a few hours' warning.

Wow! what a rancorous guy is Chokri!! 25 years since this issue...

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, DDave said:

Goldband are at RW Boutique

Also Core. Given their popularity in Belgium/Holland, they're definitely still a contender for Pukkelpop.

edit: they also played Pkp last year, so that makes them a little less likely!

Edited by polnico
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Happy New Year all. 

Someone has done a clashfinder with Billie Eilish (Fri) Florence + Imagine Dragons (Sat) and Angele and the Killers on the Sunday (they are the only names). Someone has also mentioned on the Lowlands festileaks board that one of their headliners is Belgian so Angele makes sense. 

Not saying its right but It looks realistic to me and headliners I'd be fairly happy with having not seen the Killers or Florence before. Shouldn't be too long till we get Lowlands first names. 

Edited by DDave

3 hours ago, DDave said:

Happy New Year all. 

Someone has done a clashfinder with Billie Eilish (Fri) Florence + Imagine Dragons (Sat) and Angele and the Killers on the Sunday (they are the only names). Someone has also mentioned on the Lowlands festileaks board that one of their headliners is Belgian so Angele makes sense. 

Not saying its right but It looks realistic to me and headliners I'd be fairly happy with having not seen the Killers or Florence before. Shouldn't be too long till we get Lowlands first names. 

Except Florence, I'd be very happy with these headliners! And it's seems really realistic to me.