Download 2024

FeverDream

3 hours ago, Xeph1995 said:

Seeing a band headline a festival is different to a tour, I for one personally prefer the festival environment, I’ll have seen Qosta 3 times by the end of the year and will still get a ticket for the day to see them headline download.

I suppose it can have it's benefits and depends on the band. Seeing Metallica do the black album or playing Glastonbury will go down in my greatest of all time shows I've been to, seeing them at the O2 not so much. 

Festivals give you the opportunity to see something special. Annoyingly though, download seems to opt for the most dialed in performance. 

I like QOTSA, but seeing them at a festival is boring, they won't play anything special, they don't have a mega open air stage show. There's not alot of value over seeing them over their own show beyond it being a full day of music.

3 hours ago, BenG92 said:

I'll tell you right now before they're even booked that it's 25 years of Iron Maiden.

3 hours ago, BenG92 said:

god help us. Maiden at download has to be the most dialed in uninspired show of them all. 

3 hours ago, Nice to Michu said:

Funny you mention Shikari, they are still yet to be given a main stage slot at Download. 

I just don't get Shikari. They tour constantly, always get a decent spot on festival lineups. Hopefully they shot their shot at Pilot and will fade into obscurity soon with too many consecutive crap album

19 minutes ago, skillfulperson said:

I suppose it can have it's benefits and depends on the band. Seeing Metallica do the black album or playing Glastonbury will go down in my greatest of all time shows I've been to, seeing them at the O2 not so much. 

Festivals give you the opportunity to see something special. Annoyingly though, download seems to opt for the most dialed in performance. 

I like QOTSA, but seeing them at a festival is boring, they won't play anything special, they don't have a mega open air stage show. There's not alot of value over seeing them over their own show beyond it being a full day of music.

god help us. Maiden at download has to be the most dialed in uninspired show of them all. 

I just don't get Shikari. They tour constantly, always get a decent spot on festival lineups. Hopefully they shot their shot at Pilot and will fade into obscurity soon with too many consecutive crap album

This just isn’t true imo, saw them Headline the Other Stage at Glastonbury this year and it was an absolute Seminal Performance, top 3 live sets I’ve ever seen, I have no doubt they will smash it at download.  

They have been on absolute fire this tour, everyone who’s seen them has said the same, Josh has said recently he’s fallen back in love with playing again. 

The vibe is the feral festival atmosphere Josh loves it, he was playing it up all set at Glasto. 

I don’t watch a band for a big stage show either, actually think it distracts from the music. 

Edited by Xeph1995

So Pantera playing 3rd Saturday main with Bad Omens and WSS taking the other spots. Corey Taylor and Sum 41 taking two of the second stage headline spots. Billy Talent, The Used and Baby Metal 4th down?

Sum 41 are also clearly going to play their own dates after this due to it being their last UK Festival show

Edited by northernangel

3 minutes ago, northernangel said:

So Pantera playing 3rd Saturday main with Bad Omens and WSS taking the other spots. Corey Taylor and Sum 41 taking two of the second stage headline spots. Billy Talent, The Used and Baby Metal 4th down?

Sum 41 are also clearly going to play their own dates after this due to it being their last UK Festival show

I was thinking Billy Talent and the Used might headline the Avalanche stage. 

2 minutes ago, 49Lawson said:

I know it only dropped officially 5 mins ago, but a quick trawl through the socials and I am yet to see one positive comment haha

Judging by another poster I have seen, it suggests Corey Taylor may be 3rd on main under Royal Blood and Bad Omens heading other but at 50 I doubt Corey can do that. Probably another pattern I don't know of as well with other bands. I would definitely attend Nova Rock over this, not getting Mudvayne is a bad score too. I know they could be added later but they are surely not a band they you would not leave out now.

1 minute ago, JimMacVeigh said:

I was thinking Billy Talent and the Used might headline the Avalanche stage. 

They might, I don't think so though.

What a heap of trash lineup

Interesting one.

Person on the Download forums who did indeed post the 2023 headliners, in order, during that leak (even Lee didn't post about Slipknot confidently) says the below:

"This is exactly what happened. Rammstein were booked and then cancelled after Til's issues... A7X were always on there, System of a Down were supposed to be too. Prodigy were offered a spot, as were Limp Bizkit. Not sure why they're not playing tbh."

Hello if you're here by the way.

41 minutes ago, BenG92 said:

Interesting one.

Person on the Download forums who did indeed post the 2023 headliners, in order, during that leak (even Lee didn't post about Slipknot confidently) says the below:

"This is exactly what happened. Rammstein were booked and then cancelled after Til's issues... A7X were always on there, System of a Down were supposed to be too. Prodigy were offered a spot, as were Limp Bizkit. Not sure why they're not playing tbh."

If true its bonkers that Rammstein were cancelled after Till's issues but Pantera and Slaughter To Prevail are both there. Especially as Till was obviously cleared by police whereas all Phil Anselmo has done is made a lame ass half apology and Slaughter To Prevail have just doubled down on their hate of trans people. And not the same level but Royal Blood have had their own controversy too insulting crowd members. 

1 hour ago, BenG92 said:

Price for 5 nights camping is £350 with 10% off Barclaycard presale.

Not great. 

Ridiculous price. Absolute joke. 

1 minute ago, JimMacVeigh said:

To me, it’s perfectly acceptable as a lineup. However, it’s not £350 acceptable!

£350 seems nuts for a three day lineup Download. Is this just the standard for festivals now or have they gone a bit far on that pricing? I know Glastonbury is similar/more… but that’s Glastonbury. 

2 minutes ago, FloopFiller said:

£350 seems nuts for a three day lineup Download. Is this just the standard for festivals now or have they gone a bit far on that pricing? I know Glastonbury is similar/more… but that’s Glastonbury. 

Plus Glastonbury have like 60+ stages. Download has 4 in arena plus a couple tents in the village. And gone 9pm they only have main stage in arena. 

1 hour ago, chazwwe said:

£350 for the 5 days is STEEP.

Yup. It means a day ticket is going to cost you £110 then also £35 for a car parking pass as they are the same price as weekend. Based on two people that's close to £130 for a day for fees. Passing heavy here.

6 minutes ago, JimMacVeigh said:

To me, it’s perfectly acceptable as a lineup. However, it’s not £350 acceptable!

The it's not percectly acceptable. It is a lineup based on £350 of booking.

1 hour ago, BenG92 said:

Interesting one.

My guess is The Prodigy have accepted to play Glastonbury and possibly another another with IOW ruling Download out. Limp Bizkit have been offered a Reading spot. If they are playing Pinkpop then the only reason I see then turning down Download is if they were only offered a 3rd down spot/Second stage headliner and have been offered a sub spot at Reading. There is no way I see them playing Knotfest as Andy would be behind that anyway.

1 minute ago, northernangel said:

My guess is The Prodigy have accepted to play Glastonbury and possibly another another with IOW ruling Download out. Limp Bizkit have been offered a Reading spot. If they are playing Pinkpop then the only reason I see then turning down Download is if they were only offered a 3rd down spot/Second stage headliner and have been offered a sub spot at Reading. There is no way I see them playing Knotfest as Andy would be behind that anyway.

Prodigy pulled out of Boomtown this year (medical reasons) so I would have thought they'd be going back there. No idea for certain but you'd think it so. 

13 minutes ago, Spiral_Low said:

Prodigy pulled out of Boomtown this year (medical reasons) so I would have thought they'd be going back there. No idea for certain but you'd think it so. 

Yeah I mean IOW, Boomtown and Glastonbury certainly adds up for them. I imagine The Prodigy were offered sub Friday and said no. It wouldn't dark enough because it's too earlier now too due to second stage playing first. The Prodigy aren't starting at 7pm and even 8pm on the second stage is too light. When Placebo gor example started this year, The Prodigy would be dead and would mean they are seen as a 3rd down band.

I like that lineup.

But as we say, not at that price.

6 hours ago, BenG92 said:

I'll tell you right now before they're even booked that it's 25 years of Iron Maiden.

The old guard will collectively fall to their knees - which is a bad idea, because it's hard for them to get back up - and proclaim that Download is back, it's saved, thank god, and that 2 hour set will be all they needed to buy a weekend ticket to see the boys for the 5th time. 

That sounded less mean in my head. Really do think it'll be Maiden and happy for anyone that goes. 

Presuming they don't drag The Future Past Tour into 2025 - which given they've gone out of their way to tackle North America in the late autumn, in what's quite the unusual move even accounting for Bruce's solo shows, and have finally got those long-awaited Japan and Australia/NZ dates in the mix - I think you'll be bang on the money that they start up their Fifty Years of the Beast Tour, or whatever it would be called.

And, to be fair, given they missed Download when playing the better leg of their Legacy of the Beast Tour, this could work out nicely for a hit parade.

Aces High
2 Minutes to Midnight
El Dorado
The Trooper
Death or Glory
Killers
Phantom of the Opera
Dance of Death
The Number of the Beast
10 The Evil That Men Do
11 Fear of the Dark
12 Iron Maiden

13 Bring Your Daughter...to the Slaughter
14 Hallowed Be Thy Name
15 Run to the Hills

9 hours ago, northernangel said:

Id have thought Pantera headline 2nd to pull away all the FOB haters