2024 Festival

Chad888

13 hours ago, Dukey said:

What are the chances of Sleep Token? Can’t see them being added to Download now.. 

Incredibly slim as they played 2023. I still expect them to be announced for Download. If not, then UK arena tour in the Autumn. Can't see them not capitalising unless they're just knackered or don't want to push themselves too hard on the audience.

7 hours ago, Gejonimo said:

Incredibly slim as they played 2023. I still expect them to be announced for Download. If not, then UK arena tour in the Autumn. Can't see them not capitalising unless they're just knackered or don't want to push themselves too hard on the audience.

If there's any UK festivals next year I expect them to be headlining 2000 trees.

It's the last chance they have to book them before they're too big, and I'm sure they'd like a chance to headline. Download doesn't really have a spot big enough for them.

16 hours ago, Andre91 said:

Sleepy T to headline Trees this summer, do a winter arena tour (including the O2) and then sub the Main Stage at DL25. That’s my guess for their plans. 

Apparently the ATG/Trees organisers neither can afford Sleep Token nor want to book them. 

They booked them for ATG back in 2019 so who knows. 

Edited by 3Dimensions

1 hour ago, 3Dimensions said:

Apparently the ATG/Trees organisers neither can afford Sleep Token nor want to book them. 

They booked them for ATG back in 2019 so who knows. 

Yeah I can see Sleep Token already being out of their price range given how quickly they’ve shot up over the last year.

Can also understand them not wanting to book them because Sleep Token are dogshit. 

34 minutes ago, FloopFiller said:

Yeah I can see Sleep Token already being out of their price range given how quickly they’ve shot up over the last year.

Can also understand them not wanting to book them because Sleep Token are dogshit. 

One of my fav bands, I love them. But some of the new fans that have joined since The Summoning released certainly wouldn’t fit with the vibe of the fest. Can perfectly understand why they wouldn’t want to book them. 

On 1/6/2024 at 9:03 AM, nathanh said:

A post on reddit states that they work within event production and an artist has 1Xtra Stage down as an upcoming booking behind the scenes. If they were combining stages to create the bigger tent, I dont know why 1Xtra would stay.

I can only imagine they’d rebrand the dance tent, it’s the only one remotely big enough to remodel as a multi-genre big tent

12 hours ago, andyrhodes24 said:

I can only imagine they’d rebrand the dance tent, it’s the only one remotely big enough to remodel as a multi-genre big tent

I would of thought that they would substitute 2 of the smaller tents (dance/1xtra or comedy/1xtra) in replacement for a stage the original size of R1, leaving space still for the two main stage set up. 

35 minutes ago, Gejonimo said:

Korn doing some outdoor shows in August with Spiritbox playing with them in London. Get them on Blink-Prodigy-Spiritbox day and I'll slam my credit card down for a day ticket.

These shows make KoRn almost certainly unavailable for R&L. 

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, Gejonimo said:

Korn doing some outdoor shows in August with Spiritbox playing with them in London. Get them on Blink-Prodigy-Spiritbox day and I'll slam my credit card down for a day ticket.

I'd say that show being announced makes the chance of them at the festival virtually non existent