Crowds Changing At Gigs

Chess 2

Hi guys, I can’t access my old account (@Chess) as I’ve forgotten my password so I’ve had to make a second one as I would like a pose a question to you guys.

What do you make of members of the audience chanting while the band is on stage? Last night at my band’s (Gilla Band) gig the audience started a chant of “Lizzie’s in a box” while we were on and frankly I wanted them all to shut up so would get on with it.

And then at the end of the gig one bald guy in the crowd kept screaming “A BIT LATE TO BE AT A SPA” at me and I have no idea what he meant. Anyone on here got any ideas?

Cheers.

You attract some strange people!, Lizzies in a box must be referring to the Queen, maybe they were Smiths fans and wanted "the Queen is dead" (I'm assuming you were referring to a Manchester gig). As for "A bit late to be at a spa" I can only assume you misheard and they said something like " a bit late to be a XXXXXX" no idea what it could be though! If it was a good gig other than the chanting I wouldn't worry about it.

I’m finding people are now going to gigs to say they’ve been and put in on socials rather than actually being interested. This obviously isn’t everyone but when it’s one or two it’s noticeable. You also find a lot of people filming whole gigs now rather than enjoying the moment. Two guys behind me at the Taylor Hawkins show in September were talking about work, just stay in the pub/bar or let someone else have a ticket that will enjoy it rather than ruin it for others. 

7 hours ago, Mark E. Spliff said:

And they started their post with 'Hi guys'...  Other than actually having 'TROLL OR SPAMMER' tattooed on their forehead, I'm not sure what else they can do to make it more obvious.

Use a large font size?

12 hours ago, Chess 2 said:

Hi guys, I can’t access my old account (@Chess) as I’ve forgotten my password so I’ve had to make a second one as I would like a pose a question to you guys.

What do you make of members of the audience chanting while the band is on stage? Last night at my band’s (Gilla Band) gig the audience started a chant of “Lizzie’s in a box” while we were on and frankly I wanted them all to shut up so would get on with it.

And then at the end of the gig one bald guy in the crowd kept screaming “A BIT LATE TO BE AT A SPA” at me and I have no idea what he meant. Anyone on here got any ideas?

Cheers.

Can't say I've noticed this to be honest, shouting random shit happens but not chanting that I've heard.

I'm mainly replying to say how fucking good your new album is. Congratulations. Hope the tour has gone well.

14 hours ago, Mark E. Spliff said:

And they started their post with 'Hi guys'...  Other than actually having 'TROLL OR SPAMMER' tattooed on their forehead, I'm not sure what else they can do to make it more obvious.

I do believe it's a troll but what's so off about saying "Hi guys"? Its a common introduction isn't it?

Edited by Enkidu

30 minutes ago, Enkidu said:

I do believe it's a troll but what's so off about saying "Hi guys"? Its a common introduction isn't it?

It is on US forums, but when used by a new poster on a UK forum, it's almost always a spammer.  However, after reading Benali's post above, I googled the Gilla Band and am not as sure about the OP as I was - i.e. they sound like the sort of band that might knowingly do a clunky forum post.