Download 2024

FeverDream

There's a lot they've never done before - like had to approach 21 potential headliners. Think we need to let go of rigidity on "poster rules". Start giving Avalanche subs a logo, why not. 

Shikari are 100% due to be announced after they've sold this tour, bet they're not best pleased about that Livenation / BBC leak, but hey ho. 

24 minutes ago, BenG92 said:

There's a lot they've never done before - like had to approach 21 potential headliners. Think we need to let go of rigidity on "poster rules". Start giving Avalanche subs a logo, why not. 

Shikari are 100% due to be announced after they've sold this tour, bet they're not best pleased about that Livenation / BBC leak, but hey ho. 

I mean I hope Shikari play 2024 cuz I'm not gonna go, and means one more logo spot free in 2025 😉 No disrespect to them, just not for me. 

Edited by Spiral_Low

1 hour ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

I'd wager they'd not be big enough to justify it, even with a stacked undercard, but Tool could be a wild card for BST.

Who knows.

Nah, they said 'Europe and UK tour'. Last time they did 2 dates at O2 arena and then 1 each in Brum and Manchester. I think they do similar again. 

4 hours ago, Archi said:

I'm wondering where the actual headliners were on the list... I guess Avenged Sevenfold were high in the list: it sounded so natural to have them here (and all festivals). But Fall Out Boy and QOTSA... At least one of them were late in the preferences...

Wouldn’t be surprised if it’s Fall Out Boy as they have no plans in for next year as far as I’m aware 

Just now, luckysalt said:

The fact that in that interview he made sure he namechecked Biffy Clyro and then said fans need to get behind these acts and not be so dismissive, oh you better bet your life he's planning that they are going to be a Download headliner every single album cycle from now on. 

Good. 

15 minutes ago, luckysalt said:

The fact that in that interview he made sure he namechecked Biffy Clyro and then said fans need to get behind these acts and not be so dismissive, oh you better bet your life he's planning that they are going to be a Download headliner every single album cycle from now on. 

It’s all well and good him saying that but it’s literally his fault the festival shunned those types of acts as headliners for so long so that by the time they were finally given the gig the core audience wasn’t on board with it. Suppose there was no way he could know that metal/rock would fall out of the mainstream so hard and stop producing new headliners, but he’s also put f**k all effort in to rectifying that. 

1 hour ago, Andre91 said:

Bad Omens are headlining the second stage on the Friday. Andy Copping said so on the Kerrang Breakfast Show yesterday. 

I like Bad Omens but are they really that big? Have they done a full size sold out academy tour over here? I’m sure they have history being abit diva like.

Edited by Nice to Michu

13 minutes ago, Nice to Michu said:

I like Bad Omens but are they really that big? Have they done a full size sold out academy tour over here? I’m sure they have history being abit diva like.

They main support to BMTH in arenas but they’ve blown up unbelievably in the last year. I’m sure they’ll do the slot justice and will look a solid booking come June. 

Sleep Token will sub Main in 2025. Mark my words. 

4 hours ago, luckysalt said:

Not good if that happens. 

2 hours ago, Andre91 said:

Bad Omens are headlining the second stage on the Friday. Andy Copping said so on the Kerrang Breakfast Show yesterday. 

Yeah I'm fairly sure Corey and WSS are 3rd downs and Bad Omens, Shikari and Sum 41 are second stage headliners.

5 hours ago, northernangel said:

Yeah I'm fairly sure Corey and WSS are 3rd downs and Bad Omens, Shikari and Sum 41 are second stage headliners.

I assumed Pantera were gonna be headlining second on the Saturday, or are they more likely to be third on the Sunday? Neither Enter Shikari nor Sum 41 seem like good counter billing for FOB. 

I think it’ll probably be this with the potential for Corey and WSS to swap. I don’t really believe that Enter Shikari will be announced, I think that was a mistake and we’ve got all the logo acts. 

Queens of the Stone Age
Royal Blood
While She Sleeps

Bad Omens

The Used

Fall Out Boy
The Offspring
Baby Metal

Pantera

Billy Talent

Avenged Sevenfold
Machine Head
Corey Taylor

SUM 41

Bowling For Soup

4 hours ago, FloopFiller said:

I assumed Pantera were gonna be headlining second on the Saturday, or are they more likely to be third on the Sunday? Neither Enter Shikari nor Sum 41 seem like good counter billing for FOB. 

Probably right. Does it need to be good counter billing given they won't clash?

3 hours ago, foolee said:

I think it’ll probably be this with the potential for Corey and WSS to swap. I don’t really believe that Enter Shikari will be announced, I think that was a mistake and we’ve got all the logo acts. 

Queens of the Stone Age
Royal Blood
While She Sleeps

Bad Omens

The Used

Fall Out Boy
The Offspring
Baby Metal

Pantera

Billy Talent

Avenged Sevenfold
Machine Head
Corey Taylor

SUM 41

Bowling For Soup

I do think ES will be there but this looks about right.  It's so weak mind you.

13 minutes ago, callum97 said:

Shikari weren’t announced as they have a bucket load of tickets left to sell for the Feb UK tour, it makes sense to hold them back. 

Oh it makes sense of course, I just think the information was incorrect as I don’t see why Download would give us all these logo acts to then downgrade someone as this wouldn’t go down well with said downgraded band. When bands are booked at festivals their placement on posters is actually discussed so either Enter Shikari aren’t playing or more logo acts will be on the poster this year. For some reason I can see them doing Trees instead. 

15 minutes ago, callum97 said:

Shikari weren’t announced as they have a bucket load of tickets left to sell for the Feb UK tour, it makes sense to hold them back. 

Flashbacks to everyone knowing QOTSA were headlining Other against Elton 3 months early thanks to the Guardian (pretty sure the info was out anyway)