Download 2024

FeverDream

• 4 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, Optix said:

Friday being same price is a little sting but the Saturday or Sunday seem like much better values when its only 5 pounds more than a slam dunk ticket.

That car park cost is a rip off though.

Car park pass is what’s peeved me off, to be honest. I can just about stomach £124 for a Friday day ticket as combined gigs for QOTSA, Royal Blood and Bad Omens is likely more than that. I was thinking £20 max for the car park pass! Annoying you have to pay the same amount as a weekend ticket holder would.

Edited by FeverDream

19 hours ago, FeverDream said:

Car park pass is what’s peeved me off, to be honest. I can just about stomach £124 for a Friday day ticket as combined gigs for QOTSA, Royal Blood and Bad Omens is likely more than that. I was thinking £20 max for the car park pass! Annoying you have to pay the same amount as a weekend ticket holder would.

The car parking costs for Download are the biggest jokes out there.

Also when it comes to the bands and you comparing prices, remember Royal Blood aren't playing the same length set you would usually see and inside you are guaranteed to be dry because they don't play other than indoor gigs, Bad Omens relatively the same. I've never know how gig vs festival is the same comparison. Even at £125 for a day ticket it would have to be something I really really cannot miss and these days I don't think anything would tick the box.

3 hours ago, northernangel said:

Also when it comes to the bands and you comparing prices, remember Royal Blood aren't playing the same length set you would usually see and inside you are guaranteed to be dry because they don't play other than indoor gigs, Bad Omens relatively the same. I've never know how gig vs festival is the same comparison. Even at £125 for a day ticket it would have to be something I really really cannot miss and these days I don't think anything would tick the box.

Aye yeah, good point about the set times. Now I come to think of it the 3 bands I mentioned that made me buy a Friday ticket I have actually seen within the last year… definitely feels less value for money today than it did when I bought the ticket yesterday. Anyhow I’m sure I’ll have a decent time and here’s hoping the weather delivers 

Edited by FeverDream

Just now, FeverDream said:

Aye yeah, good point about the set times. Now I come to think of it the 3 bands I mentioned that made me buy a Friday ticket I have actually seen within the last year… definitely feels less value for money today and it did when I bought the ticket yesterday. Anyhow I’m sure I’ll have a decent time and here’s hoping the weather delivers 

I always go with the notion of needing about 4/5 bands that aren't just a....if I catch them including a headliner. Just because what today's prices are doesn't mean they are worth it lol.

On 4/24/2024 at 8:17 AM, northernangel said:

Yeah I wish they would give bands longer setlists. There are several bands playing lower on the bill that would get me to go to this year of they had longer sets. But as it I know many of them will play Bristol (which is a short train ride for me) so it feels better value to see them do headline sets locally. 

Download have announced their District X after hours entertainment.

Sullivan King is an unreal booking and one of the best of the entire festival. It’s his first ever UK show. He’s a DJ who mixes dubstep with metal, playing live guitar and doing vocals. His shows look insane and it’s going to go off in the tent when he plays. I’m looking forward to seeing him more than a lot of the lineup. 

IMG_3061.jpeg

Edited by Andre91

3 hours ago, Spiral_Low said:

Yeah I wish they would give bands longer setlists. There are several bands playing lower on the bill that would get me to go to this year of they had longer sets. But as it I know many of them will play Bristol (which is a short train ride for me) so it feels better value to see them do headline sets locally. 

Thing is its normal that bands playing lower down will get shorter sets

On 4/25/2024 at 10:35 PM, northernangel said:

Thing is its normal that bands playing lower down will get shorter sets

Well yes but Download gives them shorter sets than other fests like Arctangent would. Like they give Dogtooth headliners only 45 mins? And the rest on that stage only 30 mins? Other fests give a stage headliner at least an hour. And other fests give a stage sub / third down at least like 40-45 mins. 

Edited by Spiral_Low