West Holts 2023

dotdash79

First year trying with a team of 6 so I've mentally convinced myself I'm going already - bad idea.

Looked back through old clashfinders and West Holts seems to be where I'd find myself most of the time, some awesome lineups over the years. 

Based on new music from this year I'd love to see The Comet Is Coming, Meridian Brothers, Ibibio Sound Machine, Binker and Moses, and then Rosalia headlining this stage.

16 minutes ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

Fri afternoon, cider in hand, warm sunshine on our shoulders listening to this pump out - 

Fantastic! For a moment I thought it was Prince singing.

They were definitely the 'find' for me at the festival, particularly sweet as it wasn't planned at all, I just stumbled onto their set in Silver Heyes.

5 minutes ago, BenG92 said:

You're probably right, more a 2nd stage head. 

I keep forgetting she's this enormous star now and not just the young girl who released Los Angeles 🤣

She's fab and obviously a huge star, but in the UK I wouldn't say she's at the level of an Other Stage headliner. She's had no hits and her sales are pretty negligible.  Top of the bill on El Westo looks ideal to me.

1 hour ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

A lot of people have called for Kae Tempest to be on WH next year and she's equally as bleak as Sleaford Mods. Spoken word, rap, slightly bluesy. As midday WH fodder, they're both fine I feel.

Kae Tempest on WH in 2017 (?) late afternoon I think, was not only one of the best Glastonbury sets I seen, but one of the best I've ever seen and not at all bleak.