Arcardia at the blood world cup

zahidf

14 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

To be fair David Beckham was also heavily involved in the England bid and he has sold his soul as well. 

I used to be a pretty big football fan but the morality of the game has turned me off over the years and I now just don't follow it any more. In the same way that I used to like to watch Arcadia all be it mostly from a distance but now their morality in recent years makes it a part of Glastonbury I won't go near. 

None of us live perfect lives and I'm sure I will do somethings that people would consider hypocritical but I try to get the big things right. Yesterday I filled my Facebook timeline with some of my favourite LGBTQ artists. I didn't really mean it to be a big deal but I just wanted those people who might be feeling less on a day like yesterday to know that I loved and appreciated them and I was actually touched by how many of my LGBTQ friends got in touch to say that they appreciated it. 

That is a fantastic idea... Think I'm gonna post the flag and  a message of support for all of my LGBTQ+ friends and family. 🙂 Thanks. 

3 hours ago, t0paz said:

If they came out and said the last 3 years have been really hard and it was this or financial ruin then at least that would be something. The silence is very odd. Maybe they can’t say anything until it’s all over?

There are quite a list of artists playing over there, who should be similarly boycotted if Arcadia are for this:

https://www.tixbox.com/en/?gclid=Cj0KCQiAveebBhD_ARIsAFaAvrHMOXCaz4cCoTF-7Ck72caoIRfYuuXLQRzc0iwJ_th_G4nRrb76el0aArpiEALw_wcB

Surprised to see Roger Sanchez playing after his Downlow speech in 2016 🙄

6 minutes ago, Alvoram said:

That is a fantastic idea... Think I'm gonna post the flag and  a message of support for all of my LGBTQ+ friends and family. 🙂 Thanks. 

Many of my favourite artists are LGBTQ, many of my friends are as well. They bring so much colour into my life and much more than just a rainbow flag. Kind of breaks my heart that football clubs capitulate because they might get a yellow card. 

47 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

Yesterday I filled my Facebook timeline with some of my favourite LGBTQ artists. I didn't really mean it to be a big deal but I just wanted those people who might be feeling less on a day like yesterday to know that I loved and appreciated them and I was actually touched by how many of my LGBTQ friends got in touch to say that they appreciated it. 

Love this.  Great move.

I'm not into football but I've found the comments on social media upsetting.  People saying we should just respect the views of their country and just put up with it.  FIFA's threats today are a disgrace and I'm taking a few days off Facebook rather than see comments that effectively condone their actions. 

14 minutes ago, stuie said:

Love this.  Great move.

I'm not into football but I've found the comments on social media upsetting.  People saying we should just respect the views of their country and just put up with it.  FIFA's threats today are a disgrace and I'm taking a few days off Facebook rather than see comments that effectively condone their actions. 

I'm fairly certain there's nothing in the laws of the game that say it's a yellow card offence so I would have much more respect for the various football associations if they had said they would legally challenge changing the rules of a sport a couple of hours before the first game. 

At this stage countries should be asking for FIFA to be disbanded and set up a new less corrupt version which actually reflects the modern game you know with some women involved in running the game. Watching the FIFA documentary on Netflix I just thought it looked like not only the most corrupt organisation but just so old fashioned. 

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

I'm fairly certain there's nothing in the laws of the game that say it's a yellow card offence so I would have much more respect for the various football associations if they had said they would legally challenge changing the rules of a sport a couple of hours before the first game. 

At this stage countries should be asking for FIFA to be disbanded and set up a new less corrupt version which actually reflects the modern game you know with some women involved in running the game. Watching the FIFA documentary on Netflix I just thought it looked like not only the most corrupt organisation but just so old fashioned. 

It would be interesting to see if FIFA would actually get to the point of sending a player off for it.

As a football fan who normally loves world cups I should be really looking forward to this game but I’m not at all. I’d like England to refuse to play, but sadly it won’t happen.

I noticed that the statement reads that the players won't be 'asked' to wear the arm bands... I read it as the ball was in their court, since the punishment got personal. Wonder if anybody will wear one anyway, or wear a t shirt underneath for when they score. 

6 minutes ago, Alvoram said:

I noticed that the statement reads that the players won't be 'asked' to wear the arm bands... I read it as the ball was in their court, since the punishment got personal. Wonder if anybody will wear one anyway, or wear a t shirt underneath for when they score. 

As a side note, this is torture attempting not to watch the game, and now I'm even more tempted to pop it on just to see if anybody is wearing an arm band...

Does anybody know if anybody is wearing one? 

1 minute ago, Alvoram said:

As a side note, this is torture attempting not to watch the game, and now I'm even more tempted to pop it on just to see if anybody is wearing an arm band...

Does anybody know if anybody is wearing one? 

You've not got it on in the pub?

Good on you, presuming the pub is open.

3 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

You've not got it on in the pub?

Good on you, presuming the pub is open.

Pub is closed on Mondays... 

Sadly it will be on later in the week, but we've done absolutely zero promotion of it. It'll just be on in one room for locals. 

We usually hire a huge screen and run events for hundreds for major tournaments, and when this was first announced as a winter tournament we'd considered doing the same, popping the heated marquee up, hiring the big screen, etc. But thankfully we decided against it. 

As per my earlier post though, this stance will get more difficult as England advance. It's easy to take this lacklustre approach during the group stages. But as England progress suddenly everybody in the country wants to watch it at a pub. 😕 So I don't know what we're going to do further down the line. I'm very much torn between the needs of a struggling business, my own love of football and england, and my own personal feelings regarding Qatar. 😞 

1 minute ago, Alvoram said:

Pub is closed on Mondays... 

Sadly it will be on later in the week, but we've done absolutely zero promotion of it. It'll just be on in one room for locals. 

We usually hire a huge screen and run events for hundreds for major tournaments, and when this was first announced as a winter tournament we'd considered doing the same, popping the heated marquee up, hiring the big screen, etc. But thankfully we decided against it. 

As per my earlier post though, this stance will get more difficult as England advance. It's easy to take this lacklustre approach during the group stages. But as England progress suddenly everybody in the country wants to watch it at a pub. 😕 So I don't know what we're going to do further down the line. I'm very much torn between the needs of a struggling business, my own love of football and england, and my own personal feelings regarding Qatar. 😞 

1 -0 and no sign of Armbands .... but i didn't watch any build up 

• Like 1

Just now, Alvoram said:

So I don't know what we're going to do further down the line. I'm very much torn between the needs of a struggling business, my own love of football and england, and my own personal feelings regarding Qatar. 😞 

Yea I can totally see your point here.

Personally I'm not really a fan of international football, CL is much better quality. TBH I'm not an England fan either, as an Irishman I'm "anyone but England"

I'm so angry about this today, the world cup is something I look forward to to the point that when it comes around i'm in a frenzy and now that it's started, i'm just so FURIOUS that this joy and antcipation been taken away from us. There is so little to be happy about at the moment and this is just one thing on top of everything else. 

I'm not watching for as long as i can stand it (my resolve is already having a wobble) but at least i can keep track of the scores through the cheering around the housing estate, I assume England just scored. 

7 minutes ago, GeezLouise said:

I'm so angry about this today, the world cup is something I look forward to to the point that when it comes around i'm in a frenzy and now that it's started, i'm just so FURIOUS that this joy and antcipation been taken away from us. There is so little to be happy about at the moment and this is just one thing on top of everything else. 

I'm not watching for as long as i can stand it (my resolve is already having a wobble) but at least i can keep track of the scores through the cheering around the housing estate, I assume England just scored. 

unfortunately my resolve broke early 😞 .... I guess some of the lack of build up is down to timing and the christmas clash shops will be focussing on that we would normally dedicate our main aisle to world cup but as its xmas its just 1 end of an aisle  2- 0 .... make that 3 -0 .... 31 mins played 

Edited by Crazyfool01

Somebody suggested that England could sacrifice a sub, as they get 5 per game. Send on a different 'biit part' captain with the arm bands, them sub them straight off after getting the card, that would make an incredible statement. And the record quickest sub would stand to keep people talking about it too. 

5 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

Yea I can totally see your point here.

Personally I'm not really a fan of international football, CL is much better quality. TBH I'm not an England fan either, as an Irishman I'm "anyone but England"

I'm a huge England fan, much like @GeezLouise major tournaments are usually something we look forward to. The last tournament was easily the highlight of the last few years. It's heart breaking that we now have to chose between our morals or the game we love. 😞

This was my view of 'that penalty' that took us to the final vs Denmark... (sorry, it's a screen grab as I videoed it.) And the absolute scenes that followed it. There was something magical about travelling back up the M1 that night, the roads and every services full of united fans under one team, I think I stopped at 4 services on the short journey, just to soak up the atmosphere!!! England were finally in a major final!

1579727866_image0(2).png.53c8a7bf508ed4dc38d223db7adf3aa1.png

14 minutes ago, danmarks said:

No armbands.

If you get two yellow cards you miss the next match so that will have some bearing on it

Last minute changes to get just 1 card could maybe be seen - especially given how this match is going theres no real risk

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, gigpusher said:

See also: -

• All Governments/Political parties
  • The heads of most organised religion
  • All boards of directors at FTSE100 and other large companies
  • Pretty much any organisation which has power, money and influence.

World's fucked mate.  FIFA and the fucking disgrace of this world cup is scratching the surface.

21 minutes ago, gfa said:

Last minute changes to get just 1 card could maybe be seen - especially given how this match is going theres no real risk

yeah, but won't they tally up throughout the tournament towards a suspension? 

(edit, ignore the above. realise i have mis-read)

Edited by GeezLouise