2024 Festival

Chad888

53 minutes ago, Benj said:

To add some anecdotal evidence to this and also at the same time perhaps evidence Chad’s-what you hear is what you hear is big…My 18 year old nice is obsessed with SZA and would without doubt think her nothing other than MSE

Fair enough then. I don't think I'd twigged she'd done so many nights on the bounce at The O2.

2 hours ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

Fair enough then. I don't think I'd twigged she'd done so many nights on the bounce at The O2.

No one really knows which is why these random guesses only to always be surpised keep us coming back

5 hours ago, Benj said:

Nah, they were one of the good ones that clearly were doing something different, a little more interesting 

BBC and Macabees were clearly, ultimately the stand out performers of that era/ subgenre.

Prob forgot a couple more who weren’t sh*t, the top 4 would mos def include those two

Bloc Party were the best of the bunch. The two you’ve mentioned we’re definitely up there too. 

I never lumped BBC in with the landfill indie scene, personally. They had way more going on with their sound, like folky and ambient elements. They were always too interesting to be put in with the other bands from that scene. I always saw them as having more in common with Bon Iver, Tame Impala and The Shins than the Courteeners, Pigeon Detectives and Hard Fi. 

Edited by Andre91

1 minute ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

What size are Bloc Party these days? Know they supported Paramore in arenas.

This was the tour they did last year. I only went to the Nottingham date but I’ve never known Rock City as packed out as it was for them. It was genuinely shoulder to shoulder no matter where you were, even right up to the bar. Getting a drink was impossible. People were spilling out onto the stairs at the back of the venue. 

I just don’t think Bloc Party would play R&L at all these days. They haven’t played since 2009 which is mad considering what an ever present they used to be. Between them, Frank T and Shikari, they were the house bands for ages. 

6EA24A2C-5A4F-4905-8235-4781D787FF3A.jpeg

6 hours ago, Benj said:

Nah, they were one of the good ones that clearly were doing something different, a little more interesting 

BBC and Macabees were clearly, ultimately the stand out performers of that era/ subgenre.

Prob forgot a couple more who weren’t sh*t, the top 4 would mos def include those two

Maybe it was the sub genre that didn’t do it for me, I never really got Macabees either now that I think about it

1 hour ago, Andre91 said:

This was the tour they did last year. I only went to the Nottingham date but I’ve never known Rock City as packed out as it was for them. It was genuinely shoulder to shoulder no matter where you were, even right up to the bar. Getting a drink was impossible. People were spilling out onto the stairs at the back of the venue. 

I just don’t think Bloc Party would play R&L at all these days. They haven’t played since 2009 which is mad considering what an ever present they used to be. Between them, Frank T and Shikari, they were the house bands for ages. 

6EA24A2C-5A4F-4905-8235-4781D787FF3A.jpeg

Cheers!

9 hours ago, foolee said:

Liam is a shout now he’s doing TRSMT. 

Liam Gallagher / Eminem / Blink-182

Doja Cat / Maneskin / Fred Again… 

There's no way LG is doing TRNSMT, all those arenas AND R&L on top

they would have to be mad

3 minutes ago, gfa said:

There's no way LG is doing TRNSMT, all those arenas AND R&L on top

they would have to be mad

Maybe not but he’d be a cheaper option that sells loads of tickets. If Blink and Eminem are true, they will not be cheap. It doesn’t look like Kasabian will be touring so unless Catfish are back or KOL do it, who again won’t be cheap, LG seems a good shout for a indie headliner. 

1 hour ago, foolee said:

Maybe not but he’d be a cheaper option that sells loads of tickets. If Blink and Eminem are true, they will not be cheap. It doesn’t look like Kasabian will be touring so unless Catfish are back or KOL do it, who again won’t be cheap, LG seems a good shout for a indie headliner. 

I guess if they get LG they can splash out on some of these crazy MSW shouts being thrown about!

KOL will not be back so soon - if ever i think

they are just not popular with younger people like the other recent older names are

4 hours ago, Andre91 said:

Bloc Party were the best of the bunch. The two you’ve mentioned were definitely up there too. 

Bloc Party were head and shoulders above that scene, never really ever considered them part of it but I guess they have to be included simply due to the timeline

Silent Alarm is without doubt one of the best albums ever made

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

What do you mean? He's got plenty of material.

wow didn't realise how many albums he'd been pumping out

I think he is still possible as a sub regardless - he isn't headline or bust yet

3 hours ago, gfa said:

wow didn't realise how many albums he'd been pumping out

I think he is still possible as a sub regardless - he isn't headline or bust yet

Possible as a sub, but a ticket shifter rapper, who can do MSW