2023 Wishlist

Nick07

17 hours ago, Guy Incognito said:

I think Big Thief are very likely. Have played the festival before and are definitely the right size to headline. I thought that perhaps over 2022 they'd become too big to be re-booked as headliners but reckon they are the perfect size. 

I'd prefer them as Thursday headliners but am expecting them to be Friday, Saturday or Sunday. 

Was very excited about Angel Olsen when she was first booked but not arsed now. Havent really enjoyed much of her recent material despite loving Burn Your Fire.... and My Woman. Think I'd prefer someone like Sharon VE these days. 

Aren't AO and SVE a package tour these days?

On 11/20/2022 at 9:49 PM, Superscally said:

When do lineups/rumours tend to emerge? 

On no logic, or knowledge I call:

King Gizz

Phoebe Bridgers

Big Thief

Personal favourite to appear anywhere: 

Marlon Williams

Thoughts? 

Any likely candidates emerging already?

First line up usually comes early in the new year - January or February.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, allpointsnorth said:

Moseley Folk Festival (which most of you know is the same weekend as EOTR and as such share some of the same acts), their line up officially announced tomorrow evening however spoiler alert, intial acts are Wilco, Squeeze, The Proclaimers, Blindboy, Gwenno, Chloe Foy, Angelina Morrison, Elanor Moss, Crewdson Cevanne.  

Would be very happy with Wilco,Squeeze And Gwenno turning up.

Oooh Wilco please!

Electric Picnic (same weekend) just announced their first wave

Probably just Amyl and Idles from below a runner for EOTR?

Billie eillish - Friday headliner

fred again - Saturday headliner

Lewis capaldi - Saturday headliner

Niall Horan

idles

steve Lacy

jamie xx

tom Odell

Rick astley

Amyl and the sniffers

45 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Oooh Wilco please!

Electric Picnic (same weekend) just announced their first wave

Probably just Amyl and Idles from below a runner for EOTR?

I mean, Niall Horan has time to surprise us all... Amyl are in Europe over Green Man weekend too so I suspect they might play there.

Conversely if Wilco are over I don't see them not showing up at EOTR, unless they "do a Midlake". I don't get the idea that an American band wouldn't play two festivals in a weekend, that's literally what they're in Europe for.

2 hours ago, RedRockRick said:

Can't see Wilco doing two festival dates over a weekend. They're most welcome to Squeeze.

I'd be surprised if Wilco don't play EOTR, happy to be proved wrong of course.

Awaiting Manchester Psych Fest news as that is the other event that crosses over with EOTR acts. Their early bird ticket offer ended today (I think) so hopefully not too long before line up news is announced. 

Wilco have pretty close ties with EOTR having played as a band and Jeff solo in the past. Plus that Schmilco album playback in the Tipi that time. I don't don't know how much that has to do with Rich Thane of TLOBF as I know he is a MASSIVE fan. If he's in any way involved in the bookings outside of the TLOBF involvement, then they'll certainly be in with a shout.

1 hour ago, allpointsnorth said:

Awaiting Manchester Psych Fest news as that is the other event that crosses over with EOTR acts. Their early bird ticket offer ended today (I think) so hopefully not too long before line up news is announced. 

There's also the odd mid to late August European festival that might be worth keeping an eye on - Canela Party in Spain the weekend before has already announced Les Savy Fav, Osees, Crack Cloud and Tropical Fuck Storm (though the latter were on Green Man's 2020 lineup)

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, SweepingTheNation said:

There's also the odd mid to late August European festival that might be worth keeping an eye on - Canela Party in Spain the weekend before has already announced Les Savy Fav, Osees, Crack Cloud and Tropical Fuck Storm (though the latter were on Green Man's 2020 lineup)

Crack Cloud played 2021 but having seen them recently I'd have them back because they are such a good live band.

Osees have to play because who wouldn't want to watch them.

Would love Wilco. Idles is a no from me. As above Amyl & Sniffers will probably do GM as I don't remember them there being there before.

1 hour ago, Guy Incognito said:

Dont reckon we'll have any of them.

1 hour ago, SweepingTheNation said:

Wouldn't say they're nailed on at all, they're in Europe from the week before Green Man so might well play that instead, because I doubt a band of their size are doing both.

Bet you both a pint they play.